News Briefs: The Good Wife Promotes Matthew Goode to Series Regular

By Kaitlin Thomas

Mar 29, 2014

WHERE THERE'S NO WILL, THERE'S A MATTHEW

... Matthew Goode, (Leap Year) who plays The Good Wife's Finn Polmar, a new prosecutor in the State's Attorney office, has been upped to a series regular for the rest of Season 5 following Sunday's devastating and traumatic SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER OMG THERE'S A SPOILER STOP READING death of Josh Charles' Will Gardner. According to an interview that series creators Robert and Michelle King did with TVLine, Goode's character was created specifically to ensure the series would still have a good balance of estrogen and testosterone going forward. 'Cause you know how it is when you get too many women in a room, am I right? I don't know what I'm talking about. Anyway, expect to see Finn caught in the middle of the drama as the State's Attorney's office searches for a scapegoat. There's no word yet on Goode's status for Season 6. [TV Guide]

BUSINESS TIME

... SundanceTV has announced a slight change of schedule for Season 2 of The Writers' Room, the series in which Community's Jim Rash sits down with various TV writers to discuss their shows. Originally slated to premiere April 14, Season 2 will now bow on Friday, April 18 at 9pm. Here's the show's full schedule:

– Friday, April 18 at 9pm: Scandal

– Friday, April 25 at 9pm: The Walking Dead, Superman, and Other Comic Book Adaptations

– Friday, May 2 at 9pm: House of Cards

– Friday, May 9 at 9pm: Sons of Anarchy

– Friday, May 16 at 9pm: The Good Wife

– Friday, May 23 at 9pm: Pretty Little Liars

[SundanceTV via press release]

... Indie-rock band Yo La Tengo is headed to Pawnee to partake in Leslie's Unity Concert, which will be the focus of the Season 6 finale. They'll play a Night Ranger cover band known as Bobby Knight Ranger, and yes, they'll be playing "Sister Christian." [Rolling Stone]

... NBC's perennially underrated bubble show Parenthood brought in 4.4 million total viewers last night, which is an increase of 5 percent week-to-week. However, now would be a breat time to send an e-mail blast to all of your friends urging them to watch watch the series, because Parenthood is not looking too good not to get another season. Elsewhere last night, Fox's new comedy Surviving Jack (which Tim thought was kind of meh), drew 5.1 million viewers and earned a 1.3 in the 18-49 demo. [TV Line]

... Syfy's been pretty busy today, first renewing Helix for a second season, and now releasing the first poster for Sharknado 2: The Second One (SHARK HAPPENS!). But that's not all: Syfy has also moved up the film's premiere date to July 30, which is one whole day earlier than what was previously announced. Anyway, here's the poster:

[TV Line]

CASTING NEWS

... Dana Delany (Body of Proof) is the latest actor to join Amazon's drama pilot Hand Of God, which stars Sons of Anarchy's Ron Perlman as Judge Harris Pernell, a "hard-living, law-bending married man" with some questionable morals and a lady on the side. He eventually  experiences a religious awakening and starts to believe that God is talking to him through his son, who's on a ventilator. Delaney will play Pernell's wife, Crystal. [Deadline]

• Comments (74)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Kerkesh Mar 31, 2014

I think the Sharknado really is a revival of the dumb 1950s cult movies like the Blob or giant spiders. So on that note, I will be watching it and laugh my head off on its kitsch.

• achaffecombe Mar 30, 2014

Don't real articles about shows you are "behind on". Also; when an article says SPOILER SPOILER ...stop reading!!!

• marijn3333 Mar 30, 2014

Thank you for spoiling the Good Wife for me (1 episode behind) by UNDERLINING the spoiler. Great.

• dude19 Mar 30, 2014

That Writers Room lineup...one of these is not like the other.

• Saschabuschkh Mar 30, 2014

Yeah, I didn't know that The Walking Dead had a writers' room either.

• hockeyrick Mar 30, 2014

I like parenthood but sometimes it is just wayyyyy to much, LTFU!

• kou_shun_u Mar 29, 2014

Really like the Sharknado poster. I even really really like the tilte of "The Second One". Alas, those are oing to be the best part of the film.

Like probably most people, I totally watched it because of the catchy title. However, fall asleep watching it and so did all of my company except one. SPOILER AHEAD Not saddened by the loss but more so by the lack of the sharknado throughout the majority of the movie (it appears somewhere at the end.)

• MarlboroMagpi Mar 29, 2014

The line-up for The Writers' Room, season two looks even more exciting than season one. I am definitely looking forward to it. If you are fans of the shows, it is definitely fun to watch Jim interview the people behind it. I am looking forward to all of it except Pretty little Liars. My only complaint is why is TWD not getting their own episode and have to share?

Hand of God sounds terrible but watching Ron Perlman plays this character could possibly be very fun.

• CT0760 Mar 29, 2014

Ever since seeing Stoker Mathew Goode has always been...creepy
    Sharknado 2 is another sign that syfy has fallen so far from the quality channel it once was
    And any show with Dana delany is worth watching, she's a great example of how older women still have that mixture of charisma, sex appeal, and great talent

• ChicN Mar 29, 2014

I was too busy thinking about how cute I found Goode during the court scenes that I nearly forgot about being SPOILED about Will's impending death, heh.

He already seems to have a better handle on his fake American accent than Kalinda!

• dunlee Apr 21, 2014

Kalinda isn't even trying. She is supposed to be British I think.

• JackSaat Mar 29, 2014

OMG so wait... Sharknado 2 is not a joke?

• See More Comments (22)