The IT Crowd

Show Reviews (37)

Great

Another British Great!!!

By kikkapi, Aug 19, 2014

This show is brilliant!! As they would say in the UK. The cast is a quirky ensemble whose chemistry never stops igniting. If you want to check out complete and utter comedy watch the episode where Jen goes to the theater with a man who she thinks is gay. The schematics that Roy and Moss get into will make to you laugh until your stomach hurts. I have heard that they are making an American version of this I've seen the cast right here on IMDb and it pains me to say it. The American cast appear to be a clich and too cute to work in IT. That is one of the things I love about the show is Jen's natural beauty. Her individuality is what makes that character special. When you throw a 100 pound blonde hair blue eyed actress in my screen and start calling her Jen it just doesn't work.

moreless

Just Sorry I found it too late........ Hilarious!

By RSFProgrammer, Sep 15, 2013

I'm a programmer so this really hits home.

(although technologically it QUITE old).

It's like a live action Dilbert strip with a marvelous Irish accent!

A half-decent show about two IT techs whose lives are disrupted by new tech Jenn, who just happens to know nothing about computers... except how to email.

By Paul_is_Gay, Jun 26, 2011

All the promos made this look like the next big thing, in fact they were more hilarious than the actual show itself. The first and second episodes (run as a double bill on C4) were quite decent but nowhere near as good as it was made out to be. I'm still with the show, though, so it can't be that bad.

I find myself continually wondering whether the actors are being intentionally unfunny, or just happen to lack any decent acting abilities. I am being unfair I know, but I cannot help it - they just are not all that talented. Yet. The potential is there, and the fact that the show has rather decent writers (or writer) has kept it in my personal planner, where it will remain until it finishes up its run. I'll be mildly surprised if this gets as a second series, but we will see.

Hmm. I am mildly surprised. C4 has commisioned a second series to air later in the year. Hopefully it'll come back with some confidence and better storylines and writers.moreless

From the man behind Father Ted and Black Books comes a show not as good as either. This show is still highly watchable however, and if you haven't seen either of it's predecessors, you'll just love it.

By untouchable57, Jun 26, 2011

Written by Irish genius Graham Lineham who's past credits include Father Ted & Black Books, The IT Crowd is a story of two geeks and a girl. But wait, come back, it's not a rom-com!

Roy and Moss are two employees of Reynholm Industries, a place of high towers, young go-getters and executive meetings. But there's one thing: that's not them at all, and single handedly being the IT Department they're located down in the basement, away from all the beautiful people and the light. In the first episode we're introduced to Jen, who for the rest of the season (and beyond?) will be their supervisor, albeit, one that doesn't know anything at all about computers.

Jokes are silly, violence is random and the whole experience is counter-productive, but believe me, that's some of the best things about this quick-fire 20 minute show. The past credits of the writer show frequently, and unfortunately the show isn't as good as either of the above mentioned, but regardless this is easy, fun, lighthearted viewing, that's perfect for a Friday night!moreless

The first episode of series two was amazing...

By stephenage, Jun 26, 2011

The first episode of series two was amazing but the series really went downhill from then. Although it remained funny, well midly funny, the first episode set such a high standard that the rest of the series felt so bland. I was really glad to see Matt Berry, a man who can make any series hilarious and he nearly managed it. There was nothing wrong with the show, Moss was brilliant although Ayoade is better in Boosh and Darkplace but the first episode was too good and I had such high expectations. If the first episode had been the last I think the series would have been brilliant however. But the best point of the series was seeing Noel Fielding as a main character I can't resist anything with him in!moreless

One of the best sitcoms of the 21st Century

By TVmania619, Dec 16, 2010

This wonderful sitcom is based in the IT department, based in the basement of Reynholm Industries. Here are the workers Roy, a kind-hearted Irish technician, who is always asking people when their computers break "Have you tried turning it off and on again?". There is also Moss, a socially awkward person who is very faint hearted and the true geek of the IT deparment. On the other end of the spectrum is Jen, the boss of Moss and Roy who ironically knows nothing about computers, and in one classic episode she says at a meeting "If you type Google into Google, you will break the Internet. So don't do it, even as a joke".

If you want to see flammable bras, an awkward dinner party or Roy being mistaken by a window cleaner by his high flying best friend, then this series is for you!moreless

Liked Father Ted? Liked Black Books? You'll like this too!

By Ketisfolk, Dec 13, 2010

If you liked Father Ted or Black Books, then check this out, because it's much in the same vein (not surprising seeings as they were all created by Graham Linehan). I loved the first two, so when I saw a new Linehan comedy was coming on I figured I should check it out, and it definately didn't disappoint. Although I had never heard of any of the actors in The I.T. Crowd before, they are all pretty fantastic, especially Richard A. as Moss. No wonder they can't someone else for that role in America. I think that perhaps the mention of I.T. stuff can alienate the non-techy, for instance my mum hasn't watched it. I should try it on her and see what she thinks. I'm quite well versed in i.t. so I tend to get those jokes, although like most GL comedy, it's more about socially inept characters trying to deal with 'normal' social situations, and generally failing, which is what makes it funny. My favourite episodes are the one where they went to see Gay the musical and the one where Moss creates that bra, because I sympathise with the pain Jen felt from her old one. I now own series 1 to 3 on DVD such is my love for this.moreless

I must admit that it was with shocking surprise that I hadn't heard about what is the best show I've seen this year. I laughed with joy seeing "The IT crowd" as "The Office" seen from the IT support point of view.

By Backers, Sep 23, 2010

It is on rare occasions I come by these kind of TV-shows. Last time was Coupling. This show; a mix of the dry humour from "The Office" and the the stupid perverse humour of "Coupling" is a wonderful coctail that most people working in an office environment will recognize. The support side of the IT support team is take IT support on the grain and you will grin and laugh as you recognize many similar responses in ordinary office environments.

The two nerds, one that knows that people really are stupider than you would ever dream of is standardly answering the phone "Have you tried turning it on and off" and the other geek that has no clue about how stupid people really are goes into deep technical answers that is way beyond mortal mens capacity to understand, gets a new female boss that has no clues about computers what so ever. This leads to one hillarious incident after the other.

This is a MUST SEE for everyone that works in an office!!!moreless

Why can't American TV be this amazing?

By dandywarhols, Sep 23, 2010

I don't have the luck to view this show at all, so I have to deal with the fact that I get to see episodes on my friend's computer or when he buys the season 1 dvd. A show like this reminds me very much of shows like the Office and the comic strip Dilbert. I love the idea of a comedy based on the everyday problems of the IT support staff.

I personally have never had to deal with the absurdity of working in IT, but have had the pleasure of hearing horror stories from multiple friends, and my mother who used to work for IBM's IT staff.

Like most British sitcoms some jokes I don't understand but the brilliance of this show surpasses so much of what is on American tv now. With the great writing and characters in this show, I wouldn't be suprised if it were to gain the popularity that the Office had and be brought over to America for an American version. Hopefully this show will have a longer life than other British shows I have fallen in love with.moreless

Load More Reviews