The Vampire Diaries

i hate to wait for episode like 2 months u fuckers go fuck your self

The Downward Spiral Continues

By StarlightAngel, Mar 20, 2015

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

TVD used to be one of my favorite shows. It was filled with action, intrigue and mystery and it excelled thanks to the strong bonds and relationships between the characters. The writing was amazing and every episode was something to look forward to.

There always seemed to be a twist and turn around every corner and the writers kept the viewers guessing, building strong story arcs that progressed naturally through the season. It didn't seem forced or contrived.

When I say that, I'm mostly talking about the first four seasons (when generally vampires were actually badass, not weeping or whining or brooding over The love triangle between the Salvatore brothers and Elena was genuinely emotive. Katherine's scheming was funny and gripping and the addition of the Originals, especially Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah took the show to a whole other level (mostly thanks to the excellent acting of Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, and Claire The show definitely lost something when they left for New Orleans.

However, honestly, since season 5, there has been a definite downturn in the quality of the show. I'm not sure why, but the storylines seem either mundane, recycled, or just plain nonsense. A lot of the time the performances seem awkward, and even though I was very impressed with Ian Somerhalder's awesome directorial debut from an aesthetic point of view, even that couldn't make up for the plot holes and forced interactions.

Some of the 'facts' stated seem to contradict each other too.

For example why can vampire blood cure TB, rabies and other diseases but it can't cure cancer? And if the vamp who was turned still had cancer after transitioning, then why don't Lily Salvatore or Enzo have tuberculosis as vampires if the both of them died from that disease? And didn't Dr. Gilbert use vampire blood to cure Megan of a congential heart condition? I mean, if it can do that surely it can cure cancer rather than worsen it.

Also, I'm wondering what happened to some of the regular characters. Where did Matt go? Did he get so bored with having no storylines to work with that he just skipped town without even saying goodbye? Enzo just seems to be in Mystic Falls without any real purpose. And why is Alaric being given such a lame and pointless plot to work with? I feel like the writers are just giving him things to do as filler for the lackluster stories that they're concocting about characters bed-hopping or acting completely out of character with no real motivation for their actions.

This truly used to be one of my absolute favorite shows but it needs a real shake up. I hope it gets better and finds the magic that once upon a time used to make it so special and captivating to watch.moreless

Love the show but, really?

By jennifercanup5, Mar 20, 2015

So sick of Stefan flipping the switch scene and Enzo needs to go. I hope the show gets better soon. I'm almost to the the point of not watching it anymore because, it's so aggravating.

the originals and catherine big lost for tvd

By williamfarhat, Feb 28, 2015

TVD is a great show no doubt , but the truth since the originals got out from show and then catherine , the story now become so poor and boring and i feel that writer got nothing new or inspected to write ,

the show become more about love now, no action no suspense, i think more good character like klaus may save the show in the comming years, caroline and stefen is a big love mistake i think, the love triangle was the best thing in the show, damon and elena, returning so fast to love each other after wiping her memory of him also one of the boring thing in the season 6 , ideas are good but writing and story not that good, choosing character still good in tvd but the story have to improve,moreless

Screw Elanie

By sempellk, Feb 25, 2015

.playing both brothers makes her a disappointment to all females.... she should choose Dameon he is soooooo much better than Stephen also hope there is a season 7.... cutting dameon some slack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the perfect Diaries

By annadomaretska, Feb 24, 2015

I hope they make a the vampire diarys 7 because they show literally made me cry laugh and express any emotion. This is literally the best show I ever watched. I can't watch anything else now. There is one little thing that I want I want is Ian and Nina to be together cuz if they make it perfect couple in a show they can make a perfect couple in the real world. I wish they never broke up in real life!moreless

Bonnie's Prison World

By LynGal, Feb 20, 2015

Where the heck does Bonnie keep getting fresh food and clothes in her captive prison world? Someone needs to get rid of Enzo, please! I really don't care for Caroline and Stefan getting together, it just doesn't fit.

The Lame Diaries

By olicityisreal, Feb 18, 2015

I really loved The Vampire Diaries until season 4. Season 5 was meh, and season 6 is ew. There's literally no story in season 6 except for the witches, and if I'm not mistaken it's the vampire diaries and not the witch diaries so let the show focus on vampires.. if you can even call them that. The vampires have gotten so soft, you barely see them killing someone in season 6. Remember when Damon wasn't such a pussy and killed people? Or when there were badass people like Klaus, Katherine or Rebekah? Killing Katherine was the biggest mistake of TVD, Elena is too soft and she's only fun when her humanity is turned off. The show is all about love now and there's no action. I have to force myself watching an episode of it, hoping it gets better. *changes into vine girl* I DON'T THINK ANYTHING HAS CHANGED IF ANYTHING ITTA WENT FROM WORSE TO WORSER

Yeah but.. The Originals is getting better and TVD is getting worse.

Please bring some freaking action..moreless

Choosing the Right Skin Care for You

By Martinae852, Feb 17, 2015

I don't really know bit similar to declare sonic it's probably not as great just because the brush heads a little bit smaller and probably more dense than a little Clarion one and I know the Clarion doesn't spend it kind of just like vibrate so I don't really know which one is better I'm sure they both work awesome but .

Season 5-6

By BrittneyBrieMcGraw, Feb 15, 2015

I like the show but the newer seasons are changing my mind. I semi liked season five. I want Stefan and Elena back together. He loves her with an unconditional pure love. Damon is just always doing something dumb ... And omg I hate Enzo I don't see any need for his character. Kai was getting annoying he kept coming Back but I guess the merge will make his character more humane. Once again I trip dislike Enzo I wish he would go away. I also wish Matt had something that didn't make him so weak. Season 6 is getting to be hard to watch with the above stated.moreless

Load More Reviews