I Shot an Arrow into the Air

Episode Reviews (6)

Great

A fantastic tale about Malthusian measures, and irrational rationality

By alainditlecycliste, Apr 16, 2014

This is a fantastic tale against the Malthusian ideas, and similar decision to sacrify few humans to save the group.

If you can do that at the last minute, when deaths it staring at you in the eyes, don't do that using prediction model, deciding to let people die, to kill them, to same "the planet", "the group" "the nation"...

you never know is behind the dune there is a surprise.

This episode inspired me, and make me resist to current fashion.

And guess what ? I have seen beyond the dune, and yes we are saved, once again.moreless

telephone polls

By jdog2309, Jun 29, 2012

if only that dumb ass cory had waited they couldve all lived

absurd premise

By OmarCayenne, Oct 30, 2011

The actual adventure part of the story is quite good. Unfortunately, the whole thing crashes and burns at the end with the ridiculous twist. I mean, any group of astronauts who can't figure out that they're back on earth pretty much deserve to die, in my book.

Wonderfully written!

By Jasmine_92, Sep 25, 2007

I Shot An Arrow Into The Air is one of my favorite episodes of The Twilight Zone. Like all Twilight Zone episodes it has a surprising twist at the end. Personally this is one of my favorite endings to an episode. I just never ever expected it. It was such a big shocker to find out that they had actually still been on the earth the whole entire time. I loved the guys reaction when he discovered what had happened. And then seeing the sign and the telephone poles at the very end. Truly awesome! And I love the little rhyme that goes along with the title:

"I shot an arrow into the air It fell to earth, I know not where."

I supposed this shoud have been a big clue to the ending! Anyways I love and truly enjoy everytime I get to see this episode.moreless

A classic twist

By zone46, Nov 26, 2005

This is one of the greats. Three astronauts crash land on an asteroid, and after mistrust sets in, paranoid Corey kills the other two. The second, however, draws a figure in the sand before he dies. Corey then discovers a gas station over a hill and realizes they had landed in the Nevada desert the whole time. The other astronaut had drawn the powerlines in the sand. Definately a classic.