The Middleman

Show Reviews (22)

Great

Wendy Watson is a "Temp Jobber" is recruited by "Middle HQ" to be trained in becoming the Next "Middle Man", With help from the current Middle Man and Sensei Ping's unorthodox training and endless list of life lessions" Does "Dubby" have what it takes?

By SyNNeR6x3, Jan 10, 2009

This show is great from the cheesy one-liners, to the old school 1950s 'esque "aliens and monster" fight scenes. Hell they even had Kevin Sorbo guest star... and who doesn't love the seemingly endless supply of life lesson's taught to us by Sensei Ping :) I just wish that (if/when) They bring the show back that they focus more on the "relationship" between Wendy and The Middleman. I like their chemistry (not romantically) just as actors. All in all this is a very fun show and it's sad that is was buried amongst all the mediocre "Cop , Lawyer, CSI" shows and never really given much of a chance to shine...You just have to love Cheesy Comedies... I know I do :). It is a great show and I really hope they bring it back!moreless

Well what can I say...

By Jooj, Oct 31, 2008

... about a show that's some crazy mix of the old, campy Batman TV Series, Scrubs, Red Dwarf, Men in Black, The Avengers (yay for black leather cat suits!), Ghost Busters and Austin Powers?

"It makes me laugh"? My only complaint is that it's a little too rapid fire, sometimes you don't want to laugh because you might miss the next joke, stressful watching! ;-)

Meh and it can be a bit 'girlie' at times but otherwise it's fine, especially once they got going after some so so early episodes. Worth watching and let's hope it's back soon.

100 words? Well that's a bind. Hold on I'm at 107 now! OK I'll stop at 113.moreless

Hands down the best-written comedy on TV, and hands down my favorite.

By PutU2REM, Oct 23, 2008

It's a simple, horrid fact that anything more complicated than a fart joke strains the average American's brain, so I understand why "The Middelman" isn't dominating the ratings.

But come on, people! It should still be a hit. It doesn't take an encyclopedic knowledge of superhero comics to laugh at "the Middlemobile", a lifetime of hardcore gaming to giggle at "Gutwrencher 3", or a political science degree to snicker at the paint-splashing antics of Wendy's PETA-activist roommate.

And how big a rock do you have to be living under to miss the humor in a boy band intent on world destruction and intergalactic domination?

So if you haven't seen it, try it. If you try it and don't like it, watch it again. It won't take long for it to "click," and the laughing you do once it does are more than worth that minimal effort. Trust me.moreless

Summarizing this show isn't the way to give it credit. The Middleman is a scifi/comedy about a girl named Dubbie who is recruited by "The Middleman" to work for a secret organization keeping the average joe from knowing about extra terrestial threats.

By mplsbill, Oct 14, 2008

I love the middleman! This show is quirky, hokey, and little bit scifi, as well as a little bit comedy. I enjoy the characters, I enjoy the premise, and I enjoy a clever show [again, even if it's a bit quirky]. I hope they fine tune it and make it a bit more coherrant so it has a chance of lasting, look at Kyle XY! ABC family is showing it has a flare for family friendly scifi [which is a good thing] I only wish they could devote a little late night time for some not so family friendly scifi! I was shocked to find a show like this one and Kyle XY. I like Middlemanmoreless

From episode 1, when Wendy meets The Middleman and Ida to join the fight to same humanity, to the season finale when she is pulled into a parallel universe; she and her friends charm us with their humanity. No challenge is too great for friendship.

By fallison, Sep 16, 2008

This show offers an intelligent send up of all action TV. What makes it wonderful is that there is no blood and gore. The characters are comic book people come to life with personalities. They are real without four letter words. Love and friendship count for something. The plot lines don't matter because the solutions are from "out of space and time." This is "Get Smart" "007" "Startrek" rolled up into a good laugh. Everyone in the cast seems to be having a ball. Clearly the people who think up the gadgets must be having a hoot. Keep it coming.moreless

Funny, Appealing to both kids & Adults, something for the whole family.

By tharev, Sep 02, 2008

I've read many other comments for this show and my thoughts seem to echo the current majority. The Middleman is a funny, witty comedy full of side jokes and pop references that delivers a refreshing change from the stale, unrealistic "reality" shows that dominate today's programming. I look forward to each episode like a kid waiting for the Ice cream man of bygone ages.. The mere mention of canceling this show already just makes me hang my head in sorrow at the current state of what networks pander to deliver in their efforts of bringing us quality TV. May the Middleman and Dubbie be around for years to come!!moreless

Campy, Sexy, Cool!

By vcp9109, Sep 01, 2008

This is a must see for any fan who misses the "Campiness" of Sci-Fi / Fantasy.

I find it absolutely amazing that this is a show primarily directed towards our youth! Some of the references are funny as He_ _! "The Story of "O" " reference was hilarious! I am way too old for this show but it's SO MUCH FUN!!!!

The characters are full of little quirky idioms.It's like opening Christmas presents each week! Hey, that's Kevin Sorbo or WOW! That's Mark Dacascos (hope I spelled that right)!

The Middleman makes me miss Jake 2.0 and Firefly even more! I sincerely hope this show gets the respect it deserves.moreless

Clever and campy - I can't believe they want to cancel this show.

By slraven, Aug 28, 2008

I was mildly curious when the commercials for this summer season filler show started airing, but I gave it a try, and found it to be addicting. It is campy and never takes itself seriously, and that is a great deal of its attraction. The characters are interesting, even the minor ones, and the writing is clever. The over-the-top dialogue is a big part of the humor, and if you pay attention there are all sorts of side jokes in there. For instance, an episode featuring reports of a ghost in a sorority house on Ray Parker Jr. Avenue. I look forward to watching this show every week, and if the rumors are true that it is not being renewed I'll be very disappointed. Like so many good shows that have not been renewed (Moonlight, anyone?) and replaced with substandard drek, I am feeling like the industry is pandering to the lowest common denominator and all the good shows are being weeded out and replaced with bad acting, bad writing, and Reality-du-jour. The Middleman is one of the better shows on television right now, as far as its capacity to just plain entertain me and make me laugh, and I would recommend it to everyone seeking some clever humor to lighten up their week.moreless

Fun show. Constant references to past sci-fi and spy shows. Reminicent of Get Smart and Avengers. Despite the fact that it is on Family Channel, there are often sexual references and mild language.

By tabingam, Aug 27, 2008

Fun show. Decent special effects for a cable comedy series. Matt Keesler seems made for his part as a milk guzzling, boy scout type hero.

Full of constant references to sci-fi and spy shows of the past. It makes for a fun game to try and pick up on these references and match them to their source. Reminicent of Get Smart, Avengers, and X-Files.

Despite the fact that it is on Family Channel, there are often sexual references and mild language. My kids like to watch it with me, but, I find I sometimes need to skip certain parts when they are around.moreless

Very Funny. Once I got into it, It grew on me.

By stallywood, Aug 26, 2008

I didnt know what to think the first time I watched it. I thought it was a little different. But once I got into it and appreciated it for what it is.... A funny show, I started to like it. I Have to admit, the first time I saw it, I thought that it was a little over the top. But as I have noted, first impressions are not always the right ones. I gave it a chance, and just watched it with an open mind. It is a lot better than I at first thought, and very innovative in the way they present a lot of the comedy.moreless

Load More Reviews