The Safe Harbor

Episode Reviews (17)

One of the best Episode of Season 3. It was a damn season, and this is the middle episode. The Conclusion, and the start ot other problems.

By charleyparker, Oct 22, 2011

Summer & the gang wanted back Marissa at Harbor. Taylor's is one of the best character (story plot) in this episode, she turned out to be one of the best, helping Marissa to get back at Harbor. At first, i think she wouldn't and be the same b*tch but I am so glad that she has changed. A very awesome and unexpected character development.

Johnny was kinda annoying in this episode. Of course he can't let go of Marissa, he said that it's for his & her good but he is making the wrong decisions.

This episode is another great installment, Now that Marissa is back at Harbor i know somethings would go wrong.moreless

this was a good ep

By cube2k8, Jun 12, 2010

in this ep of the show the oc ryan and the others decide to launch a campaine to get her back into harvard and so things begin and they go and talk to dr . kim and she gets them help and the board of trustees are going to hear there case and turns out sandy knows one of the guys that is the head he knows soemthing about his kid and so talors mother was the one that made the pertisition for marrisa to leave there and so talory decides to help anyway and gets a pertition of people that want her back and sandy speaks out and so does ryan and so does summers dad and the effort comes through and she ends up coming back to harvard this was good ep but at first she did not want to leave johney behide but joheny lied about him getting better to make her leave . this was a good epmoreless

Seth,Summer and Ryan attempt to get Marrisa back into harbour, with a little help from Taylor and johnny!

By stewie1423, May 11, 2010

This episode got the oc back to its best. This was great. i hope the rest of the season stays like this. The only reason it didn't get a ten was because of Johnnys presence because i hate him! But he did the right thing lying to her, its for the best. Taylor is getting really good it was nice to see her happy with some friends. hopefully now Marrisa is back in harbour it should stay at a high peak.

I hope so, can't wait for the rest of the season!moreless

By ZaleIsBackAgain, Dec 28, 2009

Although I've never been a fan of court battles stuff, the meeting to allow Marissa Cooper back into Harbor built up so much intensity that it eventually led to an overload of excitement towards the end. So much drama that the episode kept your attention throughout the entire thrill ride, and some new doors open now that Marissa is back in Harbor. The Johnny storyline was sort of dragging itself out for a while now, but it concluded--if it concluded at all--with this episode. Taylor Townsend played a great part in the episode, as well as Sandy. Though what really made this episode such a highly emotional episode is that rather than separate two to four storylines simultaneously like the show has always done, it brings everything together for one huge build up. Just a brilliant episode!moreless

The OC. Episode 11

By stella_lisy, Jun 03, 2007

I wouldn't bet on it but... Yay, Marissa's public school period is finally done. The 'Napoleonic' campaign to get her back to Harbor was entertaining.

Summer's determination was funny but also kind of sweet. I liked Seth's typical expression while he was worrying how many prongs were involved in this operation. LOL

Of course Marissa can't help waiting and nursing Johnny all the way. Well, I just can't stand Johnny's pale and whining face. His behaviour is totally nerve-wracking.

By the way, Ryan has never been such a patient boy. :D

The whole stubborn-and-evil-Judge thing had a predictable ending. As usual, it turns out Sandy is always 'the man who never fails'. If he keeps on like that, he could be saint very soon.

Julie and Summer's father get along pretty well. God save Neil. :D

Finally Taylor stood up to her mom-monster. I guess it was about time Mrs. Iceberg suffered a blow.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Senior photo day was lovely.moreless

By Charmed1408, Jan 27, 2007

A HUGE uplift from the last episode & could even be in my top 5 episodes! Definately in my top 10! This episode intrigued me in SO many ways, LOTS of humor, LOTS of Core Four scenes & NOT too much Johnny! I think the humor was the best part, sooooo much suttle comedy! Seth / Summer / Taylor storyline was just fantastic & I loved the development of Julie & Neil's relationship. The episode was killer from start to end & the only bit that annoyed me was Johnny but he was barely in it so that was just a little problem!moreless

Good episode

By Dammit_Voyeur, Oct 22, 2006

This one was a little suprising for me. Let's start with the beginning, first I never thought I saw Taylor join the reunion to bring Marissa back to school, but with that she showed that she isn't that bad, and it give me more hope that she will finish with Ryan. Second, the Johnny reaction, I never thought that he, loving Marissa, would lie about his situation to make her return to Harbor. But that's the difference between him and guys like Oliver, he wants the best for him, but above that, he wants the best for Marissa. I don't like Johnny, but he gave a good side of him in this episode. Then, there's Marissa. Seriously, if I was Ryan, I just dumped her in this episode. She got the opportunity to come back to Harbor, getting along again with is boyfriend and best friends, and she traded all to stay with a guy that liked her. The guy could have been dying, but her place his alongside Ryan, not Johnny. It just gave me more rage towards her, she isn't the right person for Ryan. The Neil - Julie start of relationship is good too, I think that they have good chemistry between them. And Sandy gave a good sign of his manners, when he didn't used the information that could have bringed the judge down.

In resume, a very good episode, but that's not a surprise, after all, it's the OC... :Dmoreless

I never thouht Marissa would getback to Harbor, but it seems everythings back to normal.

By chazzock, Mar 29, 2006

A good episode and a good outcome, Taylor's mum is very harsh threatening to take Taylor's car and college fund away.

Taylor now thinks she is part of the group which could be extremely annoying in the forseeable future but who knows, she might become a great character.

I can see a romance blossoming between the two parents though.

Great episode. I thought Marissa would never return to Harbor.

By aacuna152, Feb 07, 2006

In this episode we got to see two sides of Johnny. One where he is selfcentered and just wants Marissa to stay with him and one where he realizes he has to make the right decision and that is to let her go.

When Marissa finds out that Johhny won't be able to go to the surf tour, just by the look in her eyes I could see what she was thinking. Staying with him and not returnig to Harbor.

And there goes her knight in shinig armour aka Ryan to save the day. He convinces Johnny to do what's best for her.

Ryan, Seth and Summer wait until the sun sets and for a second one starts to lose hope in Marissa's return. But at the last minute she shows up.moreless

Glad marrissa is back

By funCy88, Jan 19, 2006

I am glad marrissa is back at harbor.

And also that they finally got rid of johny.

They just overdid it on that one.

First with Oliver wich was an ok story line but now they just did the same thing again.

But I still enjoy the O.C. and also enjoyed this episode.

And also I just love Taylor, I hope she stays in the group.

I also hope they get some new story's into the show because we need something new.

And also they should make seth funnier like he was in the first season.

Overall I enjoyed the this episode and i feel like the O.C. is finally getting back to the level of quality it was before.moreless

Load More Reviews