Beauty and the Beast

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

Golden Girls

By RobinHeuver, May 10, 2013

who played Melissa, Blanche's granddaughter?

Season 7, Episode 3.

By Wanted23, Aug 14, 2008

This episode was beastly, no pun intended with the title. Sophia starting in the wheelchair was hilarious! She sneezed and blew herself off the stool! Haha! Blanche took her seven-year-old granddaughter to watch the sailors come in. Wow. That was pretty funny. I loved it! It was so good, like every episode! Rose lost the Little Miss St. Olaf pageant! 23 years in a row! They chose someone's imaginary playmate over her! Wow. She smelled rats... Rose is so funny, God bless her. Dorothy lost the Little Miss Brooklyn contest, and Sophia was a judge! LMAO! I love Sophia! She and Rose are my favorites!moreless

Mrs. Poole moves to Miami!

By blizair09, Jun 22, 2007

This was a good episode. Sophia has been recently ill, so Dorothy hires a former Shady Pines nurse (played by the magnificant Edie McClurg) to look after her. Sophia feins illness to keep the nurse in the house when she is driving the other girls crazy. This is classic Sophia!

Blanche's granddaughter comes to visit and Blanche becomes obsessed with her entering a junior beauty competition. When the granddaughter freezes up during the talent portion, Blanche performs "You are my Sunshine" complete with boa and dance routine!

I wouldn't say that this is one of the best episodes of the series, but it is certainly worth a watch.moreless

Sophia needs somebody to look after her.

By tvFanatic2008, Oct 11, 2006

I really didn't enjoy the story of Blanche's granddaughter. I did find the joke of how Sohpia was a judge in the Little Miss Brooklyn Pageant and she didn't vote for Dorothy and she was sitting in the front row sucking a lemon very funny though. I more enjoyed the Nurse DeFarge story. It was funny and a great season seven episode.