The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour

Show Reviews (6)

Great

I'd say "Bring it back!" but my favorite character has died between now and then.

By Dirk4MVP, Dec 03, 2007

Its true. Sonny, Cher's ex-husband, (not putting the ex- on husband since he's dead, she really divorced with him) died in a skiing accident after their shows ended. So now you know why I can't put "Bring It Back!" int he classification box. I am sad.

This is another show of short skits, except, this show is an hour unlike two other newer skit shows, All That and The Amanda Show in which they are only thirty minutes. So of course, we had more enjoyment watching this as Sonny and Cher would make me roll on the floor laughing out very loud, or ROTFLOVL. Sure, I added the "very" in there, but who cares?

Sonny was my favorite character, although he got picked on a lot by Cher. Cher wasn't my favorite character because she always picked on my favorite character. She would always say he was short despite the fact they were both the same height. Idiot. :P

Don't have much to say about the skits except that I enjoy almost all of them, and same way with the episodes.moreless

I love it!!!

By hobotycoon, Nov 20, 2006

Bring it back!!! This show was completely hilarious and enjoyable for the whole family. Sonny played as the comical, comedian on the show that always made me want to burst my bubbles. Then there is now-days sixty year old Cher who was funny and always teasing Sonny on the show. She remains to be singing today and I enjoy her music. Sadly after the show canceled they got divorced, but what only happened a few years ago, Sonny died in a car crash. And, I'm crying right now.

Anyway, my mom just bought some of the episodes of this very unique and classic show a week or two ago and I'm enjoying it truely.

And let us not forget about their cute little daughter who was always funny, just like any other very young actress.moreless

What a great duo.

By RGEddy58, Aug 11, 2006

Wow didn't realize the Sonny and Cher show what that long ago. It was one of my favorite comedy shows of all time, second to Carol Burnett Show. The guests they had on the show were always funny. The way Cher cracked on Sonny and then when he "tried" getting her back was the bomb. They sure didn't act on stage like they did off, and I'm glad. I'm just sorry they didn't stay together, but Cher out grew what Son wanted to do. They were great in their time and they will surely be missed on TV. I wonder where I can find DVDs of the show.moreless

The first run at a varitey show for theses two. it was fairly sucsessful.

By LostShield, Jun 26, 2006

The first run at a varitey show for theses two. it was fairly sucsessful. Other than that, just another 70's comedy show, this one featuring the singing duo of Sonny and Cher. Sonny and Cher were a big hit as a singing duo in the 1960's. They went through a couple very public rough patches including a nasty divorce. They patched things up good enough to do a variety show together and it was a big hit. The show included sketch comedy and musical performances. Away from the show the two had much success with their music recording. Sonny went on to be come a Republican Congressman from California until his untimely death in a skiing accident. Cher continued her singing career and even moved into acting where she won an Oscar for her performance in "Moonstruck." It was pretty fun to watch at the time. Not sure what it would feel like today. probably pretty silly.

moreless

Hilarious!

By BornToHum, Aug 12, 2005

This show is amazing. I am a big fan of Sonny and Cher, and when I saw that the show came out on DVD, I had to buy it. Anyone who hasn't experienced watching this show should. This show has the ability to spark the attention of every generation. "The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour" will leave you with a smile on your face.

Zany and funny!

By jkdowney, Aug 03, 2005

Okay, so no one will ever accuse the Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour of being the slickest variety show ever produced, but that's part of its charm. Good-natured Sonny Bono always set himself up as a buffoon, always prepared himself to be taken down by Cher's dead-pan straight lines. This was a fun-loving Sonny & Cher, before the bitter divorce battles and public airing of dirty laundry. The show left us with quite a few great memories - Cher's great Bob Mackie gowns, the weekly "Vamp" sketches, the character of "Laverne", and a whole host of renowned guest stars ranging from Ronald Reagan to Carol Burnett to the Jackson Five. Who can ever forget the closing sequence either, when they would bring daughter Chastity out to join them in the closing of each show with their hit tune, "I Got You Babe"? They had fun with that show, and I'm glad to see many episodes are finally being released on DVD.moreless