The Practice

Show Reviews (23)

Great

Did Fox stop manufacturing the DVDs of "The Practice" as a way to censor it?

By trishcollado, Mar 23, 2014

I mean why would they stop manufacturing one of the best shows to ever air? It was definitely a more thought provocative show than most things that air on Fox. It referenced the Patriot Act before most of the media... At least in regular television programming and not some talk show or political show. It made you think about our laws and their respective loop holes. It brought attention to some of the more archaic, inadequate, and "immoral" laws and legal practices that truly undermine justice.moreless

Captive with no way out

By leaglebeagle, Feb 05, 2013

I've recently discovered the show and been captivated by its quality and content. I was watching it on Hulu only to find out that Hulu ends with season 3 (and was missing three from the season anyway).

Where can I find the rest of the shows? Not Netflix or Blockbuster, best I can tell searching its web site they aren't on Hulu Plus.

Any clues welcome (though I don't look forward to season 8, if I can ever view it. Sounds like it was a messy end to the series.moreless

A great Drama show!

By JDML23, Oct 22, 2012

I'm only recently seen this show in 2012. This is a great show which stands up even after being years off the air. Even for one such as me who isn't greatly in love with lawyer shows finds it fascinating. The show does a good job in showing where morality and law come into conflict and how the lawyers who are human yet also officers of the court have to deal, argue the law, and accept the consequences.

Best TV Drama Ever!!!!

By ColinHollett, Jul 18, 2012

This show truly is one of a kind. I was sad when it went off the air and have been craving another show like this since the finale. The acting was 2nd to none, the stories were fantastic and realistic. The struggles they faced in and outside of the courtroom were legit. I could go on forever. There was just something about this show that immersed you into the show and you felt like you were there. You felt like you knew them and could bump into them on the streets in real life. I have moved on and ejoyed other shows since The Practice but when comparing them to The Practice they always fail to match up next to it.

I would do ANYTHING to get them to come back with this show with the exact same cast. The show could start 8-10 years later and show how their careers progressed and with todays society they could have some awesome episodes for sure. All these actors were great and never really broke though after and that blows my mind.

I would love to start a petition to bring back The Practice.moreless

Gripping, thought provoking, engaging stuff!

By McClawyer, May 07, 2009

This show is absolutely fantastic.

As an aspiring lawyer myself, I found it to be the most entertaining and appealing drama I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

This particular show, as far as I'm concerned, out-performs anything that David E. Kelly has ever produced, and, all other legal dramas to boot!

I purchased volume one on dvd a while ago and have nearly worn it out! I hope the manufacturer gets wind of these reviews and releases the other seasons quickly. It's a phenomenal show and simply wrong if 13 episodes only ever got released. That concludes my submissions in support of my case for further releases!moreless

John L.

By kristia71, Dec 29, 2008

The three episodes in season 2 dealing with the character Joey Heric are a must see. Great dialog and word play among the characters. And as always a good twist in the end! This is a fantastic series and although I hated to see it end, it ended on a good note. Provided closure for fans of the cast. But I always wondered why they went with Boston Legal instead of a spin off surrounding more of the original characters. Such as following Eugene's experiences on the bench. Or the small practice that Jimmy and Jamie started. Regardless, the show is a definite must see.moreless

This show is about defense attorneys who, of course, defend mostly criminals and on another angle, a group of lawyers that started small, barely making rent and all until their reputation for defending scum uplifted their reputation.

By Sarah306, Jul 22, 2008

Hmm this is i think my second review. I really kept getting angry during the first few seasons of this show. I guess coz they were always winning even when the D.A. have a good strong case against their clients. Also what led to my irritability were Bobby Donnell's expressions when he wasnt getting he wanted, or when he was losing, it's like so personal and it gives me the impression that he's such a sore loser.

I also used to not like Lindsay Dole because seriously she's emotionally imbalanced and i thought her getting off that murder charge (same with Bobby Donnel when he hired the hitman guy) i thought that was just so bogus and unreal.

But as i got throught the ending of Season 6 & continued on to Season 7, i'm getting a new feel of the show. I think it gets better towards the end. There's a balance on the winning of the cases and a conscience from these defense attorneys.

I hate to admit though that it's true what keeps getting repeated over and over in this series. Defense used to be about saving the innocent now it's just about winning. It's not finding the truth, it's not justice because these lawyers know that their clients are guilty and yet they get them off anyway. Also in retrospect, the DA's office have their own set of dirty tricks but you can see the frustration when the justice they supposedly fight for gets lost to the defense attorneys tactics & skill even.

Justice no longer depends in the truth, but on how good the lawyer is, the best his speech can be in the end.moreless

A great show! Positively worth my time!

By stefan26sept, Jun 26, 2008

This is one my favorite shows, but in my opinion, by the choice of the cast (season 1-7) absolutely the best!

I mean, every segment of every episode is very well thought.

The fights, the fun moments, the serious moments, all the main and supporting characters - brilliant!

And the recurring characters, e.g. judges Zoey Hiller and Roberta Kittleson are Oscar-worthy. Along with the main cast (again, the first seven seasons). Although there are no Oscars for TV shows... pitty!

I don't quite understand the billing order, though. I get that Lara Flynn Boyle is last because she is the one that is most known for her prior work. But still, why is e.g. Michael Badalucco second?

The logical order would be: Dylan McDermott, Kelli Williams, Steve Harris, Camryn Manheim, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Michael Badalucco, Marla Sokoloff and (/with) Lara Flynn Boyle.

But season 8? I mean, come on! If the budget was SO low, than don't renew it for another season! They should have just aired the new show with new characters.

But to fire six of them? OK, the storyline for Bobby was pretty much done, and Lindsay and Claire had their own business away from the firm, and I suppose that Lucy is a minor character, but... still, to fire Lisa Gay Hamilton was bad enough. But to fire Lara Flynn Boyle? That is a crime. An immense error by Kelley, which is why The Practice only gets 9 points from me.moreless

Please bring it back to regular TV! It's thought provoking, suspenseful, and meaningful - unlike many new shows out there today! I miss it!!!

By yoshilin, Jun 21, 2008

Please bring it back to regular TV!!! It's thought provoking, suspenseful, and meaningful - unlike many new shows out there today! I miss it!!! The characters had a strong relationship, the stories were realistic, well most of them, and I just can't believe that it is so hard to find on tv these days. It should easily be deemed a classic. Mash, on the other hand, I don't understand why that's on all the time, on many channels. This is such a special show that I wish they could continue to make more new episodes - would such a thing be possible? Are the wonderful writers still around? Thanks for hearing me out.moreless

Load More Reviews