Treehouse of Horror III

Episode Reviews (17)

By futuramarama, Jan 10, 2010

The Simpsons have a Halloween party and tell 3 stories:

Clown Without Pity- For Bart's birthday, Homer needs to get him a present at the last minute because he forgot. He ends up getting a Krusty Doll that is seemingly evil and wants to kill Homer.

King Homer- A parody of King Kong. Not my favorite, it is actually my least favorite. Not very funny.

Dial Z For Zombies- Bart raises the undead and now the Simpsons need to get rid of all the zombies before it is too late.

The first and last segments are the best but the third is weak IMOmoreless

"The Simpsons" continues its annual Halloween tradition with the third installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

By meathead704, Oct 19, 2009

In my opinion, this episode is the best of the "Treehouse of Horror" series since the original. There are a number of reasons for that. Having the episode set during a Halloween party is a great idea. Seeing who is dressed in what costume was hysterical in and of itself. Another great point about this episode is that all three stories work. The first story has a number of great laughs. "King Homer" is yet another great "Simpsons" parody (and has an ending scene you won't soon forget). The highlight of the third story was Bart reciting the hysterical spells.moreless

Awesome and funny

By Vaughn104, Mar 08, 2009

This is the 3rd treehouse of horror.This episode includes three stories as well of the other treehouses of horror. This one consists of, "Clown without Pity","King Homer" and finally, "Dial Z For Zombies" The first one (Clown without pity) is a parody of a twilight zone episode. King homer is a parody of King Kong and Dial Z for zombies is a parody of a Steven King Book. Now the episode is basically good but the best segment would have to be Clown without pity.King homer was funny and okay.Dial Z for Zombies is very strange and funny at the same time.I give this episode a 7 out of 10-VaughnD Productionsmoreless

This Halloween Special set a new high for the series with "True" Horror themed stories, like ZOMBIES!

By AdrenalinDragon, May 17, 2008

Whoa! This set a new quality of Halloween Specials. Two horror themed stories and one well written story. My favourite by far is Bart's zombie one because it was the one that felt the most like a Halloween story. All of them are excellent. The build up is that The Simpsons have a Halloween party in their house and they tell stories.

"Clown Without Pity"

Grade: A (2nd)

This one defined Horror and could be scary if you were younger. This is Lisa's story. It didn't really have that many jokes but definatly had that Halloween theming surrounding it. This one's one of the more memorable Halloween stories and as usual another Simpsons classic.

The story is about Homer getting Bart a present for his birthday. He buys him a Krusty doll. However, this is no ordinary doll! It tries to murder him with a knife! Marge gets worried that the doll is really trying to kill and and sends customer support in. It turns out that the doll's default setting was on "Evil" and not "Good". Once its switched the doll starts to be nice to Homer.

"King Homer"

Grade: B (3rd)

Not really into the Horror theming. This is Grampa's story. It's basically a Simpsons styled King Kong, with Homer being the star and Marge being the lead actress. Mr Burns and Smithers are also there. I'd say this is the weakest one out of the three but it's still pretty good. Has a strange ending as well (not a typical King Kong ending).

The story is about Marge, Mr Burns, and Smithers going to this island to find a large gorilla. They find him "King Homer" and Homer falls in love with Marge. Homer gets knocked out and sent to New York. He escapes and finds Marge and then they get married at the end.

"Dial "Z" For Zombies"

Grade: A* (1st)

The best story by far. This is Bart's story. It definatly has the Horror/Halloween theming inside and is easily one of my all-time favourites. This one has the most jokes and is the most developed story out of the three. I liked it when Bart goes "Dad you killed the zombie Flanders!" and then he says "He was a zombie?" lol. Loads of memorable moments and definatly a Halloween story you can't miss out on.

The story is about Bart, who finds a mysterious spell book in a school library. He goes to the graveyard with it and uses it to resurrect his old dead pet Snowball. However, he casts the wrong spell and resurrects the dead! Zombies start taking over Springfield and the Simpsons have to fight through them (Homer who's armed with a shotgun) and find the right spell book to reverse the spell. Bart and Lisa succeed and everything goes back to normal.

