Check Out These New Trailers for The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, and The Tomorrow People

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 30, 2013

It's nearly time for the fall TV season to begin. You can tell because the networks are all rolling out new promos for their returning series. The CW has already released a couple, including one for Season 5 of The Vampire Diaries (premiering October 3), featuring a human Katherine and a happy Damon and Elena. 

While we're always excited to see what new horror will befall Mystic Falls, we're more excited by this humorously edited promo for The CW's new Wednesday night block featuring Arrow and The Tomorrow People, aptly nicknamed Amell Wednesdays (series stars Stephen and Robbie Amell are cousins). Arrow, returning for Season 2, and the new series The Tomorrow People both premiere October 9

One final request: If the Amell family has any other good-looking men who can act, please kindly point them in the direction of The CW. A girl could get used to this.

• Comments (45)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • lsbloom Sep 02, 2013

TVD is hilarious the minute I see Stefan/Silas, I'm like, d@)*# dopplegangers. I love it when Daman gets in my brain and says my frustrations for me.

• Gizma Sep 01, 2013

Just sexy Damon. Damon's sarcasm, jokes... I can't wait !

• Chocolatier Sep 01, 2013

Damn those amells ;)

• nezmoi Aug 31, 2013

I loved the Comic Con trailer of TVD.... looks like Season 5 is going to be alot of fun with Damon getting the girl he has loved, Silas being the super new guy wonder wat Klaus has got planned for him..... Well all I can say is i cant wait for October 3rd.......

• Hutchy_TVSeries Aug 31, 2013

These are looking great! I can't wait! :)

• Savvytvfan91 Aug 31, 2013

So in the Arrow/The Tomorrow People trailer Oliver said to Thea "I got to go save the city" or something like that... So does Thea know he is The Hood or is it a general thing that a guy might say to his sister or DOES SHE KNOW HE IS ARROW!!!!

• tnetennba Aug 31, 2013

He's being fake sarcastic. If your brother says that he flew to Bangkok to get the thai food he's eating, you would assume that he's kidding. But if the two of you are characters on a TV show, the viewers will go "tee hee that's funny because he DID fly to Bangkok and Savvytvfan91 has no idea".

I think it's a safe bet that if Thea knew, the writers *wouldn't* have him say that.

• Aesandil Aug 31, 2013

Still can't get used to these October premieries.

• Ralike Aug 31, 2013

I can't wait the vampire diaries and arrow had explosive great season finales I know both premieres are gonna be crazy

• LawrenceSmith3 Aug 31, 2013

Why in the heck is it starting in October??

• alcalde Aug 31, 2013

It's not the first time the CW has done this. No one's going to be paying attention to the CW anyway, so they sit out the traditional premiere weeks. Then they debut their stuff once everyone else has gotten theirs out of the way. It also means less repeats.

• LawrenceSmith3 Sep 04, 2013

Makes sense. smh. I hate waiting.

• Dre5d Aug 31, 2013

Arrow ended so abruptly but i still cant wait for season 2 and the tomorrow people. Call it action wednesday!!!!!

• See More Comments (8)