Superb

It would be better, if the title wasn't so damn long

By meatboys, Oct 13, 2010

During a town meeting, Principal Skinner pitches the idea of opening a casino. Mr. Burns adopts this notion and builds the "Mr. Burns' Casino." Homer takes a job as a blackjack dealer and Marge takes up gambling. At home, Lisa is having difficulties with her school project and Bart opens a treehouse casino. Like I said it would be much better if the title didn't cover up a whole web page

I like this episode for 1 big humoungos gigantic barbarianly huge reason

Everyone loves gambling

Barney actually showed some decency by getting Maggie back to Marge, even though barney thought maggie was bart.

I give the episode a 8.8moreless

Marge Is Addicted

By futuramarama, Jul 02, 2010

This isn't one of my favorites of the series by any means, but it is a well-done episode. It's not hilarious, but I do quite like the plot. Marge being addicted to gambling is a very interesting plot for her and I think it was handled as best as they could do, which was perfect. I also liked Bart's subplot, with his treehouse casino. Overall, it's not technically "perfect" as my score would indicate i think it is, but it is a great episode, full of some laughs and a good story, my overall grade for this is an A+moreless

Casino Royale

By sh811a, Mar 04, 2010

This is another episode I really like. It's was strangely prolific on the leagaling gambling because now we pritty much have casinos in just about every state. However it really satired on gambling addiction.

There are just lots of memorable and funny moments with this episode. Like that little subplot with Burns whom is psychologically deteriorated which parodies on Howard Hughes. One favorate moment was when Mr. Burns then holds a gun to Smithers to jump into a model plane, I can't help but wonder how the heck does he expect him to do that.

And another subplot with Bart creating a Casino of his own, what the heck their able to gamble with is anyones guess. But I liked the fact that he was able to get Robert Golet to his Casino which is funny. Late Great Robert Golet even though it was a cammeo role, he really did a good job he was in character and his presense make things all the more funny, loved what Nelson says to him, it always cracks me up.

Nelson: Your manager tells you to shut up!

We see what happens with Marge as she has litterally contracted a gambling addiction. I'll admit seeing what Marge is going though is a bit funny and sad at the same time because it's true, there are some people that can't tear away from the slot machines and are on them hours on end.

And as we see with her absence, things deteriorate at the Simpsons residence. Like Homer and the family mistakenly thing the Boogyman has invaded their house, and then we see them actually taking cover and Homer is pointing a gun and probably used it a few times. That was just funny and sort of a small parody on slasher films.

The best part for me was in the final minutes, which weren't just funny but demonstrated that Homer does truely care for his daughter.

We see the costume he has constructed for Lisa which unfortunately isn't very good but hey at least he tried. Lisa cries because Marge broke her promise to her, this then makes Homer sad and he then says my favorate monalogue in this episode which is hillarous and just comic gold.

Homer: Your mother has became a victim of the gambling monster, I call him Gamblore, and it's time to rescue her from his neon claws!

And then we see an action like sequence Homer searching for Marge while destroying everything in his path, well not exactly more like just random acts which make it all the more funny. I can't help but feel that moment kinds is a parody on action films where the hero would sometimes go from point A to B while shooting, punching and kicking the enimies that just pop out or are stationed at certain places along the hero's path.

You'll definately get your money's worth with this episode.moreless

At a Town Hall meeting, Mayor Quimby tells those attending that Springfield is broke. Seymour Skinner suggests legalized gambling as a way to generate revenue. Mr. Burns jumps at the opportunity and opens a casino. Bart soon opens one of his own.

By meathead704, Sep 07, 2009

In his review meatboys said that the title of this episode is too long. Apparently the producers agree. In the season five DVD set, the episode is listed only as "Springfield." This episode ranks a very close second to "Cape Feare" on the list of the funniest episodes of the season. There are many reasons why, the very clever dialogue, Mr. Burns Howard Hughes-like descent into madness to Homer's feeble attempts at blackjack dealing. What I also liked about this episode is that fact that it was not predicatble. Watching where the various stories went was entertaining. Strong, funny episode.moreless

The kind of humor in this is episode gets me hooked on the Simpsons. It is episodes like this that make it exactly why I watch this series...

By Iverson82094, Jan 23, 2008

When gambling is legalized in Springfield, Mr. Burns opens an extravagant casino on the boardwalk. Homer is hired as a blackjack dealer despite his counting difficulties and Marge finds herself drawn to the slots, where she begins to spend all of her time. Meanwhile, cashing in on the trend, Bart opens his own casino in his treehouse. Luckily, Bart escapes the same fate as Mr. Burns, who starts to go crazy from owning a casino. Shut up in his sterile penthouse suite, Burns stop cutting his nails and hair and starts wearing tissue boxes as slippers. Down on the casino level, Homer must force Marge to give up her slot machine addiction.moreless

By heylin_prince, Oct 13, 2007

no lisa the only monster is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother i call him gamblor lol one of the most funniest quotes in the series not to mention the rainman pun and also homer's fear of the boogeyman bart i hate to alarm you but there may be boogeyman or boogymen in this house mwahaha rofl rofl ..... roflmho anyways this is my third favorite episode ( homer's enemy first homer's phobia second) rhis is a good episdoe a must see ..... one more time no lisa the only monster is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother i call him gamblor lol roflmoreless

To help the economy Springfield legalizes gambling. Homer gets a job at the casino, Marge becomes an addict, and Mr. Burns becomes oddly similar to Howard Hughes.

By nercirus, Apr 23, 2007

This is truly one of the best episodes of the Simpsons. It has so much replay value and the jokes really do not get old. I also love the deleted scene where James Bond loses because Homer deals him a joker and then the card with the rules for poker. It really is one of those great episodes where there is just great joke after great joke after great joke. I'll never forget the boogey man scare at the Simpson house or Homer's line "I call him Gamblor." Another great moment I'll never forget from this episode is when Homer talks gibberish to Marge and she tells him to slow down and so he just speaks gibberish slower!moreless

Funniest episode of the series.

By chovez, Apr 20, 2007

This episode has to be the funniest episode of the decade. But I at least laughed out LOUD. Mr. Burns and his little wooden plane, I just cracked up so bad at this:

Mr. Burns: We gonna take the Spruce Goose, Smithers. Hop in.

Smithers: But sir I-

Mr Burns: (pulls out a gun) I said hop in.

And Mr. Burns just looked terrible wich made me laugh more. Other than that, the moments where Barney appeared were also very funny. When Homer "tries" to remember what Marge said, was hilarious when he imagines himself with huge arms, a crocodile in suit, Marge with green hair, and the walls multicoloured. Bart and his treehouse club.

Marge was addicted to the gambling, she spent 3 whole days playing non-stop, and Homer is at home trying to make Marge's work. She failed to Lisa with her disguise. But in the end her problem is solved. I cried with it, I just did. Of the laughter of course!moreless

You have a gambing problem!

By ozziefan, Jan 19, 2006

Yes Marge has a gambing problem! That is her flaw and Homer doesn't miss his chance to make fun of her.

The best part of this episode is where Homer is going through all off his flaws which mean nothing because "Marge has a gambling problem!"

Its a fantastic scene and this is a fantastic episode. Watching Mr Burns slowly go insane because of a lack of sleep was another highlight.

Load More Reviews