Yes, We Have No Havanas

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

Blanche and Sophia fight over the same man and it's all out war. Meanwhile Dorothy and Rose are involved in a silly side story about high school and way too many Hitler references!

By grewupwatching, Feb 23, 2010

By Season 4 the show had really hit its stride. The Blanche vs Sophia battle here for Fidel is filled with the kind of one liners that are the trademark of the series.

Sophia's comments can sometimes come off as a little mean but here we finally get to see someone giving Blanche what she so richly deserves. When she calls her a fifty year old mattress it's really funny. Sophia works her magic and outwits Blanche as only she can.

The side story doesn't cut it. After a silly Hitler joke, Dorothy pronounces that Rose is a high school graduate. Way too unrealistic, even for the Golden Girls.moreless

To me, season four was when the show was at it's best.

By tvFanatic2008, Oct 09, 2006

I absolutely loved this whole storyline, except for the continuity errors that it brings up later about Rose graduating or not graduating from high school. I thought the whole Blanche and Sophia story was great and Rose taking a class at the school was very funny. This was a cleverly written episode.