The Inside

Show Reviews (83)

Great

Cut too short

By pebble7, Apr 09, 2011

It is sad to me that people won't watch these shows and realize that these things, or worse, happen in our world all of the time. There is only a small percentage that they get tips on, and often too little "hard" evidence. It was nice to find a show that didn't tiptoe around Trauma and while relatively uncommon, showed things that occur in our country and world. Every serial killer lives next to someone....

I loved the show and it was paradoxically a "breath of fresh air" releasing many taboo things that occur and especially as shown through the main character that has been traumatized by similar abuses. Something that shows the truth, although through ficticious characters and events, shouldn't be kept quiet any longer. If we don't have truth, what point is there? Unless people want to live in naivete and sheltered happiness. God bless them the day they trip on the truth..... Just an opinion.moreless

Dark, mysterious and disturbing in a good sense. A psychological drama that offers a view to the other side of humanity.

By iamscribbled, Mar 26, 2011

Shame that it ended with just one season -- not just that but it ended with such a cliff hanger episode finale that made me wishing for season 2 that never came. "The Inside" is a rare show that doesn't attempt to coat the world with icing but, instead, delves into the possibilities of what the human being is capable of doing. It not just about the crimes they investigate that makes you cringe but also of the characters and how they are being manipulated or they themselves manipulates others. The feel of the show is heavy so it's not for everyone but it's one of those shows that does not entertain in a way that you'll feel positively satisfied after watching it but it makes you wonder and question.moreless

A great, seriously done and captivating show that should have had a full run of at least 2-3 seasons.

By Atterdag, Jul 10, 2009

No show can demonstrate its potential in either seven or thirteen episodes. Yet this one did. Those strange people who make decisions seem to have decided to let the show die beforehand, as they aired it in the summer. The show had some slight flaws that would have been corrected in the following episodes. Rebecca, very well played by the beautiful Rachel Nichols, would have established herself socially, which would have put more life into the team. I think, perhaps, the manuscripts overemphasized her inner sense of emptiness, or let it run too long. Rebecca was also, herself, perhaps 'taken' a bit too much. But Rachel did very good rookie work, and the rest of the cast was terrific, and all of the episodes stand watching several times. Is there a DVD out?moreless

Disappointing addition to a pretty full field.

By bigpuppax, Jan 10, 2008

I am a fan of crime dramas, but found The Inside extremely disappointing. To be fair, I may be spoiled by Criminal Minds, but stacked up next to the latter, I found The Inside shallow and unsophisticated, with uninteresting characters and boring cases. Actual profiling is usually nonexistent and when present at all mostly meaningless nonsense. Even worse, especially for a crime drama, I found outcomes extremely predictable (maybe because of my "training" from Criminal Minds.

If you enjoyed The Inside at all, I strongly recommend you try out Criminal Minds. Even with the recent departure of Mandy Patinkin, it has far more to offer than The Inside.moreless

It was too young to die

By Iconey, Oct 29, 2007

This series, a kind of off-spring from the mother of the profiling-shows "Profiler" :-), had potential to take the genre to the next generation and I really looked forward to get to know the characters a little better every episode, but then: The end! The cases the team had to solve were dark, cool and very twisted. As in any good story about the psychology of the murderer and the murder the audience was drawn in to figure out the story behind the story, what made this series special was the terrible history of the new rookie profiler Rebecca Locke. From this experience derived her unique skill as a profiler and built the ground for the interaction with and development of the other characters, which was really great to watch. Especially in these episodes, where those elements were combined with the case their solving, the show wasn't just another one about a bunch of FBI-profilers trying to hunt down the evil-doers.

It's just a great pity.moreless

A good show with great acting grounded without given a chance to take off. BRING IT BACK!

By allyp182, Oct 02, 2007

I was so upset when FOX first announced the cancellation of The Inside! This show had fantastic potential, but was never given a chance. I mean, how did the cancel-happy Fox expect it to become a huge hit when it aired in the summer and the dates kept on changing? The acting was well done and the storylines kept me coming back for more. There was something about The Inside which differentiated it from all the crime dramas on TV - it could have been the uniqueness of using profiling to catch a killer, the main character Rebecca's backstory as victim of random abduction as a child, it's goriness or how you won't guess the killers right off the bat. Sure, on the outside it looked similar to CSI, with the opening shots of the city, the grainy flashbacks, the gore...but it's so much more than that. The Inside focuses a lot more on using psychology to catch killers rather than science and technology as seen on CSI.

