The One: Making a Music Star

Show Reviews (4)

Poor
4.9

What the heck was this show other than a cheap ripoff? At least America\\\\\\\'s Got Talent ripped it off pretty well. This is just another show about finding a star and voting them off.

By duyblewey13, Aug 04, 2006

I have to say, when I was flipping channels and saw this, I just kept on flipping. This is the stupidest show I\\\\\\\'ve seen on ABC so far. It\\\\\\\'s not only an Idol rip-off, but it also gave me this vibe of Project Runway. I knew one singer here before she was on this show and it\\\\\\\'s Jadyn Maria, the first one voted off. And I love her. Another reason I thought this show sucked. They can\\\\\\\'t find real talent. Jadyn did the \\\\\\\"Rock You Senseless\\\\\\\" song on the Herbal Essences commercial and I loved it. I hope Jadyn finds a real place to get her career jumpstarted instead of this crap show that got cancelled after one week... And the host sucked, too.moreless

America has no taste! This show is the best show of the summer!!!

By simpsonian100, Aug 02, 2006

Instead of a one-dimensional Rock Star, which is probably why this show is gone, The One had great singers! Austin was a great singer, and so was Michael! This show is the best show of the summer, and why people didn't watch it, I don't know! They probably should've premiered it the same night that Rock Star premiered. I guess I'll have to watch Rock Star, like last year, or not watch TV. It was a GREAT SHOW!!!!!!

I\\\'m not kidding when I write that I accidentally found this while trolloping around the remote. This is actually airing on ABC, an American National Prime-Time Network?

By geoellis2, Jul 30, 2006

This is disgusting. When trying to find a classification to describe the feeling while sitting there, astounded at the amateurish junk on my screen, I realized there isn't one choice to capture the moment. This is just plain crap. Were the ABC honchos out to lunch when someone picked this show up?

Summer replacements, OK, I can give up a little bit of quality, but come on, people. I have literally seen better displays of wannabe singers at the local bar, any night of the week. The sad part is, the people who performed on this travesty are gonna have to see themselves, (and hear themselves), at some point. Let's hope their friends, family, and everyone who has ever met them, sees this junk.... and ridicules them, too!moreless