This really set a new high for Halloween Specials back in the days. I really liked this one, because it really defined what a Halloween Special is. It's a big favourite to lots of people and you can't miss this one out!moreless

My 100th Review! Woo-Hoo!

By exterminator25, Apr 08, 2008

Clown Without Pity - Homer forgets barts birthday and gets him a cursed Krusty doll that tries to kill Homer whenever he can *with hilarious outcomes* Homer then burys the Krusty Doll, but it comes back and Marge believes him. She calls the sompany and they switch the Krusty Doll from evil to good! King Homer - Marge is recruited on board Mr Burns' ship to go to Ape Island. Marge is offored as a sacrifice for Homer,. but he doesn't kill or eat her. Then he is captured and put on broadway. He escapes, kidnaps Marge and climbs the Empire State Building *but can't get past the 2nd floor* Marge then marries him.

Dial Z For Zombie - Bart needs to review another book for his book report, but accidently gets a supernatural book which he tries to use to raise snowball 1 from the grave but raises the dead! The family try to get to the libary with Homer killing Zombies along the way and they save the daymoreless

Treehouse of Horror does it again!!!

By Iverson82094, Jan 23, 2008

In this year's scarifying special, the Simpsons gather for a Halloween party and exchange ghost stories. In the first tale, told by Lisa, Homer buys Bart a talking Krusty doll with a few glitches: It tries to kill Homer with a knife and strangle him to death. No one believes that the doll is really trying to kill Homer, but when Marge calls the toy company's customer service numbers, it is revealed that the doll was accidentally set to 'evil' instead of 'good.' In the next story, told by Grandpa, Homer plays King Kong to Marge's Fay Wray. Mr. Burns plays a maniacal millionaire who plunders the jungle in search of mythical giant gorilla. The gorilla falls in love with the millionaire's beautiful assistant and carries her to the top of the Empire State building. After a messy confrontation with the army, the gorilla and the girl get married and live happily ever after. Finally, Bart tells a story in which a spell from a book of witchcraft bring Springfield's dead to life. The only thing that can send them back to their graves is the right spell.moreless

"He was a zombie?"

By sfan64, Oct 30, 2007

Here is my review for this funny episode of "The Simpsons". It's the third installment of the Treehouse Of Horror anthology that's been made for almost every season of the show. Anyway, the first segment of the episode (as told by Lisa) is called "Clown Without Pity", and it's about a doll of Krusty the Clown that Homer buys for Bart's birthday and it turns out to be evil; it tries to kill Homer until we see why it was evil (The switch on it's back was set to "evil"). The second segment (as told by Grampa) is called "King Homer", and it's mainly a Simpson version of the classic movie "King Kong" with Homer playing the giant ape and Marge playing the heroine. The third segment (as told by Bart) is called "Dial 'Z' For Zombies", and it's about Bart reciting a magic spell from an old book that awakens the dead, and some of the people of Springfield become zombies as well. This episode has one of my favorite quotes in the show, and I crack up each time I hear it:

Bart: "Dad! You killed the zombie Flanders!"

Homer: "He was a zombie?"

This is one of the best "Treehouse Of Horror" episodes ever made in the series, and it's absolutely hilarious to watch and enjoy.moreless

Very funny episode. Could of been better, but still good.

By starman100, Aug 04, 2007

"Clown Without Pity"

Very funny segment...there's not much more to say really. It's a very simple episode. 6.9/10

"King Homer"

Probably the most boring segment of any Treehouse.. episode. Probably only good if you've bothered to see the original King Kong film. But I haven't, and I might not bother to watch this segment again. Of course it isn't bad (No Simpson's episode from this season is), it's just not one of the best. 4.9/10

"Dial "Z" for Zombies"

Very entertaining. We finally get a rare insight into the death of 'Snowball I'. 7.1/10

It's good. Not the best Treehouse.. episode, but definitely not the worst.moreless

By TwoLines, Aug 22, 2006

Finnaly zombies ! I really like zombies and thats why I liked this episode more than those THOH before. The one with the clown was funny- and the conclussion made me laugh, the second one was avarage.. don't like king kong so.. But I loved the zombies- even more I loved Zombie Flanders ! That was rich- "Dad ! You killed the Zombie Flanders !" "He was a Zombie ?!". I loved that episode- worth a watch.

Load More Reviews