Promotional Considerations

Episode Reviews (2)

Great

Another great show!

By RoxieVelma, Aug 04, 2005

This show was great especially Cheech Marin as Chuy when he tells Blanche Sophia won his pot and Blanche gives him a shocked look. When he says "Do I look like someone who would smoke marijuana?" I almost died. Bobcat Goldthwait was wonderful in this episode as the supposed killer who turns out to be something completely surprising. The ladies were great and Don Cheadle as Roland was also good in this episode.

When else are you going to see Bobcat Goldthwaith play a psychotic killer who turns out to be half-way sane?

By chadmosher14, Aug 02, 2005

Ah, yes. You gotta love guest stars, especially when they play their part down to a "T." But, first, to the plot line of this episode. Roland's jealousy of Blanche's ownership of the hotel. Roland doesn't want to switch the method of doing things, but Blanche wishes everyone would check in with her before doing anything concerning funds. I think that this really shows Roland's character, how he can be one of the nicest guys, but yet he doesn't want to lose his "baby," so to speak.

But, I would have to say that by far, the highlight of this episode is Bobcat Goldthwaith's portrayal of the guest of Barbara McCrell's show. Everyone thinks that this guy is a screaming, loud maniac who is a former killer. But, it turns out that he's actually a psychiatrist used for her show. He just plays the part awesomely, as it was making me roll on the floor in laughter.

Finally, I still don't think that Oliver is a character that doesn't need to be there. Other than his presence, this episode was a very good example.moreless