The Dundies

Episode Reviews (32)

Great

Season 2 Start time for a dundie

By Lostindharma, Jul 24, 2012

While this show began with the pilot, this is when the season truly began. This was one of the greatest episodes of the series. It's funny how much Michael put into the Dundies. I also like how much he thinks he is actually entertaining people with his skits. Pam being drunk was a great sight to see. Jim was great in this episode from the kiss that Pam gave him to the end of the episode. This was also the introduction of more of the secondary characters from Stanley, Angela, Kevin, and Oscar. This was also the introduction of one of the big themes on the show: Michael's man crush on Ryan. Another good part of this episode was the name of the awards the employees got and the reactions they received. One of my favorite parts is when Michael was wrapping up the award show how Pam got the whole office behind Michael. It was a very sweet moment.

An overall good episode from top to bottom that would set the stage for a wonderful season.moreless

Michael has the 2005 Dundies Awards for the office staff members

By tigerdude22, Jun 15, 2011

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "The Office". The plot to this episode is that Michael has the 2005 Dundies Awards for the office staff members. It was very funny when Dwight didn't like the writing that the women put about Michael in the women's restroom and Dwight is saying that he is banning the women's restroom and there will be two men's restroom instead. Pam having her second thoughts about her engagement with Roy after she was looking through the past Dundie award videos was pretty good. It was very funny that the Dundies awards was held at the restaurant Chili's. Michael doing his rap was hilarious. It was hilarious when Phyllis won a Dundie for "Busiest Beaver" and then the Dundie trophy mistakenly says "Mushiest Beaver". All of the awards that Michael gave to the office staff members was very funny. It was funny when Pam won "Whitest Sneakers" award. Dwight being the DJ for the Dundies was also hilarious. It was also hilarious when Pam was drunk and then the Chili's workers said that Pam is longer welcome to Chili's. Overall, an excellent episode of "The Office". 10/10moreless

By Canogaparkcindy, Sep 25, 2010

After watching the first season, it was pretty good. I watched for entertainment. But after this episode, I'm proud to say that I am now an official fan of The Office. Season 2 was this show at it's best and the premiere did not disappoint at all.

We've still got the playful Pam & Jim friendship, possible romance, everyone is probably dying to just have it happen already. Then we got Steve Carrell, who just makes this show what it is. He's... he's... he's the American Ricky Gervais, and he's hysterical.

This season premiere was about the dundies, an award show that the Office attends to every year. Things get interesting in this episode of The Office when Pam & Roy get in a fight before Roy abandons her at the restaurant. Pam eventually ends up getting really drunk. Jenna Fischer stole the show, which is unheard of in the later seasons of this show. So I've grown to appreciate this episode, and her character. Jim & Pam end up having their first kiss, but don't mention it afterward, definite relationship development, then we got all the interactions from the supporting characters & Michael which were hilarious. But really, Jenna Fischer was the best thing about this episode, she was great.moreless

As someone who has seen every episode and who has been a fan from the very beginning, I can tell you with good reason that this is one of their best.

By aboutfalling, May 28, 2010

Season 2 gets off to a hilarious start when Michael hosts the annual Dundies award ceremony at Chili's. This is the first time everyone seems to be flexing their comedy muscles to the full extent on the series. We get to see a more dynamic look at the relationships between the characters. Michael employs Dwight as his DJ for the night, leaving the audience subject to their occasional bickering and unusual partnership. Then we finally get to see some real sparks fly between Jim and Pam. It really is a pivotal episode in their journey together. I thought the writing and acting was at its absolute best in The Dundies.moreless

The Dundie for most awesome episode so far goes to.......

By oceanic6, Nov 25, 2008

In the second season opener; Michael holds his annual Dundie award ceremony at chilli's where he honours his employees as well as giving himself an ego boost. While not much happens in the way of plot; this episode is the definitive one of the American series of The Office.

The first season, while it was good, was pretty much just a rough draft for the show as the camera work, texture and most of the dialogue was decidedly dull and the chracters were pretty much American photocopies of the originals. This episode features more talented direction as opposed to the point and shot job of last season, a vibrant picture quality that is better than the murky tint of season one and the writing whose success can be attributed to pretty much to whole guild is much funnier.

We are re - introduced to a more easy - going and goofy Michael as opposed to the crueller and jerky boss of last season and during the hiatus Steve has clearly hit the treadmill and bought some rogaine.

