Homer Badman

Episode Reviews (21)

Superb

Pretty offensive

By child7, Jun 16, 2015

I thought it was really offensive, personally, as an incest survivor. :( Especially since we have just seen so many predators, REAL predators being exposed, such as Bill Cosby and Josh Duggar, many people in England, people in power etc. who have been able to do what they want with impunity. Jimmy Saville comes to mind. The media protects the famous/powerful/celebrities historically speaking......

Homer takes Marge to a candy trade show where he steals a rare piece of candy, but can't find it when he gets home. Upon driving the babysitter home, he finds the candy stuck to her rear. When he takes it off, she accuses Homer of sexual harrasment.

By meathead704, Oct 03, 2011

"Homer Badman" is a very good episode mainly because of a point mentioned in another review for this episode: it shows how badly the media distorts reality and that they are more interested in ratings than truth. Another reason is the excellent jokes in the episode, especially the scene where Springfield Action News uses an infared camera at the Simpson house and mistakes a chicken cooking in the oven for Homer. The episode is loaded with many laughs throughout which is what makes The Simpsons one of the greatest shows ever.moreless

perfect

By futuramarama, Aug 19, 2011

what i liked- the ending with Willie as Rowdy Roddy Peeper, people hating on homer, the part where Rock Bottom reveals stories they made up (Good freeze frame gag there), amongst other things.

i can't even explain why i love this episode. there's so many funny gags i can't list them all, and the plot is unique and clever, too. just watch this episode, if you haven't seen it, and even if you have, and just need a good laugh (or two, or three, or a lot). A+moreless

Homer the "badman"

By Southparkfa, Jul 20, 2010

In this episode, Homer and Marge go to a candy convention and leave Bart and Lisa with a femisitic babysitter. At the candy convention Homer and Marge get a ton of candy, including a rare venus de milo gummy. Later, as he's driving her home, he sees it stuck to her butt, so he grabs it off her, and she thinks he harassed her sexually. You can't help but feel pretty sympathetic toward Homer as you know he didn't do it, and yet the media skewers the truth, the protesters tamper with him all day long. The ending was also very funny, as Willie basiclly saves Homer, and then when Willie is called a pervert Homer turns his back on him. Overall, very good episode. 9/10 A-moreless

Great Episode.

By fenway98, Jun 21, 2010

When Homer and Marge go to a candy convention, Bart and Lisa have a babysitter. The babysitter is strict to Bart, but lisa loves her.

Meanwhile at the candy convention, Homer smuggles candy into Marge's coat, and steals the gummy venus de milo. When Homer drives the babysitter home, he sees that she sat on the gummy Venus De milo. He grabs it from her butt, but she accuses him of s3xually harrasing her. Homer swears he didn't do it, but soon there are protestors outside the house. To find out the truth, Homer gets invited on the show Rock Bottom. He tells the interviewer the truth, but they edit it to make it seem like he did do it. Homer wants to move under the sea, but Marge says it will never happen.

This is a very funny episode. I loved the Candy convention scene, and Homer's daydream of living under the sea.

Overall Grade:A+/100%moreless

this was a good ep

By cube2k8, May 20, 2010

in this ep of the simpsons show homer is taking the baby sitter home and he realizes ther is a gummy stuck to her pants and homer grabs it off and eats it . and she thinks homer was trying to make a sexual move on her. and she gets the people together and put picked signs up to show he was a bad man. but willie comes forward with a secret tape that show homer was not tring to make sexual moves on her. and that he is innocent this was a good ep i tought and it had some funny scenes.moreless

One of the best episodes of Season 6.

By geoff-uk123, Oct 21, 2009

Here, is the episode "Homer Badman". Its a brilliant episode with a great plot, and it has more mature content than you'd expect from a Simpsons episode.

Well, this time, Homer has stolen a valuale gummi sweet, and he is also being accused of sexual harassment. The episode was very entertaining in most parts, like when he was on the fictional TV show called "Rock Bottom".

Like I said before, he has been accused of sexual harassment. He is asked to take a babysitter home, but as she is getting out, Homer sees a valuable gummi sweet somehow stuck to her butt. After grabbing the gummi venis off the babysitter's bum, everybody around Springfield and on TV, just won't believe that he didn't do it, Until Willie proves him innocent.

Overall, a very good episode. If you haven't seen this episode yet, give it a look.moreless

Wrongfully Accused

By sh811a, Sep 29, 2009

This is another very good episode I like that takes a bit of an unfun turn. The episode satires on sensationalism and information manipulation. What goes on in the episode sort of reminds me of a quote from the character Bugs Raplin in the film "Bob Roberts"; "Nobody wants the truth anymore, the media and newspapers won't tell you the truth, coporations won't tell you the truth, politicians won't tell you the truth, they don't want the truth, the truth is too dangerous for them." This is still an issue going on today if you think about our tabloid and media subculture.

I really like how Homer is made sympathtic in this, I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy because we know he's innocent. The real bad guys are the misguided protestors and media. We see how much abuse he is enduring. From a trashy journalistic tabloid show "Rock Bottom" the title itself is ironic. We see the real interview but then we see the interview presented on TV and it is clearly bogus, you can easily tell your being lied to from the jumpcuts in the interview as well as the bad acting from the host in the end as they are making Homer to be this monster which he clearly is not. And of course we see other TV programs just ridicule him like that weard spanish bee comidy or even Fox making a very bad reenactment TV movie. All this is both funny and sad at the same time it just really shows how low the media in the Simpsons universe (maybe a bit in our own) has set the bar on themselves in entertainment.

I don't know if a lot of people noticed this but thoughout the whole ordeal there has been no concrete proof of what Homer has been accused of. Which is why the protests and medias info on Homer is unreliable and invalid. As a saying goes if you have no proof you got nothing.

I also can't help but feel it's also a little satire on feminism. I've always felt feminism is such a double standard. The babysiter in the episode, isn't entirely likable she is a bit of a jerk. Her idealism is clearly flawed from what she says about guys doing anything for their video cartriges, I found sort of sexist and I think thats the point. And in the drive back she was sort of rude to Homer even though I'll admit he didn't bring up a good conversation. We can clearly see she has certain ideals but their flawed a bit one sided, she has really set the bar low for guys. There truely are exceptions out there like myself and my friends, we like/love women for who they are not because of looks alone.

Before I close, I'd like to say the funnest moment no doubt is in the candy convention. I loved that homange joke to most of Bruce Willis's movies like the "Die Hard" series, "The Last Boyscout", or whatever one you can think of there is almost not one action film where I don't see him jump away from an explosion or have an explosion alone; Homer almost looked like Bruce Willis at that moment. When Homer kicks a vending machine, grabs a can of soda, combines it with Pop Rocks (a little injoke on the soda Pop Rock urban legend) to use as a grenade at the conventionares and says my favorate quote in the episode, "See you in Hell, Candy Boys!" comic gold.moreless

A mid season clunker that plods along.

By hfield007, Mar 19, 2009

"Homer Bad Man" was a mid season episode that didn't live up. While the story was definitely something to work with, it failed to get all of the laughs previous episodes that year were getting already.

A few memorable moments are offered up including the classic freeze frame list at the end and the channel 6 news heat sensors but the jokes were sparingly tossed throughout the show.

But as always with the Simpsons a great episode follows and one also preceded. Mid-season always seems to be time for a real clunker in the series and season 6 had "Homer Bad Man" to be just that.moreless

Load More Reviews