Chupacabra

By robinpokecyborg, Jul 07, 2014

Dhvvkgcc

Take Off Your High Heels

By AriSky, May 16, 2013

This episode pretty much concreted that Darryl and Glenn are my favorites. Lory deserves everything she's got coming. Rick is too black and white. Andrea's a loose cannon. The people they're staying with are obviously hypocrites/crazy/etc. and need to be left behind as soon as possible. I had this feeling that we would see Murl before we saw Sophia again as well, and that was spot-on. Kind of a meh episode plot-wise, but focused on characters who are worthwhile.

2x05 - Chupacabra

By JDML23, Oct 15, 2012

The more I watch this show the more I think that Daryl really needs to leave this group. What is he getting out of sticking with them? I can't help but think his survival chances would go up if he ditches the group.

Can't stand Andrea!

By cheriebery, Oct 04, 2012

Can't stand Andrea's gimme a gun, gimme a gun, like a kid wanting a toy. Then she finally gets her hands on one and hits daryll and they keep giving her guns. Her attitude and story line just don't do it for me. Over all the episode was okay but Andrea's burning desire to get her hands on a gun and shoot something really annoy me.

Hooray for Hillbillies :)

By lilmisstx, Mar 16, 2012

Darryl is hands-down the best thing to happen to The Walking Dead. At least (despite my bambi-loving ways), he's the one I'd want to be stuck with if forced to live in a situation like this. (Rick would bore me with his do-goodiness and Shane would probably try to kill and eat me if the idea crossed his mind).

It of course also doesn't hurt that Darryl is adorable as hell.

Okay, so now to the review ... [Spoilers ahead].

Herschel really gets on my nerves, and comics aside, I'd take him to the woods and arrange a little accident. While in part I understand his position, he comes across as that self-righteous catholic school principle who beleives in 'do what i say' and not necessarily 'do as I do'. (I mean, he provides refuge to zombies and yet is kicking the live group out)? Either this is a big plot hole, or he is just not right.

The Maggie / Glenn relationship also gets on my nerves. Glenn needs to get a little backbone growing. Not that he's not as brave as heck, but if I were Maggie I would never have picked him over Darryl and in a tough spot, even Shane. He seems much too much of a brainless twit when it comes to women (the PMS line ... c'mon!). And telling Dale he slept with Maggie really doesn't sit well with me although I of course understand it was a segway in the plot leading to other things, and those were his lines, but still, he comes across as just wimpy, unwordly and unattractive because of this.

While on the 'gets on my nerves' tangent, despite starting out really liking Andrea in early episodes, her character has become idiotic. I'm a girl,and I can shoot. It REALLY isn't that hard; nor is it hard to know WHAT to shoot at. So far she has wanted to shoot everything, including herself. This makes HER come across as a brainless twit too.

And Lori? Don't get me started on her. Brainless twit Numero Uno.

So, with all this, you are probably wondering WHY I like this show so much.

I think it is because of episodes like this one.

The dialogue between Merle and Darryl was great. I liked the fact that Darryl super-imposed Merle in his mind to give him the necessary will to keep going after being thrown off the horse and landing on his arrow. Merle really said what Merle needed to say to get the job done, and he did so brilliantly.

The dialogue between Shane and Rick, great also. It flowed nicely and didn't seem rehearsed. The remembering their love lives in high school both gave us more of an insight into who they are, as well as opened up the door for the discussion on Sofia. Additionally, it opened up the possibility that what Shane feels for Lori may have a little to do with competitiveness. This helps because I never fully wrapped my mind around what pull it is that Lori has on Shane. I mean, not to knock her, I just do not see anything extraordinary about her, and simply wondered what the appeal is supposed to be.

Both story lines (Darryl/Merle and Rick/Shane) were amazingly acted.

More than this though, I think I like the series, because one can pretty much relate to how everyone feels, and although it may seem like a contradiction, one sees everyone's point of view as being at least a little right, even when in direct opposition to each other. With each episode it gets harderto say with any accuracy who is really right and who is wrong, and what one would do in a similar situation.

Not many shows can make you ponder that.

EDIT:

As for the Sofia arc ... I agree with many: It has dragged out far too long. Either find her or kill her off already. (You know ... as Shane would say ... so that we can move on) ;).moreless

It was ok

By dreamgoat, Feb 14, 2012

There is no more creativity in this episode or for a little bit now. The shows uniqueness was the element of surprise and now I can predict a lot of the characters actions except for the silly ones like the ghost thing about seeing Daryl's brother. For Glenn to find out what is in the barn was no shocker at all, not only that if you looked at the recent episodes you can kinda figure out what was hidden there. Clue One: Rick ask the owner if we are in your way we can move out towards the barn and camp near it, the owner said I rather you close to the house. He doesn't like them being there why does he want them near the house unless for a reason (Red Flag). Clue Two was when Rick ask the owner of the farm would he reconsider them to stay he said I have things going on that I don't want discovered or asked about (Red Flag). Clue Three: What convinced me was one of the dead in the well, no unknown dead ever got that close to the house but there was one in the Well. I like the build up they did to give you signs to not keep you totally in the dark but for me they made it so obvious that they were practically singing what the secret was. Overall it was good to watch the story but I expected more than what I watched.moreless

thefanof is 100% right when he said that this show is so boring and the storylines are terrible and how the acting is getting worse.

