Cherokee Rose

Good
7.6

Positive

By AriSky, Apr 27, 2013

Saw the well scene coming a mile away. Something that waterlogged isn't structurally sound at all. And I'm torn regarding Lori. While it's wonderful seeing that she's not getting away with her unfaithfulness scott-free, it could easily go the other way into overly shaming her for what was an honest mistake based on the information she had. The focus on lies is a great one, and it'll be great to see the end to Shane's lie play out. And Sophia continues to be a convenient, if forgotten, plot device.moreless

2x04 - Cherokee Rose

By JDML23, Oct 15, 2012

Seeing how the survivors deal with the walker in the well was a laugh even as I cringed for Glenn. Other than that part I was pretty bored by the rest of the episode. And I could careless about Lori's possible pregnancy.

White Lies

By dreamgoat, Feb 14, 2012

Well basically the show is all about lies or hiding the lie. Lorie ask for a pregnancy test, Shane lying at the funeral for Otis last moments. The good show to watch but don't really see no real direction anymore it's like their waiting for something (Writers). The show continues to look for the girl so between episode to episode there is no real time jump made a couple of hours. This is going so slow that they have to put time jumps in this series, but I think the writers don't know what to do or direction to take so playing it safe.moreless

Lying through your teeth.

By ionee24, Dec 13, 2011

White lies can take several forms: the blunt one Shane uses to explain himself to Otis's wife during his memorial service - and to Andrea later on - that, ironically, provides less meaning Otis's death so rightfuly deserves and, nevertheless, honors his murder more than it does his murderer's reasons for it.

White lies can also be small and savvy, like the one Rick uses to encourage his son to get better, a lie Carl easily picks on, for a friend as close as Sophia would've been there by his side should she have already been found.

White lies can be dumb and clumsy revealed themselves as truth for one Glenn and Maggie and, sometimes, white lies may not be lies at all, like the Cherokee Rose Daryl truly believes bloomed for Carol's suffering.

Alas white lies, perhaps because they are lies, don't work at all...moreless

Dumb Behavior II : Zombitris, irresistible Glenn, predictable Lori subplot, thoughtful connections, optimistic spirit, intriguing rules, smart dialogs (Spoilers)

By jmw, Dec 04, 2011

And the walker of the week is… Gorezilla ! Their plan to get it out of the well was silly and with Save the Last One, where Daryl and Andrea went for a walk at night, I worry that we will have to endure more stupid situations. I mean the cord is the oldest one trick pony, it always break. So the precious minutes lost to follow Glenn's predictable descent in hell could have been used for something more important. It leads us to his hilarious and sexy escape with Maggie. The awkward way he got laid was well staged and it was obvious Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan were having fun. Surviving with their characters would make a post apocalyptic world less painful to live in. Moreover their arc was connected to Lori's search for a pregnancy test so even if I saw it coming the writing knows where it's going. In addition her sensual moment with Rick in front of the mirror was similar to the one Glenn and Maggie shared. It proves that there's still hope despite the pessimistic dialogs between Lori and her husband last episode. The slow pace also proved that The Walking Dead excels in all departments, from frightening situations like the horde to heartwarming reunions. They're all together now and only Sophia is missing. But it seems Daryl is on her trail even if it wasn't explicitely stated, a subtlety I'm quite fond of. The hopeful story he told the mother was also quite moving and the rose as beautiful as the landscape Rick and the old man contemplated at the creek. As for their man to man discussion in front of the house it opened a whole new set of possibilities. Shouldn't Rick ask the others what they want to do ? What are the rules to stay ? Covering topics like religion and education issues was also quite enlightening. Last but not least a bold Shane reminded me of Of Mice and Men because the character has reached a certain complexity and makes me uncomfortable. Of course he had to lie but if he hadn't shoot the fat guy well he would just be a pile of bloody meat on the road. Now I only have one question left… How many condoms did Glenn use ? Considering the super bright smile he had on his face I bet on seven, one for each heaven they reached. Naughty survivors !

Note : This review was first posted on Kritikenstein, my weblog.moreless

Naked Hot Chic saved this episode. Otherwise, this episode just proved what everybody already knew but didn't want to admit. Still, NAKED HOT CHIC.

By DeepSecret, Dec 04, 2011

NAKED HOT CHIC. NAKED HOT CHIC. NAKED HOT CHIC.

Phew, man, talk about heating things up. Lauren Cohan is amazing.

But cmon, now, lets admit it - Was this show spectacular. Off course not. It was BORING and LAME.

I said didn't I - This show is all about the drama. Suspense is the key currency here and without it, the show proves that its not much to go by.

I get filler episodes but cmon - A pregnancy, a sex scene and a zombie in a well growing fins?I mean seriously, in the previous eps, the zombies consumed the legs of a hanging zombie-brother, dead meat mind you, but in this episode they contradict themselves and say zombies only go for live meat.

Btw, does anyone remember we were looking for small girl here? Hello?

