I Shot an Arrow into the Air

Episode Reviews (6)

Great

A fantastic tale about Malthusian measures, and irrational rationality

By alainditlecycliste, Apr 16, 2014

This is a fantastic tale against the Malthusian ideas, and similar decision to sacrify few humans to save the group.

If you can do that at the last minute, when deaths it staring at you in the eyes, don't do that using prediction model, deciding to let people die, to kill them, to same "the planet", "the group" "the nation"...

you never know is behind the dune there is a surprise.

This episode inspired me, and make me resist to current fashion.

And guess what ? I have seen beyond the dune, and yes we are saved, once again.moreless

telephone polls

By jdog2309, Jun 29, 2012

if only that dumb ass cory had waited they couldve all lived

absurd premise

By OmarCayenne, Oct 30, 2011

The actual adventure part of the story is quite good. Unfortunately, the whole thing crashes and burns at the end with the ridiculous twist. I mean, any group of astronauts who can't figure out that they're back on earth pretty much deserve to die, in my book.

Amazing twist at the end!!!

By LOSTismylife, Feb 20, 2011

This episode is one of my favorite episodes of The Twilight Zone. I never ever expected it to end the way it did. Where did Rod Serling come up with this stuff!? He's a genius! At the end where the guy sees the telephone poles, my mouth was literally hanging wide open. That was so good! I just couldn't believe it! The whole time I, along with the three men in the episode, thought they were on an asteroid. And then it turns out that they hadn't even made it off the earth. This is truly a series classic .moreless

A classic twist

By zone46, Nov 26, 2005

This is one of the greats. Three astronauts crash land on an asteroid, and after mistrust sets in, paranoid Corey kills the other two. The second, however, draws a figure in the sand before he dies. Corey then discovers a gas station over a hill and realizes they had landed in the Nevada desert the whole time. The other astronaut had drawn the powerlines in the sand. Definately a classic.