The Replacements

Show Reviews (125)

Fair
6.3

Yes it was a pretty poor show but I'd liked the stuff with Tasumi

By 03bgood, Oct 07, 2014

As bad is this show was; at least it isn't as bad as Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners, Teen Titans Go!, or Uncle Grandpa.

Well....

By NatT96, Sep 28, 2013

I lost intrest in it fast, it was pretty funny. Strangely reminds me of Phineas and Ferb.

Better Than The Horrible Football Movie, But Still Bad

By ScampTVCritic, Jun 02, 2013

The plot is dumb, the episodes aren't really interesting, and the animation- MY GOD. I'd recommend this show if you were an avid Disney Channel fan and liked every single show they have ever put out. Other than that, not much will find enjoyment out of it, and will clearly enjoy The Buzz On Maggie and Kim Possible better.

The perfect example of a good premise gone horribly wrong

By That_TV_Dude, Aug 18, 2012

The Replacements was a show by Disney that actually managed to suck you in to see this show. There was always a commercial about it and many promotions about it and the premise sounded promising. The show's premise was about two young orphan siblings named Riley and Todd who find an ad for a place called Fleemco, and they mail it in to get two new parents and cell phones. The phones are used to call Fleemco to replace adults who are despicable and get adults who make their lives easier. The premise was actually pretty good, it made people think what would happen if you could replace a certain person to make life easier, but the way it's executed is very poor. The show always, and I mean always, used the same thing again and again. An evil adult was making Todd's and Riley's lives bad, so they call Fleemco to replace the adult with a good one, but at the end the new adult goes insane and the old one comes back and the kids learn a moral lesson. That's it, that's the whole show for you, nothing else, there is rarely an episode that doesn't focus on replacing an adult, it happens once in a blue moon. The artwork and animation is pretty good and flows nicely. The characters can range from annoying to dreadfully boring and uninteresting. The only good characters in this show were Dirk the Daredevil Dad and the Car, they actually made me laugh and provided good humor. Why couldn't the show be about them instead of everyone else? Everyone else has no real humor at all and they say horrible puns that make you do a face palm. Overall, this show could have been a classic, but sadly it fails due to boring and annoying characters, repetitive stories, and bad humor. The only reason you should watch this show is to see Dirk and Car provide comedy. Disney, go back to doing what you did best, and make actual good cartoons, not this, and way to drop the ball on this show.moreless

Good thing it ended.

By DreadAngelus, Jun 17, 2012

Somewhat terrible, but bearable.

Plot: Todd, Riley, are siblings in an orphanage. They saw an ad from a comicbook, or a magazine, a cell phone that can be used to call an replacement. They replaced their parents and anyone they dislike. (Somewhat spoiled, isn't it?)

Characters: Their personalities are mostly in wrong position. Voice actings are mostly unfitting. Riley and Todd are spoiled brats.

Humor: Nothing, except being silly to the full point. Like they have an IQ of a monkey. That's not that funny.

Art: Fair, like a typical cartoon would do. Animation is also fair.

Overall: 2. I just don't like the plot and the characters, and also the humor. It only shows some annoyance from their bad attitudes and traits.moreless

I love this show and it must be brought back.

By 2006retro, May 08, 2012

This is one of my favorite shows on Disney Channel and I'm very unhappy with DC for stop airing it. The second season is a big improvement with the characters. Riley Daring is so hysterical (it make me wonder what Johnny Hitswell sees in her). Agent K is so cool and Dick, her husband, is such an idiot. I love Tasumi. She is such a cutie pie without that armor. Jacobo is so weird and annoying. My least favorite character is Sierra "skankerrella" McCool. What bother me is that last episode "The Irreplaceable" got messed up before the show's cancellation. Yep. I'm gonna miss that show.moreless

Some please replace this crap feast! I trust me, I watched this show and what a bad idea that was. I'm not kidding!!

By GeforceDFS, Dec 09, 2010

Quick review

Art 10/10 - Pretty basic

Music 3.5/10 Completly uninspiring and stupid!

Character 0.0/10 - Not good, stupid, plain retarded and Why do Todd and reilly pick on Sheldon?!(poor Sheldon; hot nerd)

Plot 4.5/10 - Pointless and binal.