While the Dundies ceremony is solid gold; the scenes at the Office were a little weak and the clumsy bathroom wall saga probably gets the Dundie for shortest sub - plot in TV history. For those who find Michael's antics tiresome, don't worry as there is a joke in here to suit everyone's taste thanks to the different writing talents and acting styles on display and for the soap opera fans; a nice sopaie homage featuring Jim and Pam is here. The supporting characters who were previously just figures pretending to look busy in the background are given a slight expansion and just begin to break through the stereotypes and for once the spotlight is not just fixed on the key four. If there's one thing that drags the episode down it's the time factor; it's clear the episode was bursting at the seams with material that never made it and it's severe shortening leaves it feeling more like clips from another episode but the timing in Romeo and Juliet was also poor but who's going to putdown Shakespeare? The Dundies is not just a terrific episode of TV but is an early sign of the future sensation this show becomes.moreless

This is a fake story but it was just something funI wanted to write for my own amusement. Read it for fun as well!

By ctryryry, Jul 16, 2008

(Dwight comes out of his office furious and yells to make an anouncement.)

Dwight:Everybody I have an anouncement, there seems to be graffiti made by our terrible ladies. The bathroom is a privledge, and if your not going to act like ladies, then your privledge is taken away.

(Pam comes out with her arms crossed.)

Pam:Your going to take away our bathroom?

Dwight:Yes.

Pam:But where are we ladies suppose to... you know, go?

Dwight:Hold it for the whole day, cross those legs because we now have two men rooms.

All Offic Men:YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam:I have a feeling I shouldn't have had those two cokes in a row.

(Everybody goes back to work and a couple hours past, then goes to Pam.)

Pam:Doh, still four hours till closing time.

(Pam crosses her legs tight holding it.)

Jim:Hey Pam got these papers for you here to file and...OH!

(Jim actidentally drops some of his coffee on the desk and it slowly drips and drips.)

Pam:OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(Pam quickly runs to the bathroom but is immediately stopped by Dwight.)

Dwight:Where do you think your going?

(Pam is tapping her feet in place holding it in.)

Pam:Dwight please, I'm begging you I really need to use the toillet right now.

Dwight:Sorry, now get back to work.

(Pam is spining and hopping in circles. She goes back to her desk and sits down, but her stomach growls and her legs are shaking and hopping like when you gotta go.)

Pam:EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Starting to leak, can't hold peeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

(Pam crosses her legs tight and scrouches them up to her stomach so she looks like a ball. Also shaking a little as well.)

Pam:AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim:What's wrong Pam?

Pam:I really need to use the restroom's toilet but Dwight keeps stopping us. Oh, I'm gonna explode.

Jim:Dwight.

Dwight:What?

Jim:Let Pam use the toilet.

Dwight:Sorry no can do, I-

(Dwight is knocked out by Pam's high heel that flings off her foot because she's losing control.)

Jim:Now Pam, we'll talk to the boss about this later, go.

(Pam runs right into the restroom, to a stall that has a quarter meter on it. She runs back to Jim with her legs crossed shaking.)

Pam:Jim, I need a quarter, NOW!!!!!!!!!11

(Jim gives Pam the quarter, she runs back to the bathroom, slots the quarter and runs in the stall shuts the door, and her feet are shown at the bottom of the door as she does her buisness.)

Pam:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! OH THANK LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ENDmoreless

Michael Scott hosts and directs the office awards, called the Dundies.

By speechless8582, Jul 06, 2008

Jenna Fisher (who is the actress that plays Oam Beesly) does such a great job in this episode. She is able to shed light on her character in a new way that we had not seen in the first season. All of the actors do a really good job in this episode, and the comedy is simply hilarioius. Steve Carell is so funny, he really makes this episode hilarious with his singing and not funny jokes. He is also able to make the viewer feel bad for him, and start to love his character. Dwight is hilarious as always, as the DJ, he is funny as always. Overall a very good episode. Great way to start the season.moreless

One of my favorite episodes of the series...

By Momo35, Feb 25, 2008

This is the episode that got me hooked on this series. It's also the episode that made me love Steve Carell. While Pam's character was brought to a whole new level in this episode, Michael's character made me fall over laughing.

Laughing hysterically through his awkward performance of rapping, dancing, impressions and singing, I fell in love with the character of Michael Scott. When he was confused about Stanley and Terry I just about died. It didn't hurt when Pam laid one on Jim either!

It made it even better when I found out that all the waiters and waitresses were actually Chili's employees.

A truly genius episode.moreless

Dundies and a Pam showcase episode

By TVNerd95, Nov 11, 2007

Pam owned this episode. Her character drunk at the Dundies was classic. Her excitement at winning her Dundie was so great and when she fell off the barstool -- Jenna Fischer made it look so natural. I loved her in this episode.

Steve Carrell also rocked this episode. Anyone who can stand in front of ton of people and do routines that don't make anyone laugh is great. Jim's commentary after the Dundies summed it up perfectly. Ryan getting the Sexiest Award, Pam getting drunk, Michael acting liking Ping and destroying the lyrics to classic songs. Loved every minute of it.moreless

Load More Reviews