Little Orphan Millie

Episode Reviews (18)

Great

This was nowhere near the best work that The Simpsons has ever brought to us but it was a moderately good episode.

By RyanPeteranna, Feb 26, 2011

I became intrigued and entertained by the maturing and the complete change to the personality of Milhouse as he becomes depressed, poetic and yet cool. I was surprised by the fact that Lisa and Milhouse hold hands, yet the latter didn't seem to care. How about that for cool? My favourite moment of the whole episode was when Homer inadvertantly named numerous products to Milhouse that had references to Milhouse's parents being lost at sea, which really made me laugh out loud a lot, even though it felm inappropriate in one way. I was also amused by Bart acting out of character, proclaiming his love for Milhouse, crying and hugging Lisa. I was not impressed by the subplot with Marge's eye colour; you would be likely to forget all about it almost immediately after watching it. The ending is satisfactory and the programme doesn't have to explain what happened after the episode finishes, in the attitude that the show always has. On the whole, I don't think that this episode was particularly memorable but it was fascinating and well-written.moreless

Milhouse's parents get remarried, and go on a cruise for their honeymoon. When they are lost at sea, Milhouse becomes a "depressed loner." Meanwhile, Homer can't remember the color of Marge's eyes.

By ElBarto45, Aug 20, 2010

Quite possibly the worst Simpsons episode of all time. Felt like an episode of Family Guy, or, God forbid, American Dad. The jokes were disgustingly weak (see the "quotes" section) and most of the plot-lines were pointless or made no sense.

The "Danish-Dutch" running joke was decent, but the Milhouse as the cool guy plot was worn out, and frankly, boring. The better jokes were strained; for example, "Marge, give me a break! I don't know the colors of peoples' eyes! I just judge them on the color of their skin." Weak. Maybe okay for Family Guy or King of the Hill. The eye color subplot was horrendous. Worst Simpsons subplot in history. I can't think of one Simpsons-level joke, or anything that even comes close, from that subplot. It had no redeeming value - basically Marge walked into walls a lot and then Homer sang some song. It screamed Family Guy to me.

I was very disappointed with this episode. I'm a huge fan of the show and can honestly not recall a bad episode - or even a bad joke. Unfortunately, this one was chock full of them.moreless

Milhouse's parents get married, shipwrecked and Milhouse goes to live with the Simpsons. Not the best they've ever put out, but give them some credit; they are on season number 19

By ckiddicus, Aug 20, 2010

The Simpsons and Van Houten family are at a picnic, where an identically-dressed Kirk and Luann claim they have an announcement to make. Much to the adoration of the party, Kirk and Luann announce they are to be re-married.

At the Simpsons home, Homer and Marge are getting ready to go to the wedding. After a casual remark from Homer, Marge is shocked to find Homer truly does not know the color of her eyes. Until Homer remembers, Marge makes a solemn vow not to let Homer see her eyes until he knows their color; causing an uncoordinated Marge to cover her eyes.

While the Van Houtens are on their honeymoon, Milhouse stays over at the Simpsons, proud and happy his parents are back together. While on the boat Kirk carries Luann down the hallway to their private room, though the boat begins swinging from side to side, so violently that the two fall off the boat. When inside the Simpson house, Milhouse goes to answer the door. Two coastguard members sadly inform him that Kirk and Luann are lost at sea, and possibly dead. Milhouse soon becomes depressed and truly convinced his parents are dead.

Though Marge invites Milhouse to stay for as much as he likes, Milhouse replies to everything with more depression, especially after another coastguard member arrives to blatantly tell him they cut the search off early. Finally, after sucking upon Maggie's bottle, he discovers he truly is the "world's oldest baby", and promises himself that he will soon become a true man.

Meanwhile, Homer continues making fruitless attempts at looking for traces of hints that can help him discover the color of Marge's eye including photos. He soon finds out there are not any photos of Marge in the house besides their wedding album. After failing to open it, he discovers there is a lock. When asking Marge for the password to the combination, she tells him it is their anniversary, though he forgets that also.

At school, Martin points out a mysterious figure in the shadow of a large oak tree, though when closely scanned, it is revealed to be Milhouse. Coming out of the shadows, Milhouse's new behavior and attitude (gloomy, mellow, and poetic) grabs the attention of the girls at school, including Lisa. Nelson refuses to punch Milhouse as he feels there is no longer any point. Finally, it is shown Milhouse is usurping Bart's popularity. At lunch, a lonely Bart sits by himself at a table, where Ralph Wiggum even tells him he's "embarrassing himself". When leaving the school bus, Sherri begins flirting with Milhouse, causing a desperate Bart to try Krumping. After no one laughs at him, a miserable Bart heads up to his room, ignoring Marge's invite to continue Krumping with her.

In his room, Bart is reading the "Daily Fourth Gradian", showing in the popularity scale, Bart is steadily decreasing. After concluding that Milhouse with family would be happy again he remembers that Milhouse gets Danish butter cookies every Christmas from Solvang, California. He decides to connect Milhouse with his Danish Uncle Norbert van Houten. Waiting at the airport, Uncle Norbert, dressed like Indiana Jones (including hat and bullwhip) arrives by his own biplane, and asks to be referred to as "Zack", the proud Danish van Houten with a hatred towards the Dutch van Houten. After Zack arrives to get Milhouse from the school, Milhouse's popularity escalates even higher.

