The Following's New Showrunner Leaves After Three Months on the Job

By KateStanhope

Aug 29, 2014

The Following's new showrunner has departed the series before the new season even begins production.

Alcatraz executive producer Jennifer Johnson has exited less than three months after getting promoted to oversee the Fox drama for Season 3, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Johnson, who attended the show's Comic-Con panel in late July, will instead focus on developing new projects under her deal with Warner Bros. TV, the studio that produces The Following. A trio of executive producers—Marcos Siega, Brett Mahoney, and Alexi Hawley—will take over day-to-day duties on the series.

Johnson was originally stepping in for creator Kevin Williamson, so that he could devote his attention to his new CBS series, Stalker, which premieres in September.

The Following Season 3 will debut in 2015 on Fox.

• Comments (19)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ellenrodriguez923 Sep 04, 2014

I find it telling that NOWHERE on the A&E; website can you send them an email telling them what you think!

• LOST-TWD-PP-GOT Sep 03, 2014

I don't know why? It's such a well written show, with monster ratings. ; )

• mzzdelinquent Aug 31, 2014

guess she didnt have a FOLLOWING!!!... :P

hahahaha.. DA-dum-dahhh...

ill be here all week.. dont forget to tip your waitress & sexual harass them on your way out! :)

• Mar-Q Aug 30, 2014

I'm just not sure the show will be worth watching without James Purefoy/Joe Carroll. The show was about HIS Following...

• chrelle66 Aug 30, 2014

They probably wouldn't let him do anything that made sense.

• zeofan1 Aug 30, 2014

Because Jennifer Johnson is such an androgynous name.

• chrelle66 Aug 30, 2014

Hmm, maybe I should try paying attention to what I'm reading, instead of making assumptions.

• joseharris3 Aug 30, 2014

• Sanity_Bleeds Aug 30, 2014

Well, that makes as much sense as every other reason given here....

• 377221 Aug 30, 2014

This is exactly the kind of chaos the show needs if it's going to compete with Under the Dome for the title of shittiest drama on TV.

• slayme3 Aug 30, 2014

^^-- post of the day right here!

• Eric10301 Aug 30, 2014

Alcatraz was garbage anyway, so this is probably a good thing.

Yeah, but it was another chance to see Sarah Jones' massive... talents, so there was that going for it!

• Taccado Aug 30, 2014

I chuckled when I read the head line. It's jsut so comical.

• Grumpyclown Aug 29, 2014

No worries, I got this! ;-)

Nah, I've seen you use logic and forethought before, you have no place on this show.

• Grumpyclown Aug 30, 2014

I didn't say I was going to use logic or forethought - this is The Following we are talking about!

• chrelle66 Aug 30, 2014

That's a great idea. You should totally apply for the job.

• Grumpyclown Aug 30, 2014

I will be writing an outline for the series