I don't understand why Fox decided to air it at such a crappy time; it needed a second season to grow. The Inside had all the makings of a huge hit. Instead of canceling the show maybe they should have gotten a writers helper for some different storylines.The one episode that stands out in my mind was when the bureau all thought that the groundskeeper was responsible for the murder of an 8 year old boy, but it was really a ten year old psychopath who framed the groundskeeper.

Rebecca Locke, the new FBI agent with "a gift, forged in pain" for profiling as Web put it, was my favorite character and the eye-catching beauty of the show. While she may seem cold and emotionally detached, it's for a good reason - Rebecca was abducted for a year and a half as a young girl, escaping from her abductor by starting a fire and leaving him for dead. Due to her kidnapping, Rebecca learned the cold hard reality of life and how to save herself, and that nobody was going to come to rescue her. Melody Sim and Danny Love add some dry humor to this dark, depressing, gruesome crime drama. Also, I noticed some good chemistry between Danny and Rebecca - I think the writers were setting up a little future romance there!

It saddens me how a cheap rip-off like Criminal Minds can get renewed as well as complete crap like CSI: Miami is going onto it's sixth season, when all that show is, is style and no substance. Overall, spectacular show that truly transcends all other similar ones, including Criminal Minds, it's rip-off, in all aspects (acting, meaning, understandability, value). Such a shame it was canceled so early, but don't worry, this show already made a huge impression on me with only one season, in other words, half a season is enough to make an impressive statement in the world of crime and detective genres, to dictate its own sturdy and shining place in a world filled with crappy, time-wasting and mediocre shows.

Damn the one who cut this show short (it better be because of budget problems), damn it if the reason the show was cut short was the viewers' preference because then these are just viewers who don't know how to appreciate a phenomenal show for crap!

BRING THE INSIDE BACK!!!!!moreless

Such a good show... I want it back!!

By Manu4380, Sep 09, 2007

I still don't know why they cancelled it... This was a very good show and it deserved a second chance.

I watch a lot of shows, but only a few I consider really good and my favorites too. This was one of them.

Some people say it was a little "dark", but I liked it this way.

I loved the characters and I think the cases were pretty good.

This wasn't all dark, we got our funny moments once is a while, specially with Danny and Melody.

There might be people there that don't share my opinion, but I always thought that Rebecca and Paul could've been a cute couple. Too bad he was married and almost had a child.

Such a good show... They should've given it another chance...moreless

One the BEST TV series I have EVER watched. That's saying a lot when I would definitely rank this in the top among Heroes, LOST and House. I've never been more disappointed with FOX for failing to notice they had another winner. BRING IT BACK!!

By cloh2083, Feb 13, 2007

'The Inside' is an absolute winner of a TV series. Sure, I've watched plenty of crime thrillers (NCIS, NYPD, CSI etc), and whilst I enjoyed those, I absolutely love 'The Inside'. It has everything one would hope for in a series: a thriller of a plot, twists, character development, the occasional (dark) humour and an overarching theme. Often it would take some episodes for me to be convinced to follow a series, but it took just that one episode 'Lonliest Number' to shock me into recognising another great series on the rise. I was already wondering then why such a hit was being shown near midnight when totally innane shows like 'Cops' and 'So you think you can dance' is given primetime screening. Seriously, that is more than enough for one to think once again about why these executives are being paid big bucks for? I've read some 'reviewers' dimiss the original 'The Inside' screening as 'just another CSI-wannabe'. They've never been more wrong! 'The Inside' is in a league of its own, and in my honest opinion, of far better quality than other crime 'flicks'. Even the recent season of NCIS is losing its touch. Even the much publicised 'Bones' is no match with 'The Inside'. And yet, despite the considerable fan support and favourable reviews of 'The Inside', and despite its very own merit, FOX failed to see its brilliance and not only failed to publicise the show, but also delegated it to an obscure timeslot in its first release in the States. Now, it's almost been two years since its screening, and still we do not have a DVD release for 'The Inside'. When will FOX wake up? When will they realise they have a show that is comparable to the venerable 'House', and in so many ways promises to be even better! Please BRING 'The Inside' BACK!moreless

One of the best series around and they cancel it!!!

By ayciro, Nov 25, 2006

Loved this show, it had great potential.

Why quit a show that is great while other shows that are far less still exist.

Till this show I thought Without a Trace was the best, but this series has everything.

It is the best mix of all the series I like(d).

The cast is great and they work well together, that shows in their performance.

Mr Coyote is great as the boss with much to hide.

Miss Nichols also gives a great performance and you see her growing with every episode.

Adam Baldwin is in my opinion the best actor of all the Baldwin's I was glad to see him in such a strong role

Please please FOX give it another change, that would make you my hero.moreless

Load More Reviews