The Walking Dead Season 4 Has a New Trailer and a Premiere Date (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Jul 19, 2013

The undead must HATE October. Every year since 2010, the tenth month of the calendar year rolls around and BAM people are trying to kill them. That won't change again this year, so tell your dead great-grandmother to stay dead because she will not like what she sees if she crawls out of the ground.

That was just a long way of saying that AMC has put a premiere date on the fourth season of The Walking Dead. And it's...

October 13. 9pm. On AMC.

As per usual for the series, the season will be split into two parts. Eight episodes will air in the fall then it's break time to let the zombies recoup, then eight more episodes starting in February. The fourth season brings with it the series' third showrunner, Scott M. Gimple, who takes over for the departing Glen Mazzara.

Oh and I suppose you also want to see that trailer. Here you go!

I'll be sitting with the cast and producers later today, so look for highlights from that session on the site later this evening. 

• Comments (88)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • yaninako Sep 09, 2013

you can see the new season trailer at imdb.com

• JonasBister Sep 07, 2013

Thank you AMC for blocking the trailers in my region/country.... If I had a store it would have sign saying: "everyone is welcome except AMC representatives. You are blocked from this store."

• rudyversteeg2 Sep 05, 2013

i hope tv.com is going to fix the watching problem i want to see it in the Nethelands but i can't and i don't like it!

• N4rell3 Sep 12, 2013

Thank the gods for youtube :)

• SonjaF Sep 08, 2013

here the same, great website, but too bad it is blocked from other countries (the Netherlands).

• JacekSzuowi Aug 30, 2013

I hope that the american people can`t watch polish trailers as we can`t watch this trailer in Poland.

• ElisaDiaz Jul 22, 2013

Not sure I'm going to like the new season that much... looks like they go back to lots of zombies and zombie kills (that's all I have seen in the trailer). To leave or not to leave the prison will take the whole season? Like... to leave or not to leave the farm, until it gets all full of zombies and you have to leave anyways? Been there, done that. But this season was so good that I am going to hope that there is more than that. Those of you just watching for the zombie gore, I understand you are happy!

• efonsecajr Jul 22, 2013

Think I just got bit cuz I feel tingly all over. Excellent trailer.

• natesjokes Jul 22, 2013

ohh snap. That's some intense shit right there. Can't wait.

• tonyaking5036 Jul 22, 2013

The trailer looks good and I'm hyped for Season 4 although Season 3 ending wasn't all that great. Can't wait to see Daryl and Michonne!!!

One thing I don't understand: why would they let the walkers' situation outside the fence get out of hand. Come on, there's a huge fence right in the middle - there's more people in the camp now (the old and the young can both do it); make a schedule for everyone to have a turn going outside and stabbing the walkers in the brain. Make a game of it: the person who 'kills' the most walkers gets an extra piece of cake for lunch, or maybe a day off from work.

• ionee24 Aug 10, 2013

I think its like the trailer said, the moment you start feeling safe its the moment you start making mistakes.

The conditions have not changed, they are all still infected, one of them dies inside that prison and they have a zombie in their hands. But they have began to feel so comfortable within the community they have forgotten all of this.

• natesjokes Jul 22, 2013

Well the governor already killed all the capable people. There's probably not many left that can do much.

• ionee24 Aug 24, 2013

Not to mention, many people left in Woodbury were old. sick or children. the only reason Tyresse and his sister stayed behind is because they didn't want to attck the prison.

• MintberryCrunch Jul 21, 2013

D'Angelo Barskdale......awesome.

Trailer looks good, season 3 was bad towards the end but I thought some earlier stuff (especially Lori's death) was well done.

If the betrayer is one of the original crew (or is that too absurd?) who would people guess at, I'd like it if it turned out Carl has gone completely off the rails.

• No1Slayerette Jul 20, 2013

Not sure I get all the third season hate... Weren't people saying the same thing about season two when it finished? I guess people can never be happy. I don't recall the third season all that well, and other than some filler episodes in which it was obvious the writers were quite obviously trying to bide their time until the Governor showdown, I thought the rest was not bad.

I think this season might have a very different feel to it compred to the others, having so much new characters and all, and this will either be a good or a ad thing, but I guess for a show like TWD change is always a good thing, so I'm hoping I'll like what I see.

• See More Comments (29)