The Vampire Diaries

Show Reviews (416)

Great

What was the point of this

By StacyFeng, Jun 08, 2015

Primarily, what I was most excited about this season was Damon and Elena being reunited, because last season they had barely finally almost gotten to be happy together. The writers totally screwed this over, with Elena basically storing her memories with Alaric, which I knew were going to get lost -- just to create drama and create some sort of storyline. It would have been so great if they could have overcome everything and finally got to be together, now they're together and it's alright kinda and okay, but.. idk just feels kinda all wasted.

My two least favorite couples.. Alaric & Jo, and Tyler & Liv. I just didn't feel anything real, it felt kinda forced, I didn't feel myself wanting to fight for them or anything. Usually I see what's the allure about each character, like why they're likable or how they're interesting, but none of that with Jo...

I kinda feel like they resorted to Caroline having a thing for Stephen. Its just to amp up the story, it's the expected thing right!?? They were really good friends then feelings developed.. easy.

Easy stories. Easy drama. Easy fillers. I don't know, nothing felt authentic or like it had any flow... felt very fabricated and unusual, to say the least.

WHY is Enzo even still here???? His character has no purpose and his motivation to stay and cause unecessary trouble and drama, makes me laugh. You know the writers know this too because they have the other characters address this too, "Why are you even doing this?" or whatever.

The only thing that I had an interest in, even though I felt like it was dragged out too long and eventually felt it was just there to create story, was Bonnie (and also originally Damon) escaping 1993.

Kai? An interesting character, yeah. The whole which story and everything, is whatever though.

This feels like the most wasted season EVER, with WHAT of a plot??

Season 5 was kinda of iffy for me just because I always wanted Elena to be with Stephen, but I got over it and the story was still kind of interesting and led somewhere.

I can't even shake the feeling from this season, the whole time I'm watching it, of.. what's the point?moreless

whatta waste !!!

By boogabooga, May 30, 2015

title should be just vampires cuz there are no dearies plz don't renew tvd m tired of it instead focus on the more interesting..

Vampire Diaries is not Vampire Diaries Anymore!

By Fierce_Formidable_Rik, May 19, 2015

To start of, the show had an amazing and mysterious characters. The personalities of the antagonists had a magic touch to them, in a way you would both love and hate them at the same time. Damon Salvatore started as a main antagonist. He was selfish, cruel and basically everything wrong with the world. Despite these reasons, everybody loved him. THAT WAS THE MAGIC! Turning an antagonist into a beloved character was the magic of Vampire Diaries. This show made us all understand the hardship of every 'living' thing. It made us understand that maybe the reason why someone was so cruel is because they had a cruel past. The same goes for Katherine, Klaus and possibly Elijah.

'The Vampire Diaries' was the name of the show. So, I expected to see a lot of the past and of course, vampires. As the plot went on from season 1 to season 4, I was never disappointed. I loved that Eleana went from Stephan to Damon. I enjoyed Caroline and her love for Klaus and Tyler. Mostly, I loved Jeremy's body! But anyways, the story revolved around the vampires and their wicked pasts. We see Stephan and Damon's flashbacks which all connect the story well. This made everything go smoothly.

Here's the negative point though. Season 5 and 6 was a totally different story. The magic was gone along with the original vampires and Katherine. Where were they? (I know about the new TV show, The Originals, but they should've still showed up in Vampire Diaries!) Instead we have Liv, Luke, Enzo, Kai and the long lost mom. I honestly love the idea of all these characters. Kai has a twisted personality which brings edge to the series and Enzo has a really hot vibe to him. But... If I'm totally honest, the magic never came back. The story was 100% broken and moved on too quickly. I mean, what happened to Caroline and Tyler? They moved on so quickly! It's like they never even happened! I expected more from them even if they weren't together anymore. Stephan and Eleana weren't as close as they were anymore. It just turned into a completely different show. The new plot that they made in Season 5 and 6 was not bad; it just never connected to the original plot of the series. I love the fact that they are moving forward but I hate that they forget their pasts. It's like it never happened. It's like Season 5 came with amnesia. I liked how Tyler mentioned that Caroline was his Ex in Season 6 because frankly, I don't even remember. They loved each other so much.. for nothing to show for. At least Stephan still clearly cared about Eleana.

