Stand by Me

Episode Reviews (18)

Great

Shocking acting from Nina

By OzTraveller, May 08, 2013

Please tell me the writers will kill HER off in the near future? That crying scene was some of the worst fake crying I have ever heard. Plus so selfish to expect all the supernatural to come back just so she can have a couple of family members? Seriously?! The writing is getting so weak.

Ugh - Bonny

By mandytjie, Apr 28, 2013

You know, I really like the writers of TVD to give Bonny some decent storylines because I really like the character and the Kat Graham but if something incredibly awful isn't happening to Bonny, she's making the worst possible hair-brained decisions.

Yeah and a bit gutted Jeremy is really gone.

AWESOME!

By eutuxiakatsar, Mar 19, 2013

Ok, that was the BEST episode of the whole season! Season 4 is a little bit boring but this episode was so emotional and interesting. I just loved it and it doesn't bother me that Jeremy died.

A perfect epsiode!

By SarahEBowen, Mar 16, 2013

Stand by me was an epic episode of Vampire Diaries! It's always hard when you have to kill a character off and its even harder to do it without it looking contrived. The fact that the first of the main cast to die properly was Jeremy was not a surprise. His death has been forshadowed all season and it works to create strong character development for Elena.

No one should forget that last season they just sent him away for a long period of time. Jeremy hasn't had enough to do for a long time. His character has gone as far as it can for now and they couldn't exactly just compel him away like last time.

Loved the scene in the house as Elena finally realises her baby brother is not waking up again. Powerful and emotional stuff from Nina Dobrov, despite the fact that she is a bit of an ugly crier - no offence. And Damon invoking the sire bond to turn off her humanity - pretty sure that is going to kick him in the guts later. No humanity means no emotions, means no love, no kindness just empty. How are the boys going to deal with that i wonder?

Good twist when they burn down the house too! Time for some new sets i guess.

Bonnie has fallen a little hard on the crazy sign of the fence. I hope she doesn't go too dark side but i'm pretty sure that is where this season is going. Stil great episode, loved it.moreless

Another useless character bites the dust.

By Togana, Mar 09, 2013

I for one was happy to see Jeremy go. His character served no purpose, much like Alaric's character did. Kudos to TVD for taking the ax in such a bold way. Some TV shows are too afraid to do anything to their main characters. It keeps the plot fresh and unpredictable.

Galen, that is the worst Scottish accent ever

By ohnoron, Mar 05, 2013

Not much more to say. It's not Scottish, it's just awful.

Brain malfunction!

By Kmize, Feb 23, 2013

First let me start by saying I have read EVERY BOOK and so it's been an adventure watching the show and trying to figure out when and if they will put the books into play. I was HEARTBROKEN to find out the third hunters series book would be the LAST ONE!!! How can that be? I need these books, they are like readable crack! But getting back to the last episode.... WHAT?!? I've replayed it nine times, EVERY time bringing back the same tears, the same whys and fear that I won't have my favorite show now either! I was so thrilled when Elena and Damon FINALLY got together. My LORD he deserves it. Throughout every book, every tv episode, he's shown how deep his live for her is. I know Stephan loves her too, I get it! But I think although Stephan's love is pure, Damon's has always been deeper! My biggest fear is now that Damon shut off her humanity, it will also shut off her love for him. Seeing the preview where she's standing there naked and saying "nothing either of you haven't seen before" just makes me think she doesn't care about ANYTHING anymore! On one side you'd think wow, now Damon has his Dark Princess. But I don't think this is the Elena he is in love with! He loves the true loving human Elena, just if that one loved him back. She has list SO much!!!! How on EARTH can you take Jeremy away? Where will this show go? If they kill off a major character every season, how much longer will I get to see beautiful Ian on tv anymore? Bonnie CANNOT lower the veil! Good part: everyone I LOVE comes back (but in what condition?). Bad part: it will literally be the few good guys fighting a UNIVERSE of bad! Vampires werewolves and all other supernatural creatures would no longer stay hidden in the world thus turning the show into something very True Bloody! I know my comments are now making no sense at this point but please understand why. I'm COMPLETELY DUMBFOUNDED SPEECHLESS CONFUSED AND SCARED! I love the Vampire Diaries! Thursday nights are my weekly Valium knowing its coming on at eight and I don't ever want to loose it! Please Rebecca get your blonde butt back to mystic falls and mention in your rage that you managed to find Shane dead so that SOMEBODY knows Bonnie is seeing and hearing things from a psycho witch man who's main goal is to screw everything up for EVERYONE! I'm loosing my mind!moreless

Bonnie, please Expression yourself a new brain

By melkat16, Feb 23, 2013

A whole episode about Jeremy. Ugh. Anyway, don't they all kno they are on TVD? On TVD, death is meaningless. It's like sleeping and waking up. JemJem will be back before we know it. No. Big. Deal.

Elena should have stayed in the house when she set it on fire. I don't understand why EVERYBODY is willing to bend over backwards and impale themselves for her. That right there is more unbelievable than the supernatural stuff. When anything happens, the first thing everybody thinks about, is Elena's well-being.

Something better not happen to Rebekah. Love her and Klaus. Now THESE are characters I CARE ABOUT.

And Caroline can go eat bricks somewhere. Unless she gets together with Klaus, in which case, she's welcome to stay.

Anyhoo, welcome Shilas.moreless

Stand by Me

By TrueTvWatcher, Feb 23, 2013

Stand by Me was a very entertaining episode of The Vampire Diaries. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of great character development and plot progression. It was sad to see those mourning Jeremy. I liked how every thing played out. I look forward to watching what happens next! !!

TVD's soundtracks ace'd it again.

By FredrikReithe, Feb 23, 2013

Gotta love TVD's choice of soundtracks, absolutely amazing. Anyone know the name of the song used in the end of the episode?

EDIT: The song was "Family" by Noah Gundersen!

Load More Reviews