It Crawled Out of the Woodwork

Episode Reviews (2)

Great

The Vacuum Cleaner One!

By OmarCayenne, Mar 09, 2013

AKA The Vacuum Cleaner One. Starts off as a real janitorial horror story, all close-up and sweaty and Gothic. But then it settles down into a groove. It's fun to see Barbara Luna (AKA Kirk's concubine) in a regular role, and Asner is quite cool throughout (and, in a rare onscreen moment for him, becomes dumbstruck). The neutral quality of the "bear" here enables the proceedings to resist the preachiness which is an Outer Limits weakness.

Not the greatest episode to watch....

By maritimer00, Aug 28, 2005

This is an episode that, for me, seems a bit odd and strange. An energy being is discovered accidentally by an energy complex and is used in a bizarre scheme by the complex manager. He uses the energy being, trapped in some sort of pit, to rule the complex with a tyrannical fist by having the monster kill an employee and bringing him or her back with the aid of a crude pacemaker. The episode plays out with a police detective and a brother of one of the victims trying to figure out the terrible secret at the complex and how to stop it.

For me, this was a bit of an uneven episode with some awkward dialogue and an ending that was really unsatisfying, to say the least. There are too many unanswered questions for me to bother watching more than once.moreless