Deep Space Homer

Episode Reviews (14)

Superb

perfect

By futuramarama, Aug 19, 2011

what i liked- everything after Homer goes up to space is just hilarious, like the ants, "I for one welcome our new insect overlords", Grampa proclaiming Homer is 'of course' going to be alright because it's 'tv', the ending with the rod getting all the credit, 'you win be default.' 'woohoo! default. the two sweetest words in the english language', homer calling bill clinton and the line about 'if anyone knew where to get tang, i knew it would be you.'

really funny episode. homer going in space is unique and it has a lot of funny moments. A+moreless

Homer's Space Odyssey

By sh811a, Aug 14, 2010

This episode is just perfect, it's another favorate of mine. There just isn't one dull moment from begining, middle and end. This is one of the last great episodes where Homer is at his best.

There is a lot to say so I'll just say a few things that really made it work for me. One I really like who guest stared in it, from Buzz Aldren I found it funny because you pritty much have a real American hero astronaut and a fictional astronaut Homer in the same space. Though for me it was more James Taylor because he had some of the best lines and there was one moment which was funny when James says something the NASA guy with the glasses takes out a bever tail billy club and is about to hit him, noted that guy uses that club a lot in this episode mainly for no reason.

I really loved that competition between Barney and Homer. Barney really shows that he really is capable of becoming more as long as he's can kick the alcholism, which unfortunately doesn't last when there is a celebration and he suddenly goes drunk crazy. Noted the wine they celebrated with was non alcholic which made it more hillarous, I don't know how Barney could suddenly get jacked up from that talk about low tollarance.

And of course Homer whom is not just funny, and of course he really is funny from the press conference with that reference quote joke of "Planet of the Apes" it was just hillarous because despite seeing the ending he never understood it until he just thought about it. To eating chips in space and even crashing into that ant farm and hearing what the ants were saying. But Homer is actually sympathtic which made his character actually have a slight sense of humanity. From his need to become more but also the reluctance of taking a risk. I really liked that one story when he talked about not meeting Mr.T at the mall, I just find that sad because it's a story about missed opportunity. I think most may'be not all have this kind of story, but this really works because we can all emphasize with that.

The question is not what is the meaning of life, but what more life can be.moreless

this was a really good ep

By cube2k8, May 18, 2010

this was a good ep of the simpsons show in this ep the space station want to send a avarage man into space and they recruit homer and barney as astrounts and then homer and barney start to do alot of tests and homer is the man they choose at the end of the training period and then homer goes up into space with the volager aplo 11 vetrain buzz aldrin. homer and the others are up in space but homer causes things to go wrong like open a bag of chips and stuff and ants start to go lose and stuff and then homer saves the day and they sussfuly land . this was a good epmoreless

Wacky is the one word that can describe this episode, but then again most of these stroylines are, and that's what makes them great!!!

By Iverson82094, Jan 23, 2008

Homer and Barney are recruited to be NASA astronauts, so the organization will be more appealing to the common man. It looks like Barney will actually be the one shot into space, but when he falls off the wagon, Homer goes instead. In the space capsule, Homer causes all forms of accidents and conflicts with other astronauts like Buzz Aldrin, until he actually endangers the lives of everyone by breaking the handle off of an outer door. The only thing that can save the day is a heroic inanimate carbon rod. Guest Stars: Buzz Aldrin as himself; James Taylor as himselfmoreless

a very good episode

By wysoul, Nov 18, 2007

h eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh he heh e hehheh heh eheh heh eh heh heh he hehe heh hheh ehh h heh ehh heh heheh h heh e

eh heh he he hh ehehe he hh he heh e heh e ehe h e

he eh

eheh eh he he hehe

he he he he ehe h he hehe h e

h e

eh

ehheh ehehe

eh e

hehe he

eh heh eh ehe heeheh eheheeh h eh hehe ah hauh uhu hu h h hu

h u

h uhu h uh uahue euheu ha

h uheu hahueh uh a huamoreless

One of the best eps.

By Darkside5675, Feb 13, 2007

Back in the day, the episodes were good. This is an example of that. But sadly, the show has been declining. They just didn't know when to pull out. The show peaked during the late 90s, but since 2000 it has been on a downhill slope getting worse with every season. The plots are dull and don't seem to go anywhere filled with awful jokes.

The jokes themselves are no longer original, but rather just follow the formula of older jokes and are written poorly. The voicework is still good, its just annoying seeing the same old jokes over and over. Homer is fat, Bart is dumb, Moe suicidal etc. Nothing is original anymore. And the wit is no longer there either.

The show was good in its prime, but it has taken a huge fall. The movie coming out doesn't help anything.moreless

Homer goes to space, a Simpsons first.

By GerMan666, Jan 15, 2007

What can be better than Homer going to space, because he was out-beat by a useless carbon rod. I'm surprised he survived the basic training of being an astronaut, be he did win by default, the two sweetest words in the English language. I'm also amazed that Barney was sober for Act 2, a rare occurance.

Deep Space Home is totally alsome!

By coolwill15, May 17, 2006

So here's the spot Homer was to tired to go to space so Homer and Barney joins in NASA. Inside of the NASA lab. thay have a spinning turning wheel when Homer was so scare that he was dizzy! Although 3 astronoutes are explore the outer space (like Apollo 13 for take off to outer space). Ahh memories when Homer was flying inside the space ship and he eat some potato chips flying around them (like a classic music "The Blue Danlube" which was the 1968 film "2001, A Space Odyssey") Finally after Bart is throwing a pencil there's a final tribube that you ever seen (You know in 2001 movie in the final part, there was a circle with a baby on it). It was a baby Homer from outer space! That's totally funny! Watch the episode and you'll gotta love it! D'oh!moreless

Homer Simpson is put against Barney Gumble in a contest and the winner will be on a trip into space to attempt to boost NASA's ratings. While up there they experience difficulty (caused by Homer) and they are saved by an inanimate carbon rod (which takes

By killemall42, Jan 21, 2006

This episode was an instant classic when it first aired. Whenever I discuss the Simpsons with someone, this is one of those episodes that just about everyone has seen. It is an episode that makes one laugh and it is full of original and hilarious gags. It also contains a lot of allusions from space oriented movies and television shows. Furthermore, this episode is referenced in future ones for its importance. Homer being put into outer space is a major event in the show's history, and it also gained Homer Simpson a lot of respect throughout the rest of the series.moreless

Load More Reviews