Stan Takes a Wife

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Stan is finally act like a decent man

By Koalabbilovey, Mar 17, 2013

Sophia fall ill and Stan finally act like a decent man for one.

While Stan announces that he is getting married, Sophia is taken ill and while in the hospital near death, Stan and Dorothy wait it out.

By grewupwatching, Feb 25, 2010

This episode shows that no matter what has happened between Dorothy and Stan, there are still strong feelings between them. As they spend the night together waiting for news on Sophia we see how hard it for them to forget the 38 years they have together.

Dorothy is really scared and the familiar comfort that Stan offers is just what she needs. This episode really highlights how much love there is here. But through it all there are the laughs. "Stan showed me that special part of himself." "Right there in the waiting room?" "Not that part Rose!!"

A great final episode from Winifred Hervey.moreless

Stan almost grows up a little

By readysetgo88, Aug 09, 2008

I understand not every episode can be just one funny moment right after another and that sometimes it's nice to have something a little more serious, but eh... I'm still not a big fan of this one. It's nice to see Stan being so caring towards Dorothy, but one wonders why we don't see this side of him more often. It seems only natural to me that Dorothy is having issues with Stan getting married yet again, since it seems like he might actually be growing up a little. I thought it was unfair that Rose and Blanche worked so hard to keep her from "ruining" Stan's new marriage. Why should they care that much, anyway? It's not like they like Stan. It seems like they should've been supporting Dorothy's decision rather than making her feel bad. I never understood that.

I'm glad we got to see a different aspect of Stan and Dorothy's relationship here, but it's not a very funny episode.moreless

Dorothy still loves Stan.

By tvFanatic2008, Oct 09, 2006

I liked the whole idea. No matter how much Dorothy makes fun of him, this episode proved that there will always be part of him in her. I'm glad they didn't get back together, but it was nice to see the other girls try to stop it, while Dorothy tries to fight them off. I was glad to see Dorothy showing some compassion to him.