Gramma

Episode Reviews (3)

Mediocre
5.9

Little boy left alone with his grandma who turns out to be much more than an old lady.

By twilightboy, Jan 02, 2013

Yeah, this is the kind of episode i love. Poor George, all alone at home while his mother is gone, only to find out that his grandmother is an old powerful witch who is going to end up devouring him.

I like the parts where George talks to himself and has conversations about what to do next. The house looks also very spooky and that helps to create an ambient for the show to be experienced in.

The ending was kind of expected for I knew this was based on a Stephen King's short story, so it is kind of given that a monster is going to eat someone up.moreless

By thefanof, Jun 16, 2011

I am a fan of sci-fi television, I am a fan of all of The Twilight Zones, but this episode was kind of weird. The idea behind a monster grandma is perfect and you have to feel that the 1959 version of this show would have done a better job than this incarnation. In fact, I couldn't even really see the monster, which I think was "borrowed" from some book anyway. The directing was really bush-league even by 1985 standards and the premise itself was weak. Everyone knew the kid would be in the form of his grandmother when the mother did in fact return.

Don't let this deter you from watching more Twilight Zone version 2.0 episodes. Hey, it wasn't all bad, but a promising premise was foiled by bad directing and effects here tonight.moreless