Animation 5.5/10 - I'll be fair, this could've been cool. But it gets old really quick within episodes and it's a bad animation pariody of flapjack(Which the show is amazing; 7.5) and SpongeBob(6.9/10).

Storyline 6.5/10 - Two kids were poor and got two replacement cell phones from flamco. And.....pretty much everything else was illrelative.

Overall 1.0/10 - Don't watch this show, okay. If you do, you will make a mistake like I did when I was 11 years-old. Watch Flapjack, Spongebob, or even buzz on maggie(which I love, despite short episodes)! I am not here to stop you, this is just my review on what watched. The show sucks balls. Could family replaced the replacement with buzz on maggie, instead?!moreless

My opinion of The Replacements is concealed in this review. Press "Continue" to find out what I think.

By MichelleRosalyn, Jun 04, 2010

(Sarcasm alert...)

This show is way too fast. I mean, my warped mind can't even catch any of the jokes. People these days don't want a lot of humor packed into a few minutes. What they want is one joke a minute so that they can actually laugh at something. Do the creators of this show understand that?

Secondly, this show is way too clever. People don't want smart or witty or satirical. I mean, who in their right mind likes satire anymore? What we people want is some nice gross-out humor, pop culture references without thoughtful satire, people tumbling over things, people hurting themselves, and a whole lot of comprehendible jokes.

The characters are just horrible. I mean, they're not hip and cool and trendy, and they're all a bunch of losers. On top of that, they don't always do the right thing. What we want is a bunch of characters who are perfect in everyway and another bunch of characters who are completely evil and never do anything good. We don't want balanced characters who do things that are both right and wrong. We want characters who either do right all the time or always do wrong all the time.

The animation is horrendous. I mean, it doesn't even conform to everything else today. Sure it's unique and innovative, but that doesn't mean it's good. The colors hurt my eyes. There's way too many of them. It's too bright and happy.

And what is with the plots and premise behind the show? Kids replacing people with replacements? That's horrible. It doesn't make sense. It adds too much variety to the show by bringing in different characters every week, and at the same time it doesn't add variety to the show because it has the same basic forumla that adds too much of a challenge for the writers to make unique plots and situations around that. Totally ignore the fact that the replacements are temporary. Ignore the fact that it's a cartoon, and everything goes back to normal in the end.

Finally, I'd like to talk about the voice actors. There's too many of them from fantastic shows. We don't want classic veterans like Kath Soucie and Nancy Cartwright and Frank Welker and all those other greats. Just because they were fantastic in so many other cartoons doesn't mean we want them!

(By the way, if you're confused, I love this show! It's one of my absolute faves. I chose to go with a different approach in my review, and recite the opinions, words, and subconscious thoughts of the haters of this show. I decided to use sarcasm. Take that, Replacements haters!)moreless

Boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

By foamy2345, May 06, 2010

Oh boy,do I enjoy reviewing bad shows!Yes,I ask myself,what has become of cartoons today??!I mean,cartoons are so much easier to make these days,and yet,they are becoming worse and worse.And this one is no exeption either.Its about two butt ugly syblings who have resources to replace every single person for someone they think is more "cool".Ok,that didnt make any scence.And they "ordered" new parents,a stunt man named Dick Daring(I dont think his name is appropriate for young children) and female secret agent for a mom.And basicly every episode they replace someone(teacher,politician,just about everyone) with someone more cool,and it ends up in disaster so they get the old persone back.So the point of this show is????Yeah,ive noticed few more things I find annoying.Riley(the girl) has two friends,and african american girl and a japanese girl.And the japanese girl is such a bad stereotype it hurts.Yeah,they are always portraited to have lots of gadgets,but this girl wares a robot suit,for craying out loud!And Riley and Todd are compleatly unlikable and annoying,dad is an idiot and mom is less annoying,but still doesnt provide any humor.And yeah,the humor stinks,the animation stinks(i think its the same people who made My Gym Partner Is A Monkey)And really,there is no reason to wach this show.What happend to Disney Channel???Bring back Mickey Mouse and the gang,and burn this steaming pile of crap.Do something usefull with your spare time instead of waching this poor exuce of a showmoreless

Load More Reviews