Anyways, 'Vampire Diaries' should change it's title to Vampires Over Witches. I don't even see Stephan write in his diary anymore!

If I were to write this series, I would have made Kai stuck in a prison world with both Katherine and Lily. Kai eventually falls in love Katherine. Katherine, the heartless monster, uses him but also kinda falls for him. Lily on the other hand doesn't recognize any of her sons. She slowly collects her memories of the past decades and remembers that it was Klaus who turned her--- not just for fun, he had a reason.

Vampire Diaries did not live up to my expectations.moreless

Vampire Diaries getting worse every year and the title should be changed to its similar film

By JojodennisLee, May 19, 2015

Season 1 - Good start for a good show

Season 2 - LORD OF THE RINGS (Imagine almost all of the vampires have light immunity rings which should have been only for a selected few

Seasons 3 & 4 - MULTIPLICITY (Haven't had enough Doppelgngers Catherine and Elena, the show added one more, making them triplets and technically is no longer a doppelgnger. But still not contented with Multiplicity so they made Stefan a Doppelganger

Seasons 5 & 6 - THE PRINCESS DIARIES (Losing a lot action and focusing more on talk andmoreless

Totally dissappointed and dissolutioned

By LaurieHope1106, May 16, 2015

I am so NOT going to watch next season. Not only did the writers take Eleana out of the picture but to kill off Jo? Really? Who was pregnant with twins and during her wedding. What's the point? Although I like Damon and Stefan, isn't the show supposed to be about Eleana and her life? I am sooooo disappointed.

saddened a great show has been crumbled to trash

By nexpose, May 09, 2015

The end of Season 5 had much hope to it with Alaric coming back but with him changing back to human he just turned into a lovesick puppy with no true plot role. Ever since the Originals left they've tried to come up with some super powerful source and basically failed. Silas almost worked out and wish they kept him alive. Good writing could have made that have a great super powerful source. Also the Augustine Vampire experiments should have been a bigger plot role that lasted longer. The doppelganger part is dead now with Elena leaving so a major plot role is gone. Kai is just some super powerful bully witch with no believability to me. The cancer story with Caroline's mom and Caroline turning off her humanity and then Stefan was just a waste and filler. Originally from Season 1, Lexie would have been such a huge, incredible, powerful character for TVD to use. Of course she came back in visions and what not but I'd take her over Caroline. They've already gone astray of the books so it wouldn't matter. Also the werewolves story just crumbled and disappeared from TVD. Then I was glad to have more witch but then they went ridiculously overboard and it's barely been a Vampire show with all this witch crap lately.

I'd say the end of Season 4 is where it ended for me but I can handle Season 5. Anything is better than Season 6 which is terrible and I'm honestly completely giving up on the show after this season's finale. Could care less what Season 7 does since with Elena gone the whole plot direction is destroyed for me. Glad The Originals is around now since it's beyond infinitely better than TVD now. And their witch stuff works very well.moreless

Vampire Diaries has jumped the shark

By JohnMamuzich, May 03, 2015

I've loved Vampire Diaries since the beginning of the show. But now all this stupid story line with Caroline has made me so sick. this show has jumped the shark for so many different reasons. 'The Originals' has turned out to be a much better show than the Vampire Diaries. I just really hope they kill off Caroline because she's so freaking annoying I can't stand anymore.

Nina Debrev

By patpanchai, Apr 30, 2015

Halleluja, She is leaving!!! Season 6 without her. will be worth watching. Couldn't stand her anymore. She was crying in the last 3 or 4 Episodes more then she was acting or speaking. Hope they make her DYE painfully in the Season Final.

My thoughts

By Glacyi, Apr 27, 2015

Caroline is sooooo ughh sigh!!!! would really like to know what Stefan sees in you... Damon always dah boss ''

aquarius32761

By clydewickham, Apr 17, 2015

Do you realize if they actually kill off Elena theres no way Katherine,Amara or Tatia can return. Nina Dobrev is leaving!!! And now that she's leaving it seems like they should just end the series the story line is rather beginning to fall weak since there running out of Stefan and Caroline, Caroline needs someone hardcore to handle her like Klaus

They should find a really cool way for her to die and not just leave like her brother jermy So i could hear Caroline sing again

#ForeverTVDmoreless