Dorothy's New Friend

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Blanche and Rose are right about Barbara being an asshole.

By Koalabbilovey, Apr 24, 2013

Dorothy is to stupid to realize Barbara is nothing but a stuck up slob.

Absolutely hysterical

By readysetgo88, Aug 09, 2008

This is definitely one of my favorite Golden Girls episodes of all time. I could never get sick of watching the scene where Barbara Thorndyke first meets Blanche and Rose. It's hysterically funny how pretentious Barbara is, and how clueless Blanche and Rose seem to be. I just love the way their cluelessness seems to take Barbara down a peg... instead of fawning over her intelligence and wit the way Dorothy does, they miss it, which seems to really frustrate Barbara. I also love the second scene they have together, where Rose talks about playing "Oogle and Floogle" (Adults play it!) Those two scenes are what really make this episode so special. I also adore the scene where Dorothy references Three's Company and Blanche and Rose put her down... "At last a reference from Dorothy that even we illiterates can understand..." "I guess her well of knowledge has run dry... That's a metaphor, Dorothy." (That right there is Rose at her best... classic!) This whole episode is one laugh right after another.moreless

Dorthy new best friend makes Blanche and Rose Jealous.

By yuki_megami, Jun 16, 2007

Dorthy went to an book signing.She meets an author name Barbra.Who she became fast friends with.When she brought her over to meet her roommates.Rose and Blance impression was that they didn't liked her.Even though Dorthy likes her.They had to play along with it.However Dorthy makes them upset when she wasn't going with them to the masquarade ball.She was going with Barbra somewhere else.The girls think that Barbra isn't an good friend.When Dorthy learn how an friend Barbra can be.She rejected her friendship.

Yeah this was an good episode it shows who u can trust your real friend that is.moreless

Dorothy sacrifices Rose and Blanche for a snobby new best friend.

By tvFanatic2008, Oct 10, 2006

I loved how Rose really didn't understand that Dorothy was going to chose the book thing over being the rearend of the donkey. Rose was just so oblivious. I really liked the adult hide and go seek game. I didn't like the character of Barbara and I also didn't like Dorothy treating Blanche and Rose with disrespect but I liked seeing how Blanche and Rose tried to give Dorothy the silent treatment. All in all, not a bad episode.