The Untouchables (1993)

Show Reviews (5)

Good
7.7

Search for Untouchables 90s show on youtube for a clip.

By DJ_Wilkins, Oct 23, 2006

A brilliant show. Elliot Ness taking on Al Capone through the complex underworld of 1920s Chicago, using the press, raw force and even the unintentional involvement of one's family! A very well written, produced and directed show. Great stories and engaging relationships. Very powerful and provacative. Booze, woman... other well-known gangster having turf wars with Capone over Chicago (based on actual events from the twenties) stepping in here and there. Highly compelling entertainment. Only lasted for two seasons. But what a two seasons they were! Would make for a great two part DVD set. First season ends with Capone getting arrested for possession of a weapon, a sacrifice he willingly makes (a setup) in order to appease the other heads of the criminal family/network across the nation by playing down the heat he has been drawing from the press in Chicago (bodies in the streets - the violentine's day massacre) - what many said was "bad for business" and "too messy." Ness finds out and moves in for the kill by convincing a good judge to claim jurisdiction over Capone's case in place of a soft "bought and paid for" judge who would have only given Capone a month or so in prison. He gets put away for the maximine sentence of one full year. Ness confronts him as he is cuffed and escorted out of the court room which is a really rich and gripping scene in that Capone really has no idea how much of his personal "business troubles" have been orchestrated by Ness... until now.

Season two sees Capone both in and out of prison. While away other prominent criminal organizations trying to move in on his turf and organization. His loyalists on the outside. His journey on the inside. Eventually Capone is back on the scene. Many interesting plot twists. Just as Capone begins taking an interest in politics, the feds get a hold of his book keeper and are able to arrrest him on charges of tax evasion. A great historic irony for one believed to be responsible for the deaths of so many, an illegal drug trafficing organization, illegal gambling circles, prostitution and much more.

Great great Show.

Let's get some DVDs soon.moreless

By WhiteRyu, Jun 18, 2006

I started watching The Untouchables (1993) with the Pilot, and I thought it was good. Over time, my love for the show could only grow. By the end of the first season, I was obsessed and tried to hook everyone I could find to watch with me. Everyone that agreed ended up loving the show, and their reasons were varied.

Pulled way, way, too soon!

By JPPT1974, May 04, 2006

The show was a lot more riding on emotions IMO

And that the actor playing Elliott Ness was a more

Sensitive and understanding human being and loving husband and a father

Unlike Robert Stack's unemotional and kind of cocky and arrogant original portrayal

Look also for a young and still handsome David James Elliott

Before making it big on JAG! Great show just pulled way, way, too soon!

Ahead of its time. The show was cancelled too soon. It would have been great to see how Ness and Capone handled their lives after Capone was arrested and sent to Alcatraz. This was another example of a show whose true greatness was not recognized until i

By Jeremy1Esq, Jun 28, 2005

This in my opinion was far better then the movie that came out 5 years earlier. You got more information on the characters and the stories that did not involve the guns and the alcohol were just as impressive as the stories that centered on the general understanding of what went on during that period.