Memorial

Episode Reviews (11)

Great

help!!!

By lizbethlovess, Jan 04, 2013

where can i watch this for free!?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

By baylee_RAWR, Dec 08, 2012

where can I watch this for free?

Memorial

By TrueTvWatcher, Oct 21, 2012

Memorial was a perfect episode of The Vampire Diaries and I really enjoyed watching because the story was well written, intriguing and suspenseful. This series has nothing on Buffy The Vampire Slayer or Angel even though it has more scenes with skin and naked actors. I liked the story lines and the over all production of the episode along with the music. There was action, suspense, intrigue, drama and many layers of character development. It was so touching to see how Caroline forcefully stopped Elena from giving in at the church. The ending was surprising and unexpected and I wonder what it means. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!moreless

Damon the baby sitter!!!! Totally True!

By MargoLynDeLan, Oct 21, 2012

I have to say the episode was not very good but the last scene where Damon has a heart to heart with his recently deceased bestee Alarick (is that how you spell it) was a very good scene - best scene in any season and it would stand up to critics in any show -the acting was perfect and the scene was solid and perfectly believable.I really don't get why these hundred year old men are so googoo about a teenager though. They should give Damon his own show. Kill off Elena already!!!moreless

Miss you too, buddy... :(

By junkie036, Oct 19, 2012

Can I just say, for what feels like the millionth time, how much I adore Damon? He is just too awesome for words. I'm sure I'll mention it at least four more times in the course of this.

We were introduced to a couple of new characters tonight. We met April, daughter of Pastor Young, and an intense new vampire hunter to shake things up. However, before we got to any of that, we were treated to Elena's first hunt. Stefan and Damon, of course, were in disagreement about her diet. Stefan was all for Bambi, while Damon was a little more realistic about it. I'm definitely more in favour of Damon ripping the band aid off over babying her as Stefan seems to be so good at. Can I just say that Elena's compassion being magnified will be very annoying this season? She cried over eating Bambi, and she didn't even kill him! I can't even imagine what's going to happen when she kills an actual person That said, the moment between Caroline and Elena as Caroline convinced her she couldn't feed on April was great! I love that they're all dedicated to helping her transition.

One thing I definitely loved about this episode was Elena turning to Damon for help when she couldn't keep the blood down. At least she still trusts him. On some level, I think she knew that Damon would understand her difficulties, and wouldn't judge her for needing human blood. Not that Stefan would, but she probably felt like she would be disappointing him. I liked that Damon tried to feed her himself before going to human blood, and I don't think he did it to mess around with her relationship with Stefan. He cares about her, and maybe this was his way of trying to respect her decision to try not drinking human blood. I absolutely loved how caring he was with her in this episode. She didn't need Stefan being his usual self. She needed someone who wouldn't make a big deal of it, like Damon. He was gentle and sweet when he needed to be, even after she accused him of blowing up the Council.

Speaking of the Council, their deaths brought a whole new level of vampire hunter to Mystic Falls. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped both times he shot Tyler. And the fact that Damon couldn't kill him? Damon's the best of the group at murdering people, and he couldn't succeed? This guy is definitely a force to be reckoned with. From strange wooden bullets that burn to the touch, to gloves thatwere perhaps steeped in vervain, he knows what he's doing, and I want to know more. Especially about that strange tattoo only Jeremy could see and the letter to April proclaiming that a greater evil was coming. What's up with that?

Finally, I just wanted to mention two more things. Matt was really trusting of Elena in letting her feed off him at the funeral. I absolutely loved the looks on everyone's faces when he said she could bite him. They seemed so shocked that he would trust a new, starving vampire to NOT kill him, and Damon's face was almost dare I say it respectful of Matt. Hopefully this means Damon will stop hating him and let him live in peace

