Come Wander with Me

Episode Reviews (4)

Fair

screwup epsiode

By noman, Aug 22, 2014

Apparently years before the in another life the singer and the girl eloped until he killed another suitor and then was killed by the vengeful suitor family. Apparently all the charcthers in this story have to relive their lives over and over...

An aspiring singer meets a mysterious young girl whose singing a song he wants to own.

By marvelfan89, Jul 14, 2006

Partly mysterious and partly played for laughs in my opinion, it's not my favorite Twilight Zone episode for many reasons. It's far too predictable and the ending with Floyd Burney (Gary Crosby) is seen a mile away. However, it's one of those dreamlike episodes where things happen as one person puts it down on paper that is interesting.

Floyd meets Mary Racheal a mysterious girl singing a song he likes. The song however as things start to happen (the local gang of men who come after Floyd) starts shifting lyrics which really freak out Floyd. As the songs predicts his death and Mary Racheal's world, we know even worse things will happen. As mentioned not my favorite , a very predictable episode that was at times silly but an entertaining episode.moreless

Different, in a mysterious way that sticks with you.

By RettMikhal, May 09, 2006

Come Wander With Me starts with a music artist looking for a new song, and ending up stuck in a small rural county town. He meets a girl named Mary Rachel, who has the voice of an angel and a sad/sweet song to go with it.

The county folk don\'t take kindly to the artist and come after him, to which he accidentally kills one. He\'s shocked that the tape he made of Mary has changed, to include new lyrics about the killing. He asks her how it got there, and she says it is the way the song goes, and it has always gone that way. The town comes after the artist, all the while Mary sings the song.

Come Wander With Me is a different episode of Twilight Zone in the waning days of the end of a generation. Twilight Zone is known for the formula of throwing in a mystery and revealing it with a twist in the end. Come Wander With Me differs, the mystery is never really resolved. Who exactly are these people, and why does the song control them? Who is Mary Rachel supposed to be?

It\'s this open ending that sticks with me. This is my favorite Twilight Zone episode because of the number of questions it leaves behind. It\'s strangely appropriate this was the last Twilight Zone episode filmed. And Bonnie Beecher\'s voice is unforgettable. I find it strange she never did much more.

He said; Come Wander With Me.

moreless