Emmys 2013: Which Show Should Win for Best Comedy Series?

By TV.com Staff

Sep 13, 2013

The Emmys are right around the corner, which means it's time to talk at length about the Emmys. Each weekday from now until the telecast on September 22, we'll be bringing you our highly sought-after, well-respected, and very prolific thoughts and opinions on who we think SHOULD win each award. Yesterday, we spouted off on the topic of who deserves the title of Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy, and now we'll wrap up the week by pontificating on which show should earn this year's Outstanding Comedy Series crown.

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES

THE NOMINEES: 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, GirlsLouie, Modern FamilyVeep

RECENT WINNERS: In the last six Emmy cycles, only two shows have won in this category. Modern Family's had a lock on the title since 2010; if wins again, it'll have four wins in as many seasons. Before ModFam started hogging all the statues, 30 Rock won three years in a row, from 2007-2009.

TV.COM EDITORS' PICKS

KAITLIN: I've been over Modern Family for years now. And I'm not sure how Parks and Recreation and New Girl didn't make this year's cut. But because they didn't, this year's contest is between Veep and Louie. And although nothing would please me more than to give it to Louie, I laughed harder at Veep.

TIM: Louie. Not even close. 

JEN: I loved the way 30 Rock ended, but in this race, it's This vs. That: Veep or Louie? This is a tough one for me. But Louie's beautiful observational dark comedy edges out Veep's biting political humor for the win. 

PREVIOUSLY:

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actor in a Comedy?

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Comedy?

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

• Comments (117)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • listenshh Sep 19, 2013

Fuck off modern family, you're shit

• Coop2019 Sep 19, 2013

Sorry, something was wrong with the embed.

• crazedtvhead91 Sep 18, 2013

As long as "Girls" doesnt win i'm cool. Who even watches that show anyway? No offense...

• greasy82 Sep 19, 2013

The only time Girls ever made me laugh is when Tina Fey made a joke about the show.

• sam_204 Sep 16, 2013

C'mon people, PARKS AND REC! Vote Leslie Knope!

• pmo09 Sep 16, 2013

Dexter should win after this hilariously bad final season

• McCovey Sep 16, 2013

What about Parks and Recreation? This show is always overlooked.

• Gizma Sep 15, 2013

How I Met Your Mother and it's not there !!! :@

• ionee24 Sep 15, 2013

Veep and 30 Rock were amazing, but I really feel the Emmy belongs to The Big Bang Theory this year.

• charlesmyersc Sep 15, 2013

as to how they've never given the emmy to TBBT in the past astounds me. they should really let the masses of people who watch television decide upon who gets the awards...

• AkiraHideyo Sep 15, 2013

Zzzame ole Zzzame ole group of nominees year after year. I nominate The Emmys as the yearly Best and Most Enduring COMEDY bar none-period !

• See More Comments (40)