The Chrismukk-huh?

Episode Reviews (65)

Superb

Ryan and Taylor have an accident and go into a light coma. Both wake up in an alternative world where nobody knows them except each other and they find out they have a mission to achieve to re-unite the couples of The OC.

By danbambridge, Jan 11, 2013

I was actually quite surprised with this episode as I usually groan at these sort of episodes as they don't add anything to the storyline as everything goes back to how it started at the end of the episode.

This episode though, added something to the series because it gave us bits and pieces of the real world to keep us interested. Don't get me wrong though because the rest of the episode was a class above all other 'dream' style episodes from other shows.

In my opinion there were plenty of shocks (although not really happening) with the people that appeared (and didn't) and who they were with. According to Sandy it all went wrong when Marissa died (who we find out died three years earlier when Ryan wasn't around) and they went their seperate ways. This was obviously mentioned as the episode was about Ryan finally moving on properly and starting a new life, possibly with Taylor. It did strike me as odd though that all the couples in this episode are the same people just swapped around. I mean what are the chances of them getting divorced and just swapping husbands?

Enough about the people who were in it and more about the people who weren't. When Ryan went to the airport I was almost certain that it wouldn't be Mischa but I wasn't a 100%. I was slightly disappointed because she could have come in for this episode and still not be tied down to the show (as she is dead, obviously!). I also thought that we might see an appearance from Caleb who also died but no such luck.

All in all though it wasn't a necessary episode but was more than enjoyable all the same.moreless

Before this episode, I was totally fine with Taylor.

By Jamileigh, Feb 05, 2011

I want Marissa back! This ep. was such a tearjerker, especially when Ryan walks on the beach: That was Marissas spot. Taylor and Ryan are so mismatched and wrong for each other. Granted, I used to think Marissa was an idiot, but this show is nothing without her and it pains me to even think that this was the official "Goodbye Marissa" episode.

One thing I didn't get was if Marissa dies in TJ, than she would have had to seen Luke cheating, so why would Summer be friends with Holly, especially if she was partly the cause of her bestfrieds death? Another thing, the writers need to stop changing around Kaitlyns age - WAY too confusing!

I loved the Alt-Summer though - Hilarious!moreless

Best Chrismukkah ever...

By Weezely, Jan 11, 2011

So i was incredibly concerned about The O.C. last season, but the last few episodes, and tonight\'s especially, is why I love this show. It has both drama and humour, and the story line FINALLY doesn\'t revolve around all of Marissa\'s problems. While it isn\'t the most original idea ever, they put an O.C spin on it, that made it a classic O.C. episode!

not as bad as it looked, but thats not saying much

By nomorsox5, Jan 11, 2011

so Marissa's death made Sandy & Kirsten's marriage fall apart and they each ended up with Julie & Jimmy respectivly, right.....makes perfect sense. Oh yeah and Kaitlin managed to get into college at what, 15? 16? I know the show looks to be doing pretty well when you check the ratings on this site because the standard procedure seems to be "Watch 20 minutes of it and immediatly give it a 9-10 rating" but unfortunately for the ultimate fate of the show, that of Nielsen ratings and critics that don't work for FOX, TV Guide or US Weekly, who have given the show basically 3 good episodes out of 7, they only get 16 this season (barring some miraculous turn in the ratings) so look for the series to slowly gravitate towards tying everything up. Its obvious watching the show that Josh doesn't plan on writing a season 5.moreless

Not my favourite episode this season, Seasong started off real well.

By Mizz_afrikano, Jan 11, 2011

I can't say that i liked the idea of Ryan and Taylor stuck in a parallel universe and seth talking about it like its something that happens everyday.

i also don't like the idea of Ryan saying goodbye to marissa while he is unconsciuos, couldn't he atleast be awake when doing that?

Not a good episode.

By xxpinkdreamzzxx, Jan 11, 2011

I usually looove the Chrismukkuh episodes! Normally they are wonderful! However, I feel that Season four's Chrismukkah episode did not measure up too well. I did not understand the whole premise... alternate universe?? Taylor was kind of annoying in this episode and I have actually grown to like her in every other episode. I did enjoy her talking back to her mother in the alternate universe though. I also thought that it was not a very classy way of saying a "final farewell" to Marissa. She was one of my main reasons of watching The OC for the first 3 seasons and I thought without her the show would be nothing, but I was wrong... it's still great!! However, I feel this episode gave her no justice and a proper goodbye should be done!moreless

One of the best Christmukkah episodes!

By -amanda-, Jan 03, 2011

What a weird paralel universe!

Sandy and Julie dont match at all!! Summer is so futil, and who would say she'd marry Che!

Che is worst then Luke! I love Taylor! She is so funny! And a crazy too!

Seth is so cute! He looks like a little child! (I hate my life, I hate my life! ahahah)

Ryan gets less melodramatic from this episode on (I have already finished watching The OC, but sometimes I re-watch my favorite episodes!

It's good to see that Taylor confronted her mom! But it's weird in the other universe she is a man! ahahhaah

I love The OC and specially season 4 (and I know a lot of people don't agree wiht me!!)moreless

As always, a great episode, expected any less?

By ZaleIsBackAgain, Mar 20, 2010

An unexpected and exciting twist that was spun in the direction of this episode. An alternate universe episode? Sounds like something that Seth Cohen would handle, and you know what? It was creative, funny, and really moved the story forward. Seeing how everything is if Ryan never showed up really shows how far the show has come; it's already been three years! It's also really hilarious; Seth Cohen in particular goes back to his dorky ways, which was what made him super hilarious in the first season, and his screaming I hate my life constantly at his pillow was truly laugh out loud worthy. Most importantly though what the episode accomplished is, hopefully, moving on from Marissa's death once and for all, and it did such an awesome job of accomplishing that too.moreless

Time to say goodbye.

It's about time the writers started playing a bit around with the episodes plots!

By CalSurf4Life, Jul 23, 2008

I personally really don't like marissa being killed off the show. I was really upset about it because the oc is my favorite show right now, but with this episode it somewhat helped me get over it (hey and it also helped ryan!)

I was wondering when they would be bringing up Marissa again. I knew that she wouldn't have even shown up in the alt universe (mostly because i looked on wikipedia on all the character's info a couple of times and nothing mentioned her returning after her death on season 3)

It would have been nice to have had her in at least this episode. They could have said farewell face to face. that would have been amazing. But since mischa was apparently forced off the show she might not even have wanted to come back? who knows. Anyway back to reviewing:

The actors did a fantastic job fulfilling their character's "alt reality" life. It reminded me about how (before rachel bilson was on the star cast list)she was really spoiled and somewhat of a dimwit. Ben did an amazing job (as always)he defiantly didn't forget the expression he makes when the topic of marissa comes up (for example if she's in trouble). The part at the diner was defiantly a favorite.

I hope the next episodes are just as good as this one. Also that i have truly accepted that taylor is ryan's new lover. It's time to move on!moreless

When Taylor and Ryan fall off the roof, they are thrown into an alternate world. The relationships they had and knew are all jumbled and no one is like who they were before. Ryan and Taylor try to find a way back to their own world.

By workkitveronica, May 10, 2008

This is one of my favorite OC episodes ever. I just loved how they portrayed everyone in the exact opposite of what they really are. Summer was hilarious as a dumb rich girl. I laso loved seeing the trust between Ryan and Taylor grow. they are great for each other ! I liked how they teased you into thinking Marrissa was alive. When the episode originally aired, i didn`t believe for a second Marrissa was really alive. sorry fox. no fooling me. but i think they fooled a few people. once again, one of my favorite episodes ever. i loved it.moreless

Load More Reviews