Warning: These Five New Teasers for The Strain Are Creepy and Gross (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 20, 2014

FX has a pretty good-looking summer programming slate lined up for the coming months, but the network is clearly banking on its newest drama The Strain becoming its next big thing after last summer's The Bridge straddled the border between greatness and crazypants. Based on a trilogy of books by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, the del Toro-created Strain centers on a viral outbreak in New York City that looks a hell of a lot like vampirism.

The folks over in the FX promotional department must be working overtime, because the network has released five new teasers ahead of the series' July 13 premiere. There's not much to them, but I think we may have found that jar of hearts Christina Perri was so upset about about a few summers ago. And while I'm not sure any of these new clips can top the recent one that presumably features a pimp throwing candy into the street, they're still delightfully disturbing and worth checking out...

Splatter

Warning

Beware

Watch Your Step

Heart

Which of these teasers is your favorite? Will you be watching The Strain?

• Comments (22)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • judithkoning33 May 31, 2014

Congo can watch it actually. Not from Congo either ;-p

• JacquelineMcN May 27, 2014

not available in my country...come on im in the uk not the congo....

• NeeUyank May 29, 2014

so it would have been OK if you were from Congo but it is not OK because you're from UK? why exactly? what makes you guys more superior than to people of Congo, especially when it comes to video viewership??? (I am not from either of these countries but this level of self-entitlement is really, really annoying!)

• ted2332 May 20, 2014

Awesome, it looks as scary as the books.
    People had better watch this show I want to see it completed.
    I am already getting a The Walking Dead level of obsession with this show and its not even on yet :)

• KayWatkins May 20, 2014

Heck yeah I will! I wonder if it'll stay true to how the book series ended!

• LydiaWilson1 May 20, 2014

• esthermiller01 Jun 19, 2014

Yeah! This one played in my country! Obviously it was not enough to help me make up my mind, but my curiosity is peaked.

• mjpd1 May 20, 2014

Definitely can't wait. I'm halfway through book three at the moment, and it's been a great series so far. Hoping the tv series does it justice.

• Sanity_Bleeds May 20, 2014

I'm only about 1/3 of the way through book 3 myself now. Book 2 almost turned me away from the series with all it's nonsense, but 3 has been one hell of a ride so far!

• chrishuffman1671 May 20, 2014

Didn't find them creepy or gross, but I will say this...I'm tired of teasers I just want to see some actual footage of the show! =P
    Darn thing premieres in like 2 months and all I've seen are teasers and a couple of pictures.

• FlorBlyth May 20, 2014

Warning: These Five New Teasers forThe Strain Are Creepy and Gross (VIDEO) are not available for you to watch if you don't live in the US...

• et3rnIT May 20, 2014

are they not available on YouTube ?

• NeeUyank May 24, 2014

No, not all of them.. I think Heart is available and the candy version.. but not the rest..

• FlorBlyth May 22, 2014

That wasn't the point, sigh...

• et3rnIT May 26, 2014

I hear you, tried something yesterday and almost head butted my monitor....

• TracyTrouble May 20, 2014

I can't wait, can't wait - CAN'T WAIT! *impatiently fidgets around*

• VageSjaak May 20, 2014

The uploader bla bla bla aaaaargh. Crap site.

• traylaparc May 20, 2014

Google the add on Hola, will sort that out :)

• AngelBaby May 20, 2014

Yes. Hola is AWESOME and you can watch anything from anywhere and the best part is no bothersome ads :)

• traylaparc May 20, 2014

This comment has been removed.

• See More Comments (2)