The Good Wife Books The Following's Connie Nielsen for a Recurring Role

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 15, 2014

The Following's Connie Nielsen has joined the cast of The Good Wife for Season 6, according to TV Line.

The actress will play the recurring part of Ramona, an intelligent attorney with connections in Cook County who will first appear in the season’s fourth episode.

Nielsen joins previously announced guest-star Taye Diggs, who will recur as Dean Levine-Wilkins, a partner at Lockhart/Gardner who decides to join Diane in her move to Florrick/Agos. True Blood’s Carrie Preston will also reprise her Emmy-winning role as Elsbeth Tascioni.

Nielsen is no stranger to (fictional) Chicago politics. Prior to appearing on The Following, she portrayed the wife of the Mayor of Chicago on Boss.

The Good Wife returns Sunday, September 21 at 9pm on CBS.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview: 
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (7)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • JT_Kirk Aug 17, 2014

Oh man, I really hated her on L&O; SVU, it seemed like bad writing but she really just rubbed me the wrong way with her acting as well.

• MorbidPet Aug 16, 2014

Awesome! Love Connie! Even on L&O; SVU (hope the SVU fandom won't have me secretly assassinated now tho, they really hate her over there)

Even tho I want to keep Kelli Giddish on SVU I so wish Sophia could come back and spark some life back in Kalinda, she's been really bleak other than her Robocop mode after Will died. Sophia, Kalinda & Cary would be such a delightful thing to watch ;)

• hurtlocker10 Aug 16, 2014

I hope Carrie Preston gets more episodes next season, she is after all, the shit.

• 377221 Aug 16, 2014

The only way she could top The Following is to appear on Under the Dome.

• 377221 Aug 17, 2014

The Following's Connie Nielsen is harsh. I mean I know it's her most recent work, but it still does her a disservice, like "BMX Bandits' Nicole Kidman".

• MandySCG Aug 16, 2014

I can't wait for this show to come back. I wonder what kind of tv show schedule juggling I'll have to do this year... TGW is always delayed by sports.

• MarlboroMagpi Aug 15, 2014

One of the best thing about the good wife is they really knows how to find good guest stars. So excited to see her. She was one of the better ones on the Following.

Taye Diggs did a good job on murder in the first.