Schizoid

Episode Reviews (2)

Good
7.8

6 seems to become not only a split personality in The Village but actually two separate people all together. After this manipulation he is threatened with a slow painful death. This gambit leads to the interesting conclusion of the mini-series.

By jyarter, Nov 28, 2009

The big finale! Unfortunately even thought the idea behind this is intriguing I felt a lot ripped off. For the purposes of those who haven't seen this I won't go into that. It involves 5, 2, his wife, and their son 11-12. Also 147 and his wife. Finally 313 and some interesting reality checks at the end of the story.

To go into detail would be to really tell the story. So I will say here and now that this was probably the best of the three two-part episodes. Unfortunately that is not saying much as they are all convoluted in one way or another. Let's just say that the producers, writers, ad directors thought they were making some kind of an original statement. The truth is the actors really carried this piece from the stars to the smallest bit parts and that's what is really worth watching here. Terrific performances by a host of cast members.

Six hours to watch this piece!?! A very unsatisfying ending any way you look at it. I tend to be pretty even handed, but my recommendation is don't waste your time unless you really love these specific actors. Thanks for reading...moreless