Watch the First Full Trailer for Damon Lindelof's The Leftovers (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Apr 28, 2014

One of this summer's most anticipated TV series is Damon Lindelof's The Leftovers, HBO's mysterious sorta-sci-fi show about the people left behind on Earth after all the good ones are whisked away by what appears to be the Rapture. Based on the Tom Perrotta novel of the same name, The Leftovers looks like it's filled with despair, cursing, and extreme love-making. Have a look:

I mean WOW, "A New Dramatic Series" is right, with "dramatic" being the key word. I could see this show being a sharp look at loss and sin, but I could just as easily see it being an overwrought mess that lacks direction and coherency, building up around a central mystery and then spiraling out of control (like one of Lindelof's other shows). However, I'm going to remain optimistic and hope for the former because I can't wait to see how this turns out. 

Among The Leftovers' cast are Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Liv Tyler, Charlie and Max Carver, and Chris Zylka. The series will premiere Sunday, June 29 at 10pm, two weeks later than HBO initially planned, due to a recent break in production. 

Does The Leftovers look good to you?

• Comments (35)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • judithkoning33 May 31, 2014

Looks exciting enough to me, but knowing that Lindelof is involved makes me hesitate to give it a go. Still upset about the Lost bulshit ending :/

• No1Slayerette Apr 29, 2014

The earlier trailers did nothing for me, and now I'm sort of at the point were I'm at peace that this isn't the post-apocalyptic series I once thought it was going to be back when I first read the log-line. This one got me a little bit more excited, but I still have no idea what to expect from the show.

• MichelleHood24 Apr 29, 2014

WOW looks interesting definatly worth a look

• DesertWolf Apr 29, 2014

it remind me of the 4400, i hope this one will be much better than the 4400, i am looking forward to see it.....

• Mate Apr 29, 2014

It reminds me of The Happening but this kind of looks good and doesn't have Marky mark or Zooey, I am only hear because of my bangs, Deschannel in it.

• Sam20 Apr 29, 2014

God that was an awful movie. It also reminds me of those even more dreadful Left Behind movies starring that fucking zealot/awful actor Kirk Cameron. Basically, it reminds me a lot of bad things, but this could still be good.

• Mate Apr 29, 2014

I can't say I have ever seen anything Kirk Cameron was in. Even before he was a zealot. Yay me. But is this the trend, are there not other shows where the main premise is a significant portion of the population suddenly disappears. I think one of the amazon pilots had a similar premise and another one that I can't think of right now.

• Tunacarlos Apr 29, 2014

I was looking forward to this show but the trailer turned me off a little bit. Will probably still watch the premiere.

• jerlouvis Apr 28, 2014

I'm going to give it a shot.

• ehfaz619 Apr 28, 2014

I am so tired of concepts:
    Suddenly people disappears
    Suddenly people re-appears
    Suddenly that lights goes off all over the world
    Suddenly all the people of the worlds blackouts.

They are all so very similar. WTH!

• No1Slayerette Apr 29, 2014

I'm pretty sure every television series has to have a concept in order to be made.

• ehfaz619 May 04, 2014

Of course they do, that was not my point. My point is there are so many shows with SIMILAR concepts, theres hardly anything new lately.

• Marburg66 Apr 28, 2014

The trailer hasn't changed my plan. It's worth a look at the 1st episode & depending on if that episode can entertain me, compel me, or both...only then will I be willing to watch another

• Svanehjerte Apr 28, 2014

It sounded like a good idea on paper, but then the trailer looks horrible. HBO = the channel where normal sex scenes are passé and only orgies and other perverted forms of sex is good enough... It's pathetic, and all the characters looked tragic... I can't stand these negative and sad, miserable characters anymore. I am so sick of shows where everyone's an unlikable asshole. PASS!

• See More Comments (11)