NBC Renews The Night Shift for Season 2

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jul 01, 2014

The cast of The Night Shift better be getting paid overtime, because NBC just announced it has renewed the series for Season 2, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Co-creator Gabe Sachs first broke the news on Twitter Tuesday morning before eventually deleting his tweet.

The Night Shift was originally slated for a midseason debut, but NBC pushed it back to the less competitive summer schedule, and it looks like the move paid off. The series, which follows the men and women who work the overnight shift in the emergency room of San Antonio Memorial Hospital, has averaged 6.7 million viewers and a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic since its premiere on May 27. Airing in the prime post-America's Got Talent timeslot, the series will wrap up its first season on July 15.

Are you excited to experience more drama on The Night Shift?

• Comments (20)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • zarkon72 Oct 23, 2014

Nice, kept my attention all through season 1

• jerolyncallaway Jul 17, 2014

I love this show keep up the great job.

• marybennett94617 Jul 17, 2014

Yeah, I love this show.

• SusanWolthuis Jul 16, 2014

YAHOO!! Love watching this show!! Congrats!! :)

• AdaHui Jul 13, 2014

Yay, I so enjoy this show! Glad to see them back again

• RebeccaVeight Jul 02, 2014

Really great show, so so happy. Let's make next season more than 8 episodes though.

• pakidiva4life Jul 01, 2014

YUP! Will be there for season 2! Love me some TC!!!!

• RebeccaVeight Jul 02, 2014

Eoin (I wonder how you pronounce that) Macken our Sir Gwaine of Merlin is AWESOME

• AdaHui Jul 13, 2014

I agree, I wasn't sure how I'd like it having loved him as Gwaine but he does TC so well!

• ReeNee3120 Jul 02, 2014

it's pronounced "Owen". he was born and raised in Dublin, Youtube his interviews, it makes the American accent he uses for the show seem all the more impressive.

• ReeNee3120 Jul 02, 2014

This comment has been removed.

• MichelleHood24 Jul 01, 2014

:) I really love this show and I took the risk and to invested so I'm thrilled

• shocker713 Jul 01, 2014

This is an adaptation of the stellar 80s comedy starring Henry Winkler and Michael Keaton as pimps/morticians, right?

• Shauna29 Oct 11, 2014

if only

• MarlboroMagpi Jul 01, 2014

I think it is an average show and I like most of the cast. I am not sure if I will watch season two. It depends on what is on next summer.

If it were on during regular TV season, I doubt I will have time to watch it. Other shows will get priority.

• See More Comments (5)