Homer continues to search for the color of Marge's eyes and when Abe notices his desperation, he reminds Homer of a song he sung to Marge during the early strands of their relationship. After remembering a portion of the song contained Marge's eye color, Homer begins to sing out loud in the air, though when he does not remember the last word (being Marge's eye color) Homer begins to give up, until Marge, who is standing at the door, remembers the song and proudly removes her sun glasses, revealing a bright, beautiful hazel shade to her eyes, concluding Homer's song of "a beautiful, deep shade of hazel".

An angry Bart soon discovers Milhouse plans to fly away in an hot air balloon with Zack. After convincing from Lisa, Bart realizes that he loves and thus will miss Milhouse. Milhouse, Zack, and Bart take off in the hot air balloon and come upon an island, where a very much alive Kirk and Luann plan escaping with a nature-made hang-glider. After flying, Kirk and Luann's hang-glider cuts the hot air balloon and soon, Milhouse re-unites with his parents. Zack states that he has already called for help and then gets into a fight with Kirk over their heritage (Danish and Dutch respectively).moreless

Milhouse's parents remarrying is just the beginning.

By jimbo_001, Jul 16, 2008

This episode is very funny and well plotted, and while the Van Houtens remarrying is nowhere near as entertaining as them being divorced way back when, it opens up a good plot, with them "dying" and while it was obvious they had to survive ("status quo? Ay Carumba!... that's just sad") since "Millie" is funny because of his neediness and unpopularity, but it was funny nonetheless to see his change in character and Bart's jealousy, though the episode still had a few poor moments like the crumping.

Homer trying to figure out Marge's eye colour is a great plot as well, though I think a funnier ending would be if her eyes were black, but the rake guitaring and wedding album code were hilarious scenes, and is just as funny as the main plot, the two balancing each other out well.moreless

Finally a side of Milhouse that I enjoyed

By OnePerCentClub, Jun 30, 2008

I thought this episode was very good. I usually find Milhouse episodes boring when it's all about him but this was better. His new personality is dark and unbelievable and he has everyone wondering what is it about him and what he's hiding.

I like how Bart reacts. He's desperate for attention, now that everyone is looking at Milhouse. It was funny to see Lisa telling Bart that he was pathetic because he will miss him when he leaves.

On the other hand, Homer and his problems to remember Marge's eye color was as silly and he always is when he gets in trouble. And even when he's always trying to get rid of his father, he had to listened to him to remember.

LGmoreless

A sad and very funny episode at the same time!!!!

By BCeagles14, Feb 14, 2008

When Milhouse's parents are lost at sea and presumed dead, Milhouse decides it's time to begin acting like a real man, and his new attitude makes him more attractive and popular than ever. Bart can't stand that Milhouse has become cooler than him, and he devises a plan to win back his cooler-than-Milhouse status. Meanwhile, Homer finds himself in hot water when he can't remember the color of Marge's eyes, and Marge vows not to let Homer see her eyes again until he remembers their color. A great episode, and a must see for all SImpsons fans. Season 19 turning out great thus far as it has only had one weak episode thus far.moreless

When Millhouses parents get remarried they go on a cruse. When on the cruse they get lost at sea. From the shock milhouse recieves he becomes really cool and bart gets the rank as the second coolist kid in school.

By youdude123, Jan 30, 2008

anothe funny episode that makes me laugh. this is a great episode of season 19. This show is the best long lasting show. I cant wait for the next episode The come out. This pooves that this show is still funny. This is one of my faves on t.v. com I want the simpsons to have a marathong on fox. It would be so ausume and cool. Do to rap things up this was a great and funny episode that is fun to watch. So I an going to end this so This was funny. T. V. com member youdude off.moreless

Nothing Happend.

By AangPhantom777, Dec 14, 2007

What? I didn't laugh once, but only a little bit when the gym teacher was talking about not skipping gym class when they were climbing the rope... so, that was the only part I laughed just a little bit. This, along with Homer of Seville, is probably the worst simpsons episode in Season 19 so far. Pretty sure people will agree with me. And, although when Homer was naming all the brands that had to do with the ocean, that gave me a little laugh too. Overall, this episode is worthy for a 6.4 rating from me. ( I could still watch this episode again, though )moreless

A good average episode

By ninjakid4life, Nov 27, 2007

This episode was pretty funny and seeing milhouse grow from baby to a man was pretty cool. So Milhouses parents get together on a cruise but they accidently fall off the ship and the sailors inform Milhouse parents are dead and Milhouse isn't taking it so well and decides to become a man and he gets really popular at school more popular than Bart which make Bart so he tries to call Milhouses uncle but it makes him more popular so then Milhouse rides on his uncle hot air balloon but Bartsneaks in and crashes in an island that has milhouses parent.

The subplot was good to that Homer forgets Marges eye color and he tries many funny ways to find out what is So it was a pretty decent episode but not the best of the seasonmoreless

Load More Reviews