Mother's Day

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Past mother's day experiences.

Wonderful episode

By damanray, Dec 16, 2009

'Now at 17 i wasn't about to do anything you wanted me to do'. For God's sake Blanche you have to be kidding me. According to Blanche at the age of 17 in 1949 (we know now Blanche's age YAY) she ran away to marry an unemployed, divorced man just to kick his daughter off the Cheer leading squad. It is apart of four flash back scenes the girls do while waiting for all their children to call.

Dorothy kicks off, with a scene including Stan who appears four times in the third season. Dorothy and Stan hoping to borrow money off his mother, a woman who supposedly is incapable of liking Dorothy, of course it turns Stan's mother can't stand Stan and is mean to Dorothy to keep Stan away from her. LOL

Blanche tells the story of the last mother's day she spent with her mother. I thought it was Rue's best episode of the season. Her character wasn't written in its best form during the third season, but rather i found she was in the background making sarcastic remarks that really should have been left for Dorothy and Sophia. Her character is at its best when she's telling a story about a past experience or bragging about a former sexual experience or remaining totally oblivious to a situation eg. Season 1- Going to her senior Prom with a Yankee.

Season 2- Going through menopause or wearing black panties during a cheer leading competition with her sister. Which is why i like this episode. Blanche tells a story (in the presence of her mother) of the time she almost got married and once again we get invited into Blanche's little world and it is hilarity, while at the same time the pain she feels knowing that her mother is dying is so evident in her face. Rose tells a story of a mother's day she spent with somebody else's mother. Very sentimental flashback. Rose protecting the women and spending the entire time with her conversing. Rose really is a such a nice person. The laughs though come from Sophia's flashback. She returns to Brooklyn telling the story of the mother's day she tries to get her mother to move in with her. Her mother played brilliantly by Bea Arthur was quite funny especially Salvadore's relationship with his mother in law. It's also important to note the height of Sophia's mother. It proves that Dorothy is Sophia's daughter and rather just got the recessive gene. Best Line- 'Dorothy when i'm older if i ever do this to you i want you to take me out to the field and kill me'

Young Dorothy- Could you put that in writing.moreless

Season 3, Episode 25.

By Wanted23, Apr 09, 2009

This was an awesome episode, and a good conclusion to the third season of the show. I liked all the Mother's Day flashbacks. I liked when Rose's son called and she asked him if his tongue would stick to metal and he made her hold. LMFAO! I liked that Blanche was 17 and going to marry a 40 year old whose daughter is her rival on the cheerleading squad. Hehe, I liked Rose's story too. Haha, the lady she was talking to looked like she wanted to jump in front of the bus. Haha, I missed the Dorothy and Sophia flashback because I was on the phone. Cool episode.moreless