A World of His Own

Episode Reviews (6)

Superb

making my night peacefull and not lonely

By 0ptixkhaos, Mar 22, 2014

thanks for letting me watch SO MUCH twilight zone! always awesome episodes. i dont mind the commericials ! this website is the best!

Man finds himself in a place he doesn't recall and no ones around.

By leebrown1990, Nov 13, 2009

I can see already why this is the classic. The cinematography was phenomenal, the use of shadow, the way they framed the chracter to make him looked trapped, but showed that 'box' in a wide open space. Really clever stuff, and all linked to the final twist, which isn't the kind of shock like you'd get from an EC comic, it's been subtely hinted at throughout. Truely unerving storyline and shocking ending, perfect Sci-Fi ending in that it asks as mnay questions as it answers. Perhaps a bit slow at times, but added to the feeling of seclusion so I can easily let it go, as it gave me time (30mins I didn't think would be enough)to really invest in the chracter

Top notch.moreless

Absolutely Fantastic!

By LOSTismylife, Dec 31, 2007

In my opinion, A World Of His Own, is a very wonderful and memorable classic episode of The Twilight Zone. The plot was outstanding; I just love the story. It's always been one that interests me. And I love the ending; it's one of the coolest endings to an episode, because it's just so different. This, to my knowledge, is the only episode in which Rod Serling actually interacts with the characters. It was so cool that he had the conversation with Mr. West. I loved it when Mr West burnt the tape and Rod disappeared saying, "Well that's the way it goes." And then his closing narraration ends with, "Leaving Mr. Gregory West, still shy, quiet, very happy-and apparently in complete control of the Twilight Zone." This will always be a memorable episode for me.moreless

I Love This Episode!

By The7thDoctor, Nov 27, 2005

This is my all-time favorite episode of the entire series. I absolutely love it. It is the one and only episode that not only has a happy ending, it has a FUNNY ending. There are maybe a couple other episodes that have a happy ending, but this one is by far the best of them all.

I tell people about this one all the time, and whenever I do, they discover that they've never seen it.

I wish Sci-Fi Channel would air it in its entirety, but no such luck. I'd love to be able to get it on video, but it's on a DVD with two or three episodes that are not on my list of favorites.

I still watch it every chance I get, and I eagerly await the Sci-Fi Channel Marathon whenever they show it and include this one.moreless

By kpride7290, Aug 16, 2005

Very very good episode, I think one of the best. One of the better stories as well. The interaction with the main charecter and the host was a good idea, and I like the use of the tape recorder. She was an idea, they all were, makes you wonder if we are too...