The Playboy Club

Show Reviews (7)

Good
7.2

Good but this is why i think it didn't last

By spr12cr, Dec 04, 2012

The Playboy Club was promising, i did enjoy the story line but it got cancelled way to soon. I believe it would of done better in an other network, NBC wasn't the right choice, if it was either on HBO or Showtime it would of done way better, why? because it could of expanded its story line, showed more content and less people complaining about inappropriate bunnies on their tv.

It had a good cast and its worth checking out, the few episodes that did air.moreless

This short lived series focused on the lives of a very diverse group of people with varying degrees of ambition. The focal point is The Playboy Club in Chicago, Illinois circa 1960.

By meathead704, Oct 20, 2011

If you blinked, you missed it. Despite being cancelled after only three episodes, The Playboy Club was not that bad of a show. The actors certainly gave their best and many of them succeeded in my opinion. All that is, except for Numb3rs veteran David Krumholz. He never seemed right for the part of club manager Billy Rosen. Amber Heard did a fairly descent job as Bunny Maureen. Eddie Cibrian wasn't bad either but I was distracted by his constant mugging for the camera and his tendency to always have one eyebrow raised when he spoke (Like in the cast photo featured on this page). Despite that, I wish the show lasted a little longer. By the third and final episode, the show started to get interesting and even show some promise. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.moreless

A must see new show!

By KarenGorman1, Oct 08, 2011

This show is great...do NOT cancel. Give the public the time to view new shows and find ones they like. Love this one and the new Pan AM show....perfect timing and perfect shows in the Mad Men era.

The first episode is key to the story line

This show was not what I expected. It was better...

By tokvarupptaget, Sep 27, 2011

I started out prejudiced against this copy cat show trying to ride the "Mad Men" hype. I have a great love to the period shows and I could not NOT watch this and I am glad I didn't.

It was sexy, fun, and had just enough thrill to keep me watching. They describe it as a popcorn soap for the smart people and maybe that says a lot. Eddie Carbrian is perfect here and I have to say I have never liked him before but this time he is in his element. Maybe it is the lighting?

The world of the Playboy Bunnies is colour and sex and forbidden fruit all over it and that always makes good TV.

I do look forward to see how this story line pans out though. it worked for the pilot but how are they going to keep it going? Well the TV writers do manage to surprise from time to time.

In short. This is one show I will continue watching and I will now presume to enjoy it.moreless

seems promising ...

By tntdwnldr, Sep 24, 2011

well not being pro or con the whole playboy i think that the show has a promisingentertainment without having seen any episode .. my expectations are that they dont picture things that werent the way they were, that they put the way things were... im sure there is gonna be some type of drama involved and there be some girl to be the main role and so on.. but i hope im wrong and they picturedifferentbunnies life and things like that...... ill edit my review by the end of the season

moreless

very enjoyable!!

By AlexAkrivos, Sep 23, 2011

very entertaining the pilot of the new show.not much violence,which is good, nicely directed.characters and a plot to be explored.good music numbers.i do not understand why some people saidthere was sexism ,what,against women?but women in the show do not take their clothes off,they are FAR from stupid.and basically theyRUN the show.so,they should be all lawyers and scientists,so you would be happy? i think it s time for people to mature.and ,in any case,it IS the story of the playboy club.i hope that stupid reviews do not kill this show.it is somehow refreshing.and i really think that it is done with a good taste.moreless