The Secrets and Lies

Episode Reviews (19)

Superb

Marrisa hangs out with volchock and his crew causing her problems with summer.

By stewie1423, May 11, 2010

This was a very good episode. marrisa really showed a mean side with the whole go to your daddy thing. it was only a few months ago when she did the same thing. summer really does seem wooried for marrisa which is good. It was funny with them argueing and ignoring each other. kirsten and seths storyline was good for them.

sadie and ryan get together fully.

good!

Best episode in a while.

By ZaleIsBackAgain, Jan 22, 2010

Something new and original for once. This separation between Marissa and Ryan, starting to like it! No more dragged out melodrama and emo scenes at the beach during night, dumb fighting, etc. The fight between Marissa and Summer was also pretty entertaining; them exchanging blows at the breakfast table was amusing to watch. And I'm not sure but it feels like The O.C. rehired the same storyboard that made season one such a hilarity these past couple episodes. It's witty and funny again! Although the multitude of different stories was always a problem in season three, it wasn't so much in this episode. The whole conflict with Matt was pretty sympathizing; seeing his home get wrecked due to a potential conspiracy was just so sad to see. And the time that Kirsten and Seth have been bonding together was really really touching. Is it a pipedream to ask that the quality remains like this for the remainder of the season?moreless

What can i say? I guess i'm just a huge fan of the first season and won't stop watching this show until i finish it.

[End of review may have spoilers for future episodes]

By CalSurf4Life, Jul 22, 2008

Marissa abusing another drug and hooking up with a bad "a__"? Geez hasn't she figured at least some things out since she started going out with ryan?

Sandy's company issues are starting to get really boring as well.

The only thing i really liked about this episode was seth and his mother bonding. Not something you really see in shows anymore. It was actually pretty cute.

Agreeing with a previous user, the oc seems to have had change of writers since the first season. I don't think that's really the case (i won't bother checking on it) but i really do miss the way season one was.

I'm getting so bored of watching all these lame plots since the middle of this season. When ryan made that threat to that guy's friends at the diner in this episode i was like "wooo go ryaaaan!" until i realized he wasn't even going to do anything except talk to him..

Gosh i miss those punches and how he got overprotective. That was pretty hot.

I miss the punches and all those parties that they used to go to. Infact how are they even popular at school ? and rich? They made those factors huge point outs in the first season.

Overall, i just hope they get marissa and ryan back together. I know the ending of this season already(unfortunately)and i would like it if they would end being together. But [again] accidentally reading first line of season 4 about Ryan being in a bar may lead me to think something happened...moreless

The OC. Episode 19

By stella_lisy, Jun 03, 2007

In the Orange County everybody is looking for a change.

1. Ryan's savior complex seems hibernated.

2. Volchock tries to turn into a good boyfriend. Definitely hilarious.

3. Sandy starts letting Kirsten out.

4. Marissa's new wild life ends up with a cocaine party. Anyway, aside from this - little - detail, something else happened: actually she did act generously! I can't believe she told Sandie to stay for Ryan's sake. Well, after years and years of selfishness, that's a big step. :D

Seth and Kirsten at the A.A. meeting were so sweet. It's nice to see how deep is their relationship.

Meanwhile, another mother is refinding her maternal instinct: Mrs. Cooper Nichol, of course. Better late than never, I guess.

Eventually Matt got beaten up. I bet he won't be around that much next episodes.

I just love how Summer tries to help everyone out. By the way, Summer and Marissa's fight was bittersweet.moreless

WOW, an genuinely interesting episode with a storyline the OC's coming on...

By Kev3331, Apr 16, 2006

Im shocked, an edgy Mariisa, a charasmatic Ryan, witty banter, and a bit of an edge, i even saw a bong, crazy!Finally the OC is getting its act together. Storyline-wise Marrisas playing the wild child act and Summers not pleased, leaving the newly engaged Mr. Roberts and Juilie Cooper stuck in the middle. Seth and Kirsten are bonding. And given that Ryan is with someone there is of course an obstacle, it's just so awkward with Sadie that she's skipping town, crazy bitch. Sandy had some snooze fest storyline that I didn't quite catch but I'm sure he was self righteous and thoghtful.

Anyway overall I thought this ep marked a real return to form the OC as to whether or not the standard can be maintained who knows, we'll have to wait and see....lets hope so though coz this season has pretty much sucked so far...who'll marissa shoot this time around, maybe Sandy...I'd shoot him-idiot.moreless

Marissa ruins her life more, despite Ryan's attempt to "rescue" her. However, Ryan's life is going very well. Summer and Seth are the ones trying to patch up the mistakes of others. Matt gets hurt so Sandy is doubtful about his business partner. So pr

By AkumaHu, Apr 15, 2006

I felt this episode showed how the O.C. is truly not well planned. The first season was fabulous. However, the second has lacked any main story movement and is just showing Marissa and Ryan growing apart and coming together and growing apart again.

The reason this episode was good was that Ryan truly makes a decision. I am not saying I don't like Marissa and Ryan as a couple. I do, but there comes a point where you just scream: "ENOUGH" stop messing with one another.

Seth and Summer of course are doing very well now they've gotten over their sex hurdle. I now love Summer even more as she tries to help in easing Julie's discomfort. (Of course this makes me dislike Marissa GREATLY, because she truly does neeed to grow up again)

Seth and his mother... so darling. Just shows why most girls I know love Seth more than Ryan. (Despite the fact that his six pack is just his ribs). Additionally, it makes me think Kirsten is one hell of a woman. ^^

So all in all this episode makes you dislike Marissa to the point where you might no longer pity her. However, you end up liking EVERYONE else so it all works out.moreless

Not a great episode, but good.

By ethanboy2000, Apr 13, 2006

The OC really needs to get back to its old ways. This episode was good, I loved the Kirsten-Seth plotline and Marissa and Summer fighting, but nothing exciting really happened. One really misses the parties and all of Ryan\\\'s punching. I hope they bring them back for the next episodes. But on top of all that, The OC RULES!!!!

Amazing

By eli2006, Apr 08, 2006

Marissa and Volchok are so cute together. I like them better then her and Ryan.

I do hope though that Volchok will care more about Marissa like he did when he was flirting. I hope they dont stay a wasted couple.

And goodluck to Julie and Dr Roberts... interesting to see whats gonna happen between them!

Wow, Marissa finds yet another substance to abuse.

By SuperSonique, Apr 07, 2006

The episode I found moved very slowly. The rift between Marissa and Summer, though slightly amusing is also badly presented. It just seems boring relative to all the other O.C. drama that we're used to see from the series.

Marissa hanging with Volchok seems iffy, like an out-of-character experience. Finally we see that big coke scene, where she snorts half a gram. This is pretty much nothing compared to Seth smoking pot.

Julie and Dr. Roberts announce their engagement and the Cooper ladies move in with Summer. Marissa drifts away from the group and Summer when she seeks solace in the bad company of Volchok. Ryan tries to move on with Sadie, but concerns for Marissa get in

By o0o-saskia-o0o, Apr 06, 2006

I liked this episode, I loved the part where Marissa and Summer where at the breakfast table and stealing all the food, that was very funny.

Volchok needs to get lost, I don't like him he's making an even more annoying person of Marissa then she already was. I liked Seth and his mum at the AA-meeting, so sweet!

The Ryan and Sadie line looks nice but I don't know how long they'll manage to stay together!

Overall a nice average episode!

Load More Reviews