And, to round out the night, in true, cheesy Stefan fashion, he brought the group together to grieve. While it was a nice moment, I felt underwhelmed by it. They lit Japanese lanterns even though, as Damon so adequately put it, they aren't even Japanese! (A perfect, lighthearted to break up the two heavy ending scenes.) Damon absolutely broke my heart throughout this episode. He said he doesn't do grief, but really, it's just that he doesn't do grief in front of people. The chair bit at the beginning of the episode reminded me of Rookie Blue's Oliver saving a seat for the recently deceased Jerry. He even bought his friend a scotch! Things like that always get me. But then Damon was at the cemetery talking to Alaric's grave, and I was just done. The Damon/Alaric friendship was one of my favourite things about this show, and this insight into Damon's grief, despite his adamant declaration that he doesn't do grief, was absolutely awesome. I can't really blame him for wanting to do it alone, considering every single time he's been vulnerable on this show he's had his heart ripped to pieces I also loved that the burned down candles suggested to me this wasn't the first time Damon's done this, and that Alaric's ghost was sitting beside him the whole time. The "Miss you too, buddy" from Alaric as Damon walked away (having said nothing about actually missing his friend) had me completely. Perfect ending. If it would have just been the group with Damon having walked away, I wouldn't have liked it as much.

Overall, this episode was a reminder of why I love this show (and Damon!) so much.

moreless

Great episode

By Adokensan, Oct 19, 2012

I think I enjoyed this episode much much more than last weeks. The suspense of this show is unbelievable, it has me on the edge of my seat all the time! One of my favorite scenes of the episode was when Tyler threw himself out of the window to get away from the new Vampire Hunter.

(Glad to see that the user ratings on this site gave the episode a 9.6! So that means that the episode will average a... 7.4 after the next 24 hours? ;) It's allways like that. Personally I think that a lot of the people who just give the episode a "1" logs onto TV.com the day after the episode airs, because they don't really watch it...)

I really like Damon on this show right now, he brings so much comedy to the table, and that's something this show needs. His scene with Alaric was so emotional and great.

Can't wait to see Elena use super speed, super strength and stuff like that!moreless

T.V.D

By Dec1964, Oct 19, 2012

Fantastic episode, watching Elena making the transformation from human to

vampire is interesting. With all her senses reeling from highs & lows, i was

expecting more. Its been years since i read the books, but at the memorial

it took me back to when Elena was changing into a higher being. I have

no idea who the new slayer is...? Its would be interesting if they brought

back Isobel her real mother...? but with The CW you never can tell, alot of

people have gone through this show already. Anyway it was a fantastic episode.moreless

I am so over Stelena

By otakuami, Oct 19, 2012

I was all for Stefan and Elena for the first 3 and half seasons but I've officially crossed over. Damon keeps supporting Elena much better that even she instinctual went to him when she got in trouble, despite being in love with Stefan. After this episode what Rose said in 3.19 is becoming more apparent to everybody except Elena which is natural I suppose. She was a wreck and she went with what was safe, what woman hasn't? However, I think she's maturing and leaving Stefan behind which is why the more mature Damon is starting to become an even better fit. I'm also surprised they're able to keep Caroline and Tyler from going stale. I was not bored tonight watching their romance continue. I wished Bonnie could have tapped more into the dark magic before becoming shocked back. That part felt rushed. I loved Elena's issue with blood. It made sense since she was a supernatural being to begin with that her transition may come with a glitch. It's gonna be fun to watch Vamp Elena have some fun before obviously reverting back to 'alive' like in the books. The series would get old fast if she just stays a vampire. And just what did Damon mean when he said blood sharing was personal? It could get fun if they explore that...moreless

A New Hunter In Town!

By Mariegal19, Oct 19, 2012

Wow this episode was so amazing!

Elena's 'training' with Damon and Stefan was very interesting and intriguing!

I gotta say that I think that this episode has to be the most bloody episode of Vampire Diaires I've seen in a long time! I felt so bad for Elena it was really hard to see her struggle so much!

The memorial part of the episode was so amazing, it was great to see all of our gang, minus Bonnie in attendance!

Okay what and who exactly is Connor and why can only Jeremy see his tattoo?

I loved seeing Forewood getting busy but as usual they were interrupted by Connor!

Seeing Caroline help Elena control her blood lust was one of the highlights of this episode for me!

I think she really needs to help Elena more.

Finally the end scene with everyone lighting the lanterns was so sweet and adorable

Okay so far Season 4 is crazy awesome!

I am super psyched to find out more about Connor and April in next week's episode!

moreless

Wow! 2 for 2 !

By AkiraHideyo, Oct 19, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed both the episodes so far. Keep up the great writing and intensity. Excellent. Keep it logical and PLEASE dun veer into stupidity like Supernatural did for their current season. Stay the course of LOGIC and novelty and it will be a great ride for everyone! Cheers!

Load More Reviews