Arrival

Episode Reviews (2)

Great

A man who the audience is introduced as Michael/Number 6 awakens in the desert. He is disoriented and has no idea how he got where he is. 6 finds himself in the world of The Village which is a society administered by Number 2.

By jyarter, Apr 18, 2010

A modernized version of the classic starring Patrick McGoohan. First of all if you are expecting and familiar with the original I'm sorry. This is not it! This is even more of a psychological oddity than the first of a man trying to get back to his old reality and the similarities end there.

I was truly excited to see this when I first heard it was going to be on. The thought behind the original was that Secret Agent Patrick had resigned and was finding out there is no resigning from the agency. In the new piece analyst James Caviezel finds out he can't resign but from what he has no idea.

In this first two parter we see a disoriented 6 trying to figure out who he is and what he's doing here. Number 2 tries a few ways to get him to come on board like introducing a brother and his family to him. Of course 6 has a mind of his own and knows his real brother died at an early age. So he fights the system tooth and nail. Number 2 does not seem to have total control though. His son 11-12 has free reign and does not seem to play within his fathers rules.

I heard there were a lot of people confused by this first part. That's understandable on a number of levels. If you were expecting The Prisoner you would have been confused and if you had no knowledge of the prior series you would have been confused as well. Not a well put together plot. Actually sort of disappointing. Thanks for reading...moreless