Tick, The (Animated)

Show Reviews (32)

Great

All I need say is "SPOON!!"

By blosos, Dec 06, 2008

It was beyond my comprehension when it first came out, but since I have gotten wiser with as I have come to appreciate it more. Mocking versions of basically every super hero. Indestructible idiot for the main character. Why this was a kids show I do not know because although I liked it at the time my understanding of the show was limited, much like when I was young watching Seinfeld. Arthur, Deflatter Mouse, American Maid all these characters and more made it great, it even had story continuity showing where the moon was written on by a laser in all episodes following that one.moreless

This cartoon broke the mold of superhero shows.

By stitch069917, May 20, 2008

"The Tick" broke the mold for superhero shows. It was very odd and wacky. The characters were very original and extremely crazy in a good way. The Tick is a superhero with super strength and agility, but a little short on brains. Aurthur is his side kick, The Human Moth, who used to be an accountant who dreamed of being a superhero. The Tick and Arthur run into each other and Aurthur becomes the unwilling side kick. They meet several other oddball superheros as they go about their daily task of protecting The City from evildoers. This show was hilarious. I wish it hadn't gotten canceled.moreless

One Very Odd But Cool Show

By MrFantastic500, Jun 09, 2007

The Tick was very odd but one awesome show. A funny action comedy animated show. The Tick was simply about heros who were lazy and lame yet cool. They never really did much still enough. The villains were all very creative and cool. It was a original show. The show did not last too long cause of its oddity. It lasted longer than the live version as that was a flop. U cant compare it to the cartoon as it was excellent. Always a crazy cool show that was a blast to watch. The best thing about the show was it was funny and strange. In the end a very cool cartoon that got screwed.moreless

A screamingly funny send-up of the superhero genre! The clueless yet profound Tick, his harried sidekick Arthur trying to pay the bills and deal with his sister who just doesn't understand...

By thebowies, Apr 10, 2007

I have to say this was brilliant! It was on at 8:30 in the morning when I was in college, we would get up early Saturday mornings to watch it, then go back to sleep! The Tick and his wonderful seemingly inane commentary, but if you think about it, he's reallly deep! I loved the parodies of classic superheroes like Der Fledermaus and American Maid, but the others were great, too, from Sewer Urchin and the Human Bullet, to the little-seen Bi-Polar Bear!

And the villains! The Breadmaster! El Seed & his cornfield army! I liked how there was continuity in this show, not something you usually see in animation. Like the C H A that was in the moon right from the time Chairface Chippendale carved his initials into in, and that continuity continued right up to when Omnipotus took a bite out of the moon! There was a later episode with some background music, the song was 'I'll Take A Bite Out of The Moon For You!'

Just a great show, I missed it & of course I own it on DVD now! The FOX TV live-action series was okay, brilliant casting of Patrick Warburton as the Tick, he nailed it, but that's another site!moreless

Very Creative & Cool

By MrBond5000, Feb 16, 2007

The Tick was a funny cartoon. It had action and comedy. Two super heros who were lame but cool. The Tick & Arthur who was not even a real super hero. They always fought weird villians who were cool. U also had American Maid,Die Fledermaus & Sewer Urchin. They were also like lame and never did much but were cool. The show was always odd,funny and creative. It didnt last long simply cause it was odd and i dont think people got it. Lasted longer than the live version as it was not very good and the cartoon was better but got so screwed. My favorite thing about the show was the characters and the comedy. In the end,a great odd ball show that did not get its due but has it fans.moreless

Quote: "And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit."

By nobeaner, Jan 08, 2007

This show was definitely ahead of its time. The comedy that it delivered was wry and tongue and cheek with over the top slap stick hilarity. The Tick is just a big dumb oaf but with the ability to articulate his stupidity in a sensible way that doesn't come off as another neanderthal grunting. If you think about it, Arthur as the forelorn side kick stuck watching over The Tick, can be compared to any office worker that is constantly pulling their boss out of the fire. More often than not, the boss says ore does something that the office worker has to fix or repair. But in the end its the Boss that nabs the glory. And despite this one sided relationship, the office worker sticks by the boss because inside they are a good person.

But maybe The Tick said it better: "I hate broccoli, and yet, in a certain sense, I am broccoli."moreless

Quote:

Quote:

UHHHHHHHHHHHH?

By siversonicboom, Dec 03, 2006

What can I say. It\'s a darn good show that Feels alot like Bo-Bo-Bo. I have a feeling that if this had been a show that came out a few years later, it would have lasted longer. I still watch it on toon disney when its on and I wish there were more episodes. It had alot of funny moments and I can see how it got cancelled being on fox and all.

Load More Reviews