Third From the Sun

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Kitschy Yet Clever

By tea62, Mar 22, 2014

The special effects were awful, even for 1960. And the struggle-for-the-gun scene was atrociously amateurish. the story kept me in suspense and I liked the ending. Honestly, I thought it was going to end differently.

Two men who work at a power plant know that the world is about to end in an up-coming nuclear war. They have the idea to take a spaceship and try to leave the planet before it happens.

By Oracle2127, Aug 16, 2005

The episode starts off with two men who work at a power plant, discussing the fate of the world. They know that in about 48 hours, the world will be in a nuclaer war, that will destroy the planet.

They go home to their families and try to stay calm. The episode only takes us to the one of the men's home, William Sturka. There he tells his wife and daughter that they only have 48 hours.

What comes to a surprise is that William and his friend from the power plant have known about this for months and have a plan of their own. They have been testing a spaceship and have begun to look for life out side thier own planet. Amazingly, they have found life on a near by planet and hope to escape to it, when the war strikes.

I find it odd, however that later on in the episode the two men and their wives are sitting around playing cards. Like they have nothing better to do. Suddenly, an old freind drops by from the place where they work. He drops very big hints that he knows about the other two men's attempt to leave the planet.

Once he leaves, everyone springs into action and leaves in a hurry to get to the spaceship. It's hard for them to get on, due to secruity. When hey get on, and everything goes smoothly.

Then there is the shocker: the planet that they are headed is called Earth! The whole time, you automatically expect that the planet in the nuclear war is Earth. In this episode Earth is the planet of hope.moreless