CBS Renews The Mentalist, Cancels The Crazy Ones, Intelligence, Bad Teacher, and Two More

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 10, 2014

We're sure Patrick Jane saw this coming, but we didn't! CBS has renewed The Mentalist for Season 7, according to The Hollywood Reporter

There's been plenty of speculation about the series' future since it wrapped up its seasons-long Red John mystery earlier this year. When it wasn't included in the network's big batch of renewals announced in March, we started to think that maybe this was the end for the Simon Baker series. Rumors were swirling about the show being shopped to other networks, but it looks like CBS just isn't ready to part with it just yet. 

Unfortunately, that's not the case for several other seriesThe network has canceled dramas Intelligence and Hostages, as well as freshman comedies Bad TeacherFriends With Better Lives, and The Crazy Ones

Their spots on CBS's schedule will be divided amongst all the new series the network ordered on Friday, which include NCIS and CSI spin-offs, Matthew Perry's Odd Couple remake, and more.

Are you excited for The Mentalist, or were you ready to say goodbye? Bummed about any of the other shows? Indifferent all around? 

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

• Comments (149)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • haldrey Aug 29, 2014

In May I was glad that it was renewed, but still no start date and now I am hearing cancellation rumors again wtf. Cancelling The Mentalist will be a big mistake.

• DaniellePaque Sep 02, 2014

Seriously, I was wonering what was going on since I didnt see it on the list of premieres...I look forward to this show!

• johnnyfraser52 Jul 22, 2014

Help! - i watched a pilot a few months back and totally forgot the name of it, but i remember it being pretty damn good yet i heard its cancelled already. It was something like, half a dozen people end up locked in an underground parking garage and when they finally emerge hours later there has been an "attack" of sorts on the city, they end up stealing a van and drive to one of the old ladies houses, where they discover they share the same birthdate? and at the end of the episode im sure some sort of alien makes an appearence. - im not even sure what network it was on

• DarshanRao Jul 24, 2014

ru talking about The After. Its not cancelled i think. Its for Netflix i think.

• TVanimal Jul 15, 2014

I wil miss Intelligence (for its potential as much as anything else) but the Mentalist renewal has me very happy. I love the difference it has with other police procedurals and the ways Patrick Jane can mess with people are often very funny. Bring back the Walter Mashburne character again and i'll be a happy man.

• DaniellePaque Sep 02, 2014

I think intelligence had great potential and was sad they canceled it.

• Bareclawsmadam2820 May 25, 2014

I am elated to see the Mentalist renewed!!!!!! can hardly wait for the new season and hopefully many more seasons. just love all the characters! want to see where Jane & Lisbon go from here; delightfully funny and romantic I hope!

• chaladachoi May 22, 2014

Thank You so much

• shaherodeh May 19, 2014

i love this show i hope more 7,8,9,10

• anto31100 May 16, 2014

So glad with this renewal...although disappointed for Intelligence cancellation.

• IvanChin1 May 13, 2014

i love this show, i want to scream when i find it is renewed. Hope the writer can bring more interesting story to us don't waste Simon, such a good actor.

• RebeccaDemers May 13, 2014

I really like the Mentalist. In fact I almost like this season better than the earlier ones. It is not as dark and feels like a nice transition from Hunting Red John to life after it. I wouldn't mind if next season is the last though...I just want it done right.

• tvguy007 May 13, 2014

Why don't Crazy ones and Intelligence show up on your master list of what's renewed, what's canceled, and what's still in between?

• See More Comments (103)