By tigerdude22, Nov 29, 2011

Can this show can get any more boring or worse?... last time I checked, this show was called "The Walking Dead" NOT "The Boring Slump". I'm sorry fans but this storytelling does not do justice and it's getting worse and worse. Before Season began, we are seeing promos saying that Season 2 of "The Walking Dead" is going to be bloody fantastic, horrifyinh, suspenseful, and many more good things about. As a fan of this show, I am super disappointed of what the writer are doing. How could they go so right with Season 1 BUT go so wrong with Season 2. This show isn't giving me zombies. Like I said, I agree with everything that thefanof says. I did find Darryl having a hallucination of his older brother to be interesting but that's like one of the few good things about this show. That one BRIEF zombie scene in the very middle of the episode was also good as well. Seriously? we don't care what goes on with the characters. Laurie being pregnant, Glenn and that cowgirl going out. Come on, enough with the drama, I don't care what goes on with the characters... it's so freakin' boring. If the rest of the season continues to be this boring and this bad, I'm just gonna stop watching this show PERIOD and this show will lose a fan which is me. Bring more zombies and enough with the drama writers... wake up and get your heads straight. Overall, such a poor episode of "The Walking Dead"... I'm not surprised if next week's episode is gonna get an even lower score from me, this season better improve and they better do it fast. 4.5/10moreless

Finally the show is moving forward but still a litttle slow.

By kmlgd, Nov 29, 2011

Daryl part in this show gave us some story movement that we were needing but I think is was too stretched out like most of the show. Like somebody else also cuoted, it's getting predictable. But at least the story is finally moving on. But a full episode just to show Daryl's incident and zombies in the Barn and leave us hanging for the next episode?

Almost forgot, the best part for me was Daryl being mistaken for a zombie and getting shoot. Luckly he is alive.

I still think that there is more work that needs to be done.moreless

Daryl continues to look for Sophia while tensions simmer between Rick and Herschel.

By JaCkKbAuEr2424, Nov 28, 2011

This show needs to learn a little something called "suspense." Right now, the show has spent five straight episodes doing nothing but looking for the girl, fixing Carl and standing around, not knowing what to do with themselves. There has been no tension, no drama, nothing that I would call exciting. There's just been dragging the first half of the season out, and that's lame.

If we didn't have the great Daryl scenes and the ending (and the Daryl scenes were nearly ruined by the stupid hallucinations the writers decided to include), this episode would've been rated a lot lower. Daryl decides to go out on his own and find Sophia. The scenes where he falls down the hill and gets stabbed with his own arrow are riveting, and equally riveting are the scenes where he fights the zombie and tries climbing back up the hill. As soon as Merle appears in ghost form, it's stupid.

Back at camp, characters flit from one place to the next, talking about pointless stuff or things we already know. If there's one thing I liked about these scenes, it's the way we slowly learn that Herschel is kind of a d-bag. I thought Herschel would understand that this group of people have seen enough crap in the last month or so, but apparently not. He wants them to leave.

The ending is also a nice moment. What the heck are those zombies doing in the barn? I have theories but we'll have to wait and see.moreless

A good episode. (SPOILER ALERT!)

By mulderscully09, Nov 21, 2011

So far the season has been slow. This episode was one of the best yet of the season, with the Darryl situation and the whole problem around the sheriff's wife pregnancy. I think the writers are taking this road where everything happens in its own time, so every week we keep watching these episodes with barely any action and a lot of drama. Since the third episode we haven't seen this much action. The fourth one was full of talking and worring about each other, not that it was bad, but on season one we watched every episode with our hearts in our throats from all the thrill and the suspense.

This week we had an episode that had all the worring and the drama with some action thrown into it. I thought it was great to see Darryl's brother again, even if in a halucination. I admit that I got a bit worried that Darryl was going to turn into one of the walkers and leave us without all his badass/touchy attitude.

In spite of being a huge X Files fan, I haave to say that Lauire Holden's character, Andrea, is starting to get on my nerves. All the old man wants to do is help her through a harrowing time and she keeps being rude with him. She's just trying to prove herself, but I think she can tone the attitude down a bit.

Really looking forward to see how Shane's situation is going to evolve after what he did to Odis. He sure deserves something horrible happening to him, but we'll see how the writers manage that, because now he has one of the more interesting story lines of the whole cast.

moreless