The Nanny

Show Reviews (94)

Great

A pick up me up for the end of your day.

By T_VFan, Apr 30, 2012

Always an uplifting attitude and fashionable figure.

Best sitcom of the 90's.

By becksdakex, Sep 03, 2011

I have watched this show so many times over the years and it still makes me laugh out loud. All of the characters are so funny and the actors are simply brilliant. Fran Drescher did an amazinf job in creating, writing and acting on this show, she is the 90's Tina Fey!

I recentlyrecommended my teenage sister to watch it and she loved it as much as I do. We always quote stuff from the show and laugh about the funniest scenes.

I like Seinfeld but I love The Nanny.moreless

Not the best sitcom I've ever seen but it can be very funny at times and it isn't a bad show at all

By tigerdude22, Aug 20, 2011

At first when I saw the promo for this show on Nick@Nite, I thought that it was going to be dumb and I was worried that I would waste my time watching it. It was actually better than I expected... I mean.. it's not the best sitcom that I've ever seen but it isn't the worst sitcom I've ever seen. I get really bored watching this show after all and sometimes just have to go a few weeks without watching this show because it becomes dull to watch after a while. Although, there are times where this show can have hilarious episodes that make me laugh so hard. Fran Drescher is a very pretty actress but I just can't stand her character Fran Fine's laugh... it is just so annoying. Fran Fine also gets annoying when she overacts to the littlest things and always says "Oh Mr. Sheffield"... probably the reason why I have to take a break from this show sometimes. The most hilarious character out of this whole show are Grandma Yetta and Niles the Butler... both of those characters just know how to make me laugh. My least favorite character in this show is C.C. because she is so mean to Fran and I wished that Fran would get revenge on C.C. instead of letting get her way. Overall, this isn't my favorite sitcom that I have ever seen and it can get pretty dull to watch after a while but there are times when this show can be gosh darn hilarious and that's OK with me. 7.5/10moreless

Bad Theme.

By woahwoah678, May 03, 2011

Who can not forget that this show has a bad theme song?It's kind of funny to me,but it's not better than Family Matters.Well,it's kind of better than Home Improvement or Reba.I watched this show for a little bit and it was kind of funny when I saw it on Nick At Nite.It was a bit kind of harsh and a bit kind of fine.This show is kind of a good show,but it's just that it's not even perfect or bad.I would really grade this show a very big C because I didn't even like this show,but it's kind of good.moreless

when a cosmetic saleswoman went knocking on the sheffields door the last thing she or they expected was to become the nanny, and for that matter a part of the dysfunctional and hysterical family recently torn apart by the death of their mother.

By liny410, Dec 05, 2010

i think this show is absolutely hysterical, it makes me laugh every time i watch it! while her voice can be irritating i think that is part of its allure. the sexual tension between fran and max is undeniable and unavoidable apparently. niles and cc's clever exchanges back and forth are guarenteed to make you laugh. i for one wish that this shows had continued a little bit longer, i dont think the marriage of the lead characters killed the show but it definately changed the plot line. it is one of those shows that i look forward to watching every night when the reruns play on nick at night, just for a good laugh.moreless

One of my favourite shows in the 1990's.

By piccolomaster, Aug 06, 2010

The Nanny ran from 1993 to 1999. It could have ran longer but 6 seasons is plenty. I love this hillarious show. I am impressed by all the characters in this show. Here is the list of characters I have grown to love, laugh and care about: 1. Fran Fine

2. Maxwell Sheffield

7. C.C. (Chastity Claire) Babcock

8. Val Toriello

9. Sylvia Fine

10. Yetta Rosenberg

I love each character in every way imaginable. My personal favourites are Fran, Niles, Val and Gracie.

The first 3 seasons I have on DVD and thankful for that. Thank you Sony. I need to have seasons 4-6 on DVD. Please!!!

The relationship between Fran and Maxwell is one of the best things about this show. Starts as a business relationship which then goes into friendship then eventually marriage.

There are other relationships which work beautifully too including: Niles and C.C., Brighton and Maggie, Val and Fran, Fran and Gracie etc.

I love Fran's voice. Very annoying to some but absolutely charming to others (including me).moreless

fran came into the sheffeilds home changing it for life. it used to be a depressing, sad, and quiet house until fran moved in. she changed it. by the first week she was there it was a loud, happy :), romantic, and fun house to live in.

By LilliTillman, May 24, 2010

i love this show. all the character where amazing but the adults where the best. they where all so uniqe. c.c. the mean, uptight, annd horrible buissness woman was just a perfect touch to fit in niles so he could fool around with her. which brings in the butler and the nanny. which brings in fran. fran brings in maxwell who brings in the children. but fran also brought in 2 other main characters. yetta and sylvia. they where the funniest and the best actors because yhetta had to change her look so much. but the funniest thing was all this tall hair! hahahah i love the nanny!moreless

God that woman was annoying!

By ozziefan, Apr 22, 2010

I simply couldn't stand this show! The reson starts and ends with Fran Drescher! Her character must be one of the most annoying ones of television. That voice was extremely nasal and after watching you had it stuck in your head for days. Its like a virus!

The only positive I could find from the show was the Butler, Niles. At times he just looked embarressed to be next to Fran, but he was the only one who ever make any comments that were remotely funny.

The writers also played on the Jewish thing a little too much! The accents and certain Jewish catchphrases were used too often as jokes.

Ok I'm not Jewish so I could have missed the whole punchline, but apart from the butler this just seemed like a one joke show!moreless

the nanny is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so cooooooooooooooooollllll.of course laure lane is the best best couple is niles and c.c.

By laurenlane, Apr 22, 2010

the nanny is awesome i love it.c.c. is awesome but i love everyone else.lol.it is so so so so so cool.my fave is the finales the green card and the fifth whell.what\\\'s yours?i really love it but i think you get the idea.lol.so who is your fave person?i guess you know mine now.lol.sorry it is just really cool.

Load More Reviews