Did someone miss the script rewrite or are we in for some mind bending tv logic?

Anyway, zombies are slowly getting boring for me, and unless somethng spectacular happens - like the small girl beings friends with a mutant, this show is gonna end up like Heroes.

That would be a total waste.moreless

I cant believe how boring is this show getting. There is almost nothing going on in each episode. We just stare at the tv while we watch nothing happening. And I have to say that it looks like each episode is getting more boring than the previous one.zzz

By kmlgd, Dec 04, 2011

No drama, no action, no zombies, no show.

the show is missing big drama and action. twists are needed, come on.

11/11/11- Veterans' Day

By tigerdude22, Nov 22, 2011

Happy Veterans' Day!!! Let's give a moment of silence to all of the men and women that are serving our country. (Moment of Silence)................................................................................................. .............................................................................................................. ............................................. that was a good moment of silence and now for my review of "The Walking Dead". I really thought Season 2 was going to be awesome and truly epic every single episode. Well, it looks like that's not happening. The season started off a little great but now it's getting slower and slower each episode. This episode is definitely "The Walking Dead"'s slowing pace ever. Seriously? why are they focusing more on the drama and less on the zombies. We don't care about the characters, I want to see zombies. This is a horror suspense thriller show... not a drama show. Open your eyes writers and actually make an epic episode filled with zombies. You did so good with Season 1. Why are you slipping on Season 2? Make zombie action. Sorry if I sound mean by saying "We don't care about the characters". It's just that I want to zombie action in this show and not the drama. If I wanted to see a drama show... I would watch "Breaking Bad" (which won't be aired until Season 5 comes next summer). The only entertaining scene in this episode was when the gang is trying to get that zombie out of the well and one of them was almost going to fall down and get attacked by the zombies... that's like only the scary and suspenseful scene in this episode. Of course, the zombie's guts showing when his body ripped apart was gross but bloody and pretty awesome. So yeah, only two scenes were entertaining, not one. Please, make the next episode epic because I'm gonna start to lose hope for this show if they keep this up. Overall, a mediocre episode of "The Walking Dead" and most definitely the worst... On the bright side, Have a Happy Veterans' Day. 5.5./10moreless

Best episode since the premiere.

By JaCkKbAuEr2424, Nov 12, 2011

Sure, there wasn't a slew of zombie attacks that the group had to face off against and there wasn't huge twists like last week's discovery that Shane killed Otis, but still... this episode was compelling, exciting and interesting in a way that some of the episodes preceding it haven't been. Even last week's episode, which had a killer ending, was somewhat of a letdown the rest of the time.

In this episode, once again, most of the group splits up into different groups. Daryl goes off by himself to try and find Sophia while Shane, Andrea and Sophia's mom go in a different direction to find her. That leaves the rest of the group to try and get a zombie out of a well that has drinking water. It seems like a remarkably minor task, but sometimes, the banal has a way of bringing out some great character moments.

It's these character moments that made me enjoy the episode that much more. Some of my friends who watch the show were complaining, saying this episode felt like more filler and that the show needs more brains, death and violence. I vehemently disagree to that claim; the show works best when there's a blend of it all. In this episode, Daryl comes across as a charming person, something he rarely is. His speech about the Trail of Tears and the Cherokee Rose was beautiful and one of my favorite moments this season. Ditto goes for Herschel telling Rick that he'll have to leave soon and Rick defending their right to stay at his camp. Herschel proceeds to open up to Rick, telling him about his father and giving us the great line, "Some fathers don't deserve the respect of their sons."

There's just a lot of great moments between characters here. One bizarre one was the hook-up between Glenn and Maggie (my bad on getting Maggie's name wrong for the last two weeks, I thought her name was Rachel for some odd reason). I understand that they hook-up in the actual graphic novel series but I didn't expect it to be this quick and under these circumstances. Either way, I'm glad we're getting more Glenn scenes. He's the underdog in this show and in many of the scenes.

As I said before, the whole sequence where Rick and everyone else attempts to get the zombie from out of the well was a little bit of comic relief and a chance to see what must've been the bloodiest zombie death to date. It showed that even when the world is ending and zombies roam the earth, there are still little household chores that need to be done.

I'm not sure what to think about the Lori pregnancy. On one hand, it's fascinating to think about a woman giving birth in the middle of a world over-run with zombies and in a place with no possible medical attention. On the other hand, it's a go-to twist in TV shows and I hope the writers do something original with it instead of hiding it for a season and a half like some shows would.

I definitely found this to be the best episode since the premiere. Very compelling and filled with great character moments.moreless

11/6

By thefanof, Nov 11, 2011

The Walking Dead had an intriguing episode here today. I liked the guy stuck in the well, but come on, when the pizza boy went in did anyone not expect something bad to happen? The show needs to shock us if they are intent on delivering this kind of program, not just being predictable night after night. I don't care about the pregnancy, I don't care about where they live, I just want a good drama and right now this is just above average to me, it's not "good